Works PC vs FMF fatty for 250 2 smokes. . .

I remember in the 90s the Noleen stuff for the YZ's was supposed to be pretty sick. I had a friend with a YZ 250, had a Pro Circuit pipe, silencer, and Eric Gore motor work. It had plenty of snap and the power pulled to the moon. It was one of the fastest 250s I have ridden. I also rode a CR 250 that had an FMF pipe, silencer and FMF motorwork. It was all bottom power, very smooth but all bottom and the power topped put quickly then it went dead, I hated it. I wouldnt mind a 250 myself or even a 125 to play around on.

Marc I'm gonna have to steal a few laps on your scooter if you got the pro circuit v force set up. Then atleast I'll have a better idea of the snap and top end.

If that's alright with you of course.

And here I've been content riding a stock '06 YZ 250 for years. But I'd heard that the stock pipe is pretty good.

My last steel frame YZ 250 had a full works PC outdoor motor and very fast blue rims but the '06 has always felt stronger to me, even with it's plain old stock rims.

No doubt they put out plenty of power stock. But considering that I'm used to the god-like power of 450s, I don't think the 250 can compete out of the box. But I still feel that a 250f has nothing for a snappy tuned 250 2 smoke at the amateur level we ride. 250 2 stroke is a grand advantage in the lighter divisions for sure.

I know you just got the bike but have you considered sending it to gorr to make it a 300? I been reading a lot of good stuff about the 300 and guys that have 450s are saying it's comparable

Been considering it. I might wait until I need to do a top end. For right now I think I'm gonna just pipe, v force. I wonder I'd gorr would micro blue the motor for me in addition to the 300 kit.

Anyone on here have the 300 kit ? 250cc is plenty for me, I think lol. . .

Back