Hello from Loretta Lynn's!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/27322840?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/27322840">Loretta Lynn's 2011 - Thursday</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/kafilms">Kevin Anderson</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Starts; Starts; Starts!!!!!!!......It’s all about the Start….
Looks like Agin did real well in +40…..good Job!!!
Rocket…..is left to claw his way through the pack once again…..

Congratulations to both Jon Agin and to Gaylon Dickson who finished 3rd overall in +40. Gaylon is from D5 and was just up at Area330 a couple weeks ago. Jon has always been fast and is always in incredible shape! I have raced with and been friends with both those guys for better then 20 years and its good to see them both do so well. It always nice to see the good guys do so good. I think thats the best result for both of them ever down at the ranch, although i do remember Jon winning a moto back when we both rode the B class down there in the mid 80's.

Congratulations to both Jon Agin and to Gaylon Dickson who finished 3rd overall in +40. Gaylon is from D5 and was just up at Area330 a couple weeks ago. Jon has always been fast and is always in incredible shape! I have raced with and been friends with both those guys for better then 20 years and its good to see them both do so well. It always nice to see the good guys do so good. I think thats the best result for both of them ever down at the ranch, although i do remember Jon winning a moto back when we both rode the B class down there in the mid 80's.
james evans in +25 is at 330 all the time too. he got 2nd overall i do believe.

Jimmy is a beast!! Him and his dad are some of the nicest folks that you will ever meet too. He is always fast but really turns it up down at the ranch.

Jimmy is a beast!! Him and his dad are some of the nicest folks that you will ever meet too. He is always fast but really turns it up down at the ranch.
just checked the schedule and results. hes still in contention for the title, that race should be tomorrow. its scheduled to be 1st, if there still on schedule (i doubt it).

Seems like the posted schedules dont match what they say the race order is...oh well bring on vet 30 and 250 c stock

Why did they split the Youth Beginner classes after 2 motos? Separate gate drops for one class? Cause they were still all out at the same time according to live scoring. Furthermore, why were they split unevenly? Like 12-14 and 9-11 something like that. How did they determine who goes in which group? I watched the first moto and I don't remember seeing them split, that's why I ask.

Why did they split the Youth Beginner classes after 2 motos? Separate gate drops for one class? Cause they were still all out at the same time according to live scoring. Furthermore, why were they split unevenly? Like 12-14 and 9-11 something like that. How did they determine who goes in which group? I watched the first moto and I don't remember seeing them split, that's why I ask.
just because its youth 12-14 or youth 11-15, you still had to qualify for 1 or the other. from my understanding those classes dont even get a championship. they are racing for, well just to say they did i guess. those classes wont be there next year.

I'm perfectly aware of those rules regarding that class, I mean the classes themselves, say Youth Beginner (age division 1) was divided into 2 groups within itself for the 3rd moto but was a whole class of 20 or 30 for the first 2. Not why they run together or anything. And they divided the onee class with 30 riders into group one with 12 entries and group two with 14, it's uneven, why not 13, 13. And the other YB class was 20 riders divided into 9 and 11 rider groups.

I think the one class was set up for 30 max entries but recieved less than that, then it was divided into 12 and 14.

The Youth Beginner Classes had a huge "mess" right off the beginning of the week and had their own riders meeting after the riders meeting where they let everyone know in the class what was going on.

1. Both classes had many competitors that were not "conforming" to the rules of the class and would be Disqualified based on information provided to MX Sports. These infractions came from many things like "racing for more than 1 year prior (2010 being the only year you could have raced before)", the size of the bike wheels that they were running (no super mini wheels allowed), etc etc. So they told all of these parents that since they are all down here anyway and none of this stuff was clear at the regionals and they've shown up to the event...... that they were splitting both of the YB classes into 2 groups (Conforming and Non- COnforming) and while they were racing off of 1 drop like they were supposed to, that they were being scored separately and going to be given separate awards at the end for each group (so there were really 4 classes on the track at once). This also created quite a scene with the AMA referee when kids that finished on the podium of their group didn't get to talk to the announcer because they didn't finish on the podium of the whole group in the moto..... a mess. Imagine parents that are irate that wanted to hear their kids talk on the podium who where not allowed and they did finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in their class....... I'm sure that all of this is factoring into the death of this class after just 1 year.........

Got one last moto today...... the last of the whole thing at 130pm and it will be rough hot and nasty track........ good thing I'm in shape!

Catch you guys soon at home.

Thanks for the updates Rocket, seems there are a lot of class changes that need to be made for next year. Good luck on your last moto!!

Ahhh…you just gotta love humanity!...... A week’s worth of action from the undisputed leaders in our sport and a chick in a bathing suit gets the attention of these two…

<O:p</O:p
Congrats for making the highlight reel E !!! Now we know who the real star of the week was!

Ahhhhh.......Um.....Hey Kevin Kelly, give me a call ........I can hook ya up with the Hottie in the Pink Bikini's digits !!!!!......<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

Another strong ride by Barney Barnett in +45 !!! way to go!
And a good solid showing by John Delbalso in +45 as well...<O:p</O:p

Pit, as a 2nd alternate do you get to practice just in case??

Yes I got to run practice on Monday, it was fun! First time I've ever ridden there. Bummer to not get in, but that's the way it goes.

Attachments

• IMG_7456.jpg
    IMG_7456.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_7507.jpg
    IMG_7507.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 213
Back