worst track ever

mxer935

PR Member
I'm at it right now I hate to ***** but big game is a complete crap hole this is bad in every aspect I'm just posting this so no one else waste their money and time

Too bad you never rode at New Moon in Springfield, OH (D-11) in 1996. The track was on the site of an old drive-in movie theatre that specialized in rather illicit movies.

The dust was so bad I couldn't see my front fender three turns into practice. It was a night race, so things only got more interesting from there. We didn't have to worry about D-11 pulling their sanction, b/c one of the two promoters cleaned out the bank account and left town after the third race. Now THAT was quality racing!

No, they didn't show movies during intermission, either...

2 every jump appeared to be built by some one who has never riden a off road vehicles they stopped practice because they realized someone was going to get hurt bad and started to try to fix things but if you polish a turd you still have a turd

if you dont believe me they race tomorrow i dare you to go.....i will be at work because its more fun

Sounds a little harsh to me. Anyways you would think they would prep the track better for a race. And if motocross is less fun than work, I'll take whatever job you do seeing as I am still sitting here unable to ride on weekends.

Sometimes people build tracks without having riders of tons of different skills testing it, sometimes they need changed asap. It happens, they are local, not a track on the National circuit with professional designers who build national tracks (that I am aware of). We are also just getting through the hottest part of summer, dust happens, so does evaporation. At least they disced.

Wow you really dislike, did you talk to the owner with any suggestions?
We are also here and staying here to race tomorrow and I would disagree on a couple of points because having been here a number of times before I think the owner is trying to make some changes (but we may not always like them but I give him credit for trying)
In the past they had a dirt start with a stop light...awful. Well they actually put in these concrete pads and gates and built some nice fences around the track, this is a huge improvement.
I would agree that it was dusty tonight but if you talked to the owner they were trying to avoid the over watering in case it would rain tonight, it can get rather mucky. It was a two hour practice so why disc, they will get it nice in the morning for the race.
For anyone who raced last year, they have changed the track ALOT and I don't mean a couple turns. They made it longer brought our hill jump back and yes they did put in one 125 foot knarly jump, which needed some tweaking, but they did work on it. This jump isnt for the faint of heart and maybe it will intimidate some, but for many they like the challenge of new jumps. For our better riders they always need new challenges and this jump will for sure be one of them.
I like my job to but man I would rather be at any track than at work, I think you always need to give a couple of trys before you throw in the towel :)

This is a funny thread already. I'd talk to the owners about improvements. The people are obviously trying to earn a living at what they're doing, so I'm sure they aren't trying to have it suck on purpose. Just let them know what needs attention. There isn't a book of instruction about running dirt bike tracks-- it's a learn as you go process.

I wanna hear more about that illicit movie showing drive-in theatre track actually. I'm waiting for somebody to incorporate a strip club into an MX track as entertainment while you wait all day for your race to happen. In Columbus-- they have laundromat/tanning salons, and Lady Jane's has stripper/hair stylists... I think the time has come for a strip club/MX track. --L*64

That 125 ft jump is a death trap....... i jump every jump at every track I go to but I'll leave that one for the people who like helicopter rides and the sayin a day at the track is better than a day at the office held true for me til yesterday yes the starting gate is very nice but after it drops everything goes downhill from there

I remember a few years ago, the last time Big Game made major changes to the track. There were problems, they fixed them, and the track ended up being epic. Same growing pains this time, I'm sure. Just because you can't jump everything on the track doesn't mean the rest of the crowd won't like it. Constructive criticism to the right people helps. Bashing anonymously on an internet board does no one any good. If a few people show up today and tell them that things aren't safe, it will change.

I"m also of the opinion that crashes and "helicopter rides" happen when riders ride over their heads. Everyone has to ride the same track, and figure out how not to crash on it.

First off, did you speak with the owner in a "calm voice", or just start spouting off. You never know what is going on with equipment, workers(or lack of). There are so many varibles that have to be considered to have a "perfectly" groomed Track. Just my $.02 but giving the times and the state of the economy we need to band together to save whats left of our sport, not just run home and post on the net, I hate this track

Run home and rant no I did it on my phone at the track anonymous not really I've never seen a 935 on another bike in all my years I just believe if you charge money your place should be prepared and if Friday was a see how it works session then you should let the consumer know

I was there yesterday to race. I will never be back and this guy is right. It was a complete dustbowl. I said screw it my second moto many people just went home before their second moto. At the faces of the jumps there was anywhere from 3-6 in of powder and the 120ft double if you didn't do it was over a foot of powder going up the.landing. No one at all did the 120 jump second moto. I am just very dissatisfied with this track.

My wife and son kept giving me updates from the track. The statement of a dustbowl appears correct. My son claimed while walking the track he was kicking dust from the jump faces (not a good sign before racing starts). Big Game has huge potential and since it's 5 minutes from my house I'd like to see it hold more races and be successful. They did however turn in their 2 day wrist bands, and didn't run the second moto as my son said he couldn't see for the dust. The not watering because they thought it would rain is correct, as my wife asked the track people why they hadn't. Here's what I don't get...... I dug an 8" trench on Thursday for underground cable. It was dry dry dry dry the entire 8 inches down. We have has 2 months of little permeating water. So if they had watered, and it rained, the water would still not have gotten deep enough to make it tacky. Disc it, turn it over and it would be fine for a while at least. To not water and hope for rain.. well. Hopefully it's better today, and they can turn it into a first class track. We need tracks to ride on, not close down. I'm sure they realize the mistakes, and hopefully get it right.

It appears the track owners need a better understanding of MX and the conditions acceptable to race in. Just this spring they cancelled because of "mud" and the threat of rain? We went to the track on race day and the conditions were PERFECT!!! and there was no rain that day!...you can read more about it here http://www.pitracer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?3214-Cancellation ... So to hear of "dust" problems it does not suprise me.

Back