worst track ever

935 is a very good rider. He's like similar to a Jon16 pro practicer. If he's calling out a bad track then there had to be some serious issues. He's not one to complain, as i'm sure most of you realize as he's not on here every week antaganizing track owners. As far as being anonymous, you've probably seen him before at the track.

We have the best promoters around. I think pitracer is a blessing to them so they can see feedback on their track. Feedback is how Dirtworld and other tracks dial it in so it's premo for you everytime. People gripe that Mike cancels alot, but he cancel so you don't have threads like this, because he knows when his dirt is ridable and when he needs to grit his teeth and bag it.

wow, looks like the layout makes it difficult to water. They must use hoses/sprinkler system for the back part.

sounds like you fools need to sell ur bikes n buy tennis rackets ....every track is good ther suposed to be that way!

Thanks for the kind words george... yeah it was bad I was basically warning the Mx public to not waste their time or money or well being for that matter that's all

I was there and after racing for 35 years, it was about as bad as it gets. Sorry, but 80's style jumps went out with the 80's. Dust was so bad, I had trouble seeing in the first moto and I was leading the 40/50 class. Dust and silt was so thick at some of the jumps, if you got off the main line, it was a foot deep of powder! I nearly got stuck once in the 1st moto because I chose a different line.

It was really bad, and if this is how people respond to an obviosly "dangerous " track, I will not be back to another CRA race. The CRA should be held responsible to have conditions that bad. For what it is worth, I think I will pass on the Grand Prix at TV Land, as I don't want to race in those conditions EVER AGAIN. My boy was in Jr, mini, and he didn't want to ride because it was unsafe. SO he carded two DNFS in JR mini. Pretty bad when a kid doesn't want to race!!

Talking to the promoter? I couldn't find him to talk to. Probably in a piece of equipment all day, but he created one hell of a mess. After winning, I even told the scorers and flaggers how much of a sucky track they had. I just did the second moto to get my shirt. Nothing more, and I just went fast enough to win. I thought the AMA didn't care about the racers in District 6. Giosh, compared to the promoters in the CRA, they treat us like gold in the AMA!

I had raced Big Game before, twice as a matter of fact. I don't know if they changed ownership or what, but man, it went to a great track (2010) to a very bad track. Never again, and unfortunatly, I think all the CRA tracks will suffer, as I think I will never be to another. I can drive 15 minutes and ride dust. I won't drive 3+ hours to a place that I have no friends at again to ride in the worst MX conditions posible. BAD PROMOTER, ONE OF THE WORST, AND the worst in reCENT MEMORY as far as I was concerned.

That 125 ft jump is a death trap....... i jump every jump at every track I go to but I'll leave that one for the people who like helicopter rides and the sayin a day at the track is better than a day at the office held true for me til yesterday yes the starting gate is very nice but after it drops everything goes downhill from there
How about it. I might have atempted it, but it had a foot of silt on it from the bottom to the top. If you landed wrong, it would be like landing in dry sugar sand. That thing was really a death trap. Luckily, they had very few accidents that required medical attention, but hell, if you were not leading, you couldn't see to go fast! Hell I couldn't see sometimes and I was leading! I pitty the guy that was in 10 th or so.

OIR is a well groomed ans excellent layout with space and not a flat man made track and dust is well maintained. there is no reason they are not CRA, there are trying hard to keep it a good track, be there on the 28th pro day, CRA point you dont need for one week.

Wow you really dislike, did you talk to the owner with any suggestions?
We are also here and staying here to race tomorrow and I would disagree on a couple of points because having been here a number of times before I think the owner is trying to make some changes (but we may not always like them but I give him credit for trying)
In the past they had a dirt start with a stop light...awful. Well they actually put in these concrete pads and gates and built some nice fences around the track, this is a huge improvement.
I would agree that it was dusty tonight but if you talked to the owner they were trying to avoid the over watering in case it would rain tonight, it can get rather mucky. It was a two hour practice so why disc, they will get it nice in the morning for the race.
For anyone who raced last year, they have changed the track ALOT and I don't mean a couple turns. They made it longer brought our hill jump back and yes they did put in one 125 foot knarly jump, which needed some tweaking, but they did work on it. This jump isnt for the faint of heart and maybe it will intimidate some, but for many they like the challenge of new jumps. For our better riders they always need new challenges and this jump will for sure be one of them.
I like my job to but man I would rather be at any track than at work, I think you always need to give a couple of trys before you throw in the towel :)

I BELIEVE YOU WOULD THROW THE TOWEL IN TOO! I know you said you were their, but everyone else: You had to be their to see how bad it was........

What is really funny...Is I remember when 330 wanted in the cra.....I believe they came out and looked at the track and equipment to vote on the track to let it in "the cra" hahahaha Then they give them one race...Or oir is out....Dirt world is by far one of the Best prepped tracks around....Maybe one day they could vote on dirt world...If that vid is Big Game....Anyone can be in the CRA..That was not good.Maybe they should rethink who is in the cra.

Never been to this track, and probably never will, too far for me, but sounds alot like Shoaf Raceway in Uniontown, PA or Rocky Ridge Raceway, in Imperial, PA. Both are long gone now, but back in the late '70's and early 80's the conditions were about the same as what your explaining here. Raced many, many races like that, Sucks, but if you wanted to race, you put up with it. Complain about the dust, and they over water it and not disc, or under water it and dust again in three laps. Jumps shaped wrong, all kinds of stuff like that. At least it was the same for everybody though.

I BELIEVE YOU WOULD THROW THE TOWEL IN TOO! I know you said you were their, but everyone else: You had to be their to see how bad it was........

My post was from friday night after practice because I am the forever optimist thinking they were going to throw the 20 plus piles of mulch dirt that were laying strategically around the track...back on the track, water and disc, HOWEVER, that didn't happen. I do think he was trying to make some changes but I completely agree with you all because it was a complete dust bowl....worst ever. And you are right 907 i might have known you were in my moto but I was behind you covered with dust and couldn't see a thing so I packed it up myself. My son attempted the big jump 2x and then said it was sooo dusty that the jump just wasn't safe plus the landing had about 10 inches of dust so if you landed wrong you were done. I would love it if Big GAME would see this thread and make some serious changes because I think the track does have potential. I just truly hate bashing people, its not in my blood. I threw in the towel saturday but i would definitely give them another try if they make the necessary changes for rider safety, because the track wasn't safe and that is most important!

Mxmom being optimistic is a good way to be but I have found that being realistic works better.... realistically no matter what he tried he was to unprepared to fix the issues before raceday

I am all for giving the promoters slack when they have a bad day. In this economy, it seems unfair to them to bash and to try to affect their turnout, without speaking to them simply based on one experience.

That said, it would appear someone didn't get a clue this weekend, and the OP was right. It's too bad, because Big Game had good dirt, not sure what happened. If I had driven like 907, I'd have been extremely let down.

907, it shouldn't be held against TV Land, each track is run by separate promoters, and people report having some of the best times there at the GP. But driving your distance, I can see your reasoning. I'm driving in from NJ later this month, and bringing my bike to do some riding at the tracks there. I'm confident enough in the places I'm going to make that haul, and TV is one of them. Trevor works hard to make sure you have a good time, and enough riding time.

It was really bad, and if this is how people respond to an obviosly "dangerous " track, I will not be back to another CRA race. The CRA should be held responsible to have conditions that bad. For what it is worth, I think I will pass on the Grand Prix at TV Land, as I don't want to race in those conditions EVER AGAIN. My boy was in Jr, mini, and he didn't want to ride because it was unsafe. SO he carded two DNFS in JR mini. Pretty bad when a kid doesn't want to race!!

Please don't beleive this is how all CRA tracks are operated. I don't know why or what exactly led to the poor track prep last weekend but I can assure you there will be quality conditions at TV Land this weekend for the GP and again the following weekend for the MX. I have NO affiliation with this track other than also belonging to the CRA.
This weekends GP will be pretty fun so if you decide to pass on it because of a completly seperate tracks prep you could really be missing a good time.
I'm sure these points will be addressed at our next CRA meeting and some quality control requests put into place.
The CRA does strive to produce a quality racing enviornment for everyone to enjoy.
Sometimes the earth is tough to shape and maintain and it just proves how hard some promoters do work when you get to a race in mid summer and you don't have any issues or complaints and the track is great.
Trevor

I'm one of the track guys at Amherst Meadowlarks. Trevor hit the nail on the head, we deal with so many varibles, specially the weather. I work for hrs on the track and it's pot luck every race. We get criticized for starting late because it rained the night before and the conditions are brutal for the smaller bikes. We get criticized for not enough water, ruts are too deep, faces of the jumps or landings are not perfect. It's very difficult to keep the same track condition every single race. If we were dealing with nothing by big bikes, the game would be totally different. I think I speak for all the track personal, nothing is better than having people come up to us and tell us that the track is awesome! For me, I don't get paid to do it, so the compliments are my only pay!

Charlie

Every track is entitled to misjudge the weather or make mistakes. No track will please everyone. people will always complain, no matter what. Sometimes criticism is deserved. Sometimes it is not. I think most riders understand the difficult job of prepping a track while trying to forecast the weather. We get it.

The big problem I see is that unlike many of the promoters who frequent this website, communicate with riders, who explain their errors, who acknowlege complaints and constructive critism, and assure riders that problems or mistakes are being addressed, Big Game does not put much engery into public relations, which comes across as being indifferent, leading people to assume that they don't see any problems, and that future events will be handled the same. I think most riders are willing to give a promoter another chance if they believe the promoter wants to fix it, and improvements are being made, but silence is not very convincing of that.

I am not sure HOW.....ONE bad "practice" day at ONE track turned into a CRA SLAM FEST!! Seems to me if the rider in your family does NOT like a track....then dont go...punishing EVERY promoter in CRA for one persons actions seems a little over kill to me...what does Trevors GP have ANYTHING to do with it?? I for one believe in Ohio motorcross and CRA and am gratefull my son , my husband and I all still have places to go rip it up and spend some family time together.....Not every weekend is gonna go great for US....It's called LIFE!! Every second of every day is about CHOICES!! and not every choice you make is gonna please EVERYBODY EVER! Track promoters need input, good or bad to improve....but sometimes its NOT the message it's the delivery of the message .....just sayin :eek:)

Back