How a LL title was lost 30+ b/c 1-1-dnf video

bruceb

PR Addict
Here is a helmet cam video from CJ Talarski's 3rd moto at Loretta's. It turns ugly around the 2:10 mark.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i70kTR5Bcpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bruce

At 2:20 you see Rich Silvers ride over his bike!

Second year in a row the Vet B class had a rider go 1-1-DNF.

Where in the hell are the flaggers?

According to Robin, they were flagging like crazy but the bike was in a dip where you couldn't see it until you were on top of it.

I was there all week watching but left before this moto, trust me there is no problem with the flagging at LL.

The guy that changed lines halfway over that tabletop was obviously more of the "c" rider than the "b" rider. What a tough break....

I ran directly over that bike too, and what you can't tell from the video is that the middle of the track on that straight was deep and muddy while the outside and inside were dry and packed down. The guy on the inside and slightly ahead was trying to get to the packed down area of the track and they hit in the air off of one of the jumps sending the guy with a 1 - 1 down to the matt and leaving his bike in the worst place possible, in the dip after a single that you could not see until you were going off the jump. The commotion was on the side of the track where the guy was standing with the medical crew and no indication that the bike was there until you left the jump.......... I must have run over it when he was facing the other way with the camera........

The flaggers were flagging and you could see the guy off the side of the track with the yellow quads / side by sides by him and figured he was off the track.......... then BAM, you are looking at a bike in the middle of the track that you can't see until you take off the jump......... Pin it, wheelie and hope for the best to get over the bike and keep going. Rich Silvers and I both ran directly over it and talked about it on the way home.......... it was right there with no way to avoid it.

I'd like to see what happened in the pits after the race was over haha. That guys bike was mangled, he didnt seem to happy.

All I remember thinking was don't hit the pegs or the handle bars and luckly that is what happen. Scary moment for everyone coming over that roller and seeing a bike laying in the main line.

That was one of the worst places to go down. There was no way of seeing his bike until you were on top of that roller. I agree that the flaggers did not get there quick enough to push everyone to the otherside of the track. 2:34 you can see the flagger on the opposite side of the track waving his flag. That flagger never waved the flag until 2:34, then he switches to a red cross flag. Diffently a bad spot to go down on the first lap.

This class was one of the worst classes I have ever riden in on aggressive passing/hitting and taking lines from each other.

Funny you say that NOWA, because on the ride home I was telling Kari that I don't think I want to race 30 B/C down there because it's so crazy! I'd rather just race 35 or 40 and get lapped by an ex pro!

Here is a photo from vital:
cjloretta.jpg

And the damage:
The text he sent said subframe broke in half, frame cracked, footpeg broke off, exhaust, radiators, bars, shock and forks were destroyed. The real kicker is, he bought the bike two weeks ago.
(posted by his friend at vitalmx.com

“That guy” …..# 75 went on to a 9<SUP>th</SUP> place overall......with a 18 - 7- 10

No matter what position he placed...definately a "c" class move. he might have ridden like a "b" rider the entire week....but at that moment...a bit of "c" class ridin impaired his judgement.

I can understand the frustration of the guy that went down after going 1-1...But that is racing, **** happens. From what I see, the flaggers in no way could have even got out on the jump. It was the first lap and everyone was coming through. I had a similar thing happen about 20 years ago on the back side of a double. Someone jump crossways across the double right into me, and we went down. Bikes on the back side of the jump there to be run over and hit. Lucky for me there was only like a dozen or so bikes, and not 42 on the track.

Back