"New" RM250?

I thought it's been on the site but what do I know. I want all the companies to keep making two strokes but if they are just gonna sell the same model from 5 or 6 years ago then I think it's not all that good a thing

Motocross Action magazine has an article on the trends of where the sport is going.
They talk a lot about factory contracts (or lack of), salary reductions and stopping contingency programs all because "bikes sales are no longer there to support it".

When clicking on the bike it shows the 2008 model, but heck I'd buy one if it showed up in a dealer!

There used to be one at Rousch in Medina. It was hanging upside down from the ceiling as a Pastrana backflip prop. Don't know if it is still there but...

It's still there, it's a 2006 model. I've already talked to them about buying it.....they are wavering about selling it.

I read that same thing im MXA. It would not surprise me one bit if they came back withing the next 3-5 years.

I'm thinking...aluminum frame, fuel injected, hydraulic clutch, performance exhaust, cutting edge suspension and turning.
oh well....I can dream cant I?

ktm 150.. retail 6300. I paid less than that for my new 450 just a couple of years ago.

Add on the normal increase of prices every year.. plus cost if they did add the hydraulic clutch (well for other brands beside ktm), and FI, etc and a new cutting edge 2 stroke will cost just as much as the 4 strokes cost now that everyones complaining about..

lets face it..the days of affordable new bikes are gone.

I'll never buy a brand new bike. I would love to but come on, 8000 for a new bike. I would love to know what the cost is to build one. I mean the what it cost ktm or any company. Probably 2000 if even that.

I hope two stokes come back but I don't see it happening maybe until the other companies get back into it with some new exciting product like ktm has done to get more interest.

That '07 in Michigan sounds like a great deal with the extra wheels and all. I dont think the 2 strokes will be coming back. Too many EPA regulations.

its so funny this post came up, cause i'm going to look at an 03 rm250 tonight if its nice im gonna trade my 07kx450 that i just put a but load of money rebuilding. I'm done with 4 strokes. i rode an 04 kx250 last night at the cabin and had so much frigging fun on it. i would love for two strokes to come back.

That '07 in Michigan sounds like a great deal with the extra wheels and all. I dont think the 2 strokes will be coming back. Too many EPA regulations.

I talked to the guy with the '07 in Michigan a few days ago. I might go look at it, but would really like to find a newer, cleaner one (closer than Denver).

I'll never buy a brand new bike. I would love to but come on, 8000 for a new bike. I would love to know what the cost is to build one. I mean the what it cost ktm or any company. Probably 2000 if even that.

I hope two stokes come back but I don't see it happening maybe until the other companies get back into it with some new exciting product like ktm has done to get more interest.
I read an article in a magazine a couple years back 2008 2009 maybe. About KTM the factory and in that article they claimed that KTM lost about 2K on every BIG BIKE they sold? Never looked at the sheets myself but they do have a quality machine and that costs $$$. So that was the claim in the article. I guess that may not be too far fetched as many companies operate in the red" IE. "Amazon", as long as the STOCK in that company is doing OK there is money to be made. and then there are parts to be sold later.

I highly doubt they are losing 2 grand on every bike........they would not be in business long at that pace.

I read the same thing about KTM losing 2K on 450`s. Bugatti spends 1 million on every one of their cars but only sells them for 450K.

I never thought they would ever come back honestly. Ive changed my view on that though. If sales are down. Its either find a way to keep the sport alive and sell bikes or watch it die. You see the cuts they made this year. So what does that tell you? I love the sport. But anything over 5 is just insane for what you get out of the machine. Just my 2 cents though. My next bike will most likely be a 2 stroke. Like pit id prefer to get a newer one though!

Back