"New" RM250?

I highly doubt they are losing 2 grand on every bike........they would not be in business long at that pace.

Well if it's true, they're still in business. Maybe its kinda like Printers these days. Used to be $300 - $600 for a good DOT MATRIX Color Printer. Now you can get an all in one machine for under $100. That's probably not much over cost, but the money is in the Ink you buy later at 30 clams regularly. And if I'm not mistaken I believe KTM parts seem to be a tad on the high side. But I agree 2K seem's a bit excessive, but that is what the article claimed. That would be quite a few parts to catch up on.

i can believe it.. lol.. fuel pump for a 350 = $500... they will make up that 2k quick..

yes i know the 450 is not injected and has no fuel pump.. but id assume if they are losing 2k on a 450 they arent doing so well with any of the other big bikes either.

2k seems kinda high though. who knows.

Yeah, there is no way they are losing 2K on a 8K bike.......If the cost of the bike was a lot more, than I could see that. Harley Davidson would be one company that could survive with this philosophy. Lose on the bike, and make it up in HD parts, accessories, and clothing. KTM would never make the money back on KTM hardparts. Too many people buy the accessories from companies other than KTM.

Motocross Action magazine has an article on the trends of where the sport is going.
They talk a lot about factory contracts (or lack of), salary reductions and stopping contingency programs all because "bikes sales are no longer there to support it".

of course bike sales are down who wants to pay 8300 for a dirtbike! they made sure to cut there own throats with that kinda inflation

Back