Red Bud Vet National Role call

Yep, We got some rain trashed the track then the Blue skyes came whe the races were over. 4 classes for me.

A ton of Redbud stories for sure.. 2 stroke battles of death to Steaks and corn cookin up for VETFEST.

Awsome racing, Awsome products given away. Rocket won so much stuff they renamed the event, "Rocketbud"

Oh, I smmmmmOOOOOKED WIllsone83. See you next year!....

not sure what the content level was but you could smell it coming out of him after practice. WD-40 hot dogs and beer with the Hudaks will do that to a person!

What was up with all the DNFs and DNSs?

There were 18 moto's, I was 11th & 15th. By the 14th moto of the first round it started raining. I raced my moto (15th) in the rain and knew I was done after that. It poured and never stopped. Only the diehards (not me) stayed and raced in the rain and mud.

I am uploading my helmet cam video now.... I had the 1st moto (25+c) good starts in both motos however this was my first time racing at red bud and I was not charging the corners like I should, alsp having some issues with line choices, and the table top before the leap. Second moto I was doing good in the mud but hit a slippery patch in between the double and triple landing on the leap that sent me virtually sideways towards the fence..... my rear brake lever got caught in the fence and after that went my overall. Video is from my first moto.

Hate to say it, but if if you look in the results for the 30C 35C and 40C, a few southwest ohio District 11 guys did well. They are NOT C riders though.......If I had gone, I would have signed up for B class!

They were having tons of scoring issues, i actually stopped on the finishline table top and shouted my number! BTW i was the bald guy waving the white towel before the ski-jump to the bike #'s I knew. What a great weekend and can't believe people would drive that far and not ride 2nd motos

First ride since breaking both my arms, been off the bike 3 months. I figured 7 practice sessions, 1 practice friday am and one dry moto were enough for me ! Others, well I dont know !

I am all for buying a transponder and giving them our number at sign up at all races. How much easier would that be for the tracks. We would just have to make the investment to race.

Back