Favorite Moto Memories...

MX315

PR Addict
With all the topics running tensions high...and labor day coming up..WHat is your FAVORITE Moto Memories...I have met all the riders..Mc,Rc,emig,henry,windham,bradshaw..All of them.been to lots of races...But by far the BEST memorie is WATCHING WINDHAM do that transfer at the LAS VEGAS supercross...It was that SICK LIVE....What yours.....

Oh one more....When Rc rode that sick ass pro circuit 125 at Steel City that was sick also.

Watching Ward, Lechien, Barnett, and O'mara frieght train around High Point in the 125 Nationals in '84, and watching the last 500 national at Steel City in '93.

Funniest: Watching Ron Lechien take a victory lap at Kenworthy's, stuffing beers into his jersey when the fans were offering them (1988).

Seeing Jeff Emig sitting on the line in all black gear during a 100+ degree day (1997). He had the race won before the gate dropped.

Going camping/partying at the High Point, Steel City and Troy nationals with all my bud's back in the 90's....and for sure seeing Carmichael at his first race ever at Steel City when he pulled a crazy whip over that big double in the back area.

Sorry...forgot to metion the feeling I got at my first ever supercross...saw McGrath and the boys back in 94' at Pontiac...there was just something about when you walked into the Superdome thru those vacuum/wind suckin' doors and looked down the stands at the track for the first time... that's when the track used to come up into the stands too

3 years ago at high point me and my buddies snuck in the racerx lounge when no one was in there and took the sign off the door and locked it, we sat in there all day by ourselves in the air conditioning and watched both motos.

Sorry...forgot to metion the feeling I got at my first ever supercross...saw McGrath and the boys back in 94' at Pontiac...there was just something about when you walked into the Superdome thru those vacuum/wind suckin' doors and looked down the stands at the track for the first time... that's when the track used to come up into the stands too
I was there that year..I was 7. I remember exactly as you describe the vacuum and such.. Very awesome!

Oh yeah forgot....The year of the riot at highpoint in the motor home that was so sweet....That whole year the party seen at nats was unreal.......UNREAL...We had a tits army going at RED BUUUUUB....500 guys follow our leader with the giant flash light like a light saber across the sky...tits tits tits ..If you had them it was over....Man I miss camping at the nats...GOOD TIMES

I was there that year..I was 7. I remember exactly as you describe the vacuum and such.. Very awesome!

That is funny! I can't remember what year it was, but I remember the vacuum also. When you walked in the front door you felt like you were falling into the track. I think I was 10 or so? I was not going to comment on this thread because I could not think of a first moto memory... Well, now I got one!

Gotta love the internet! Here is my favorite moto memory. Oh, and I was 16 for you bean counters.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xTazt_wzovE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WWell I can't just have one, but here are a couple that stick. Buffalo NY in 86 or 84 Not sure the exact year. They had this flippin jump in the middle all alone with a largeness I had never seen before. "Coca Cola Catapult" was the name. Seeing these guys Ward, Glover, Bailey and a slew of others hit that thing and get so high and so far then flat land like it was nothing.
then there was the years I got to see Steel City and High Point.
the name Jason Upshaw has a place in my memories too. That kid had one of the wildest getoffs I have witnessed. He was free riding before we knew what it was. Lol
oh an of course there's the guy we all call the "GOAT"...

Oh and the first time I heard the name Brod Hepler. Mapleshade MONSOON RACE!!!! Lol it ended up one Moto of swimming and motocross. Lol

First ever race. Having Erik dressed with his knee pads on the outside of his pants, huge elbow pads, and a Honda 50 that stayed in 2nd gear. That day was awesome. Oh how much we've learned since then, especially the knee pad thing.

i would rather listen to that goober announcer than ralph retard sheheen.he better not be back this year in supercross.

i would rather listen to that goober announcer than ralph retard sheheen.he better not be back this year in supercross.
he will be. You know he thinks he is a supercross guru. Well they can get rid of erin too and bring back jamie little!!!

Oh and another Moto memory is of Ryan hughes pushing his bike to finish the steel city race. I was right there and it was inspiring for sure!!!!!

When I was just starting (I was 10 and an 80cc was my first bike) I was out at WRMC practicing and I had been staring at and rolling this one double for hours. Maybe it was 20 feet but it looked huge to me and I had never done a double. When I finally sacked up and hit it I looked back toward the truck where my dad was running a weed eater. The weed eater was on the ground and dad was jumping up and down with his hands in the air.

MMan first moments of my racing are lasting for sure! I remembering when I was 7 on my Suzuki jr50 paddling my feet through the mud at harbor woods in PA. Barely making a lap but smiling the whole way! Memories of riding with my dad. That's the best ones!!!!

Back