Anyone have an older set of bent Tag bars?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I have a perfect set of 2 year old Tag Metals bars on my bike, but the hardware that holds the cross bar to the crossbar clamps vibrated out, and somehow Tag can't get it anymore. What I really need are the round nuts that go on the back of the bar clamps. I can't just go to the hardware store to find something, b/c the nuts are completely round, as opposed to hexagonal shaped. The allen bolts are no problem-- it's the nuts that are specific.

I was hoping somebody would have a thrashed set of bars that I could get those round nuts out of. Sucks when the manufacturer can't get parts for it's own product, and won't warranty my bars with a new set. --L*64

YZ-- Yes please check. I need two of those round nuts. Thanks.

Half Pint-- I guess I could do that, but I have some thrashed bars myself. I'd prolly try and take the clamps off the cross bar of the bent ones I have, and try to use those clamps with the Tag cross bar. I wont use Tag anymore after they wouldn't warranty the bars I have. --L*64

Looks like the neighbors have a set of Renthal bars with a round nut/insert. Unfortunately I think they might save them for they did not look too far bent. You might check if this will work and if so could make your search easier. ???

Tony I have some crossbar clamps you can have. I bent a set of bars years ago and took the crossbar clamps off and tossed them in the toolbox. They have those round nuts on them.

Thanks! If Pits' don't fit-- I'll hit ya up for yours Jim. Thanks. Can you bring 'em Monday John? How'd ya like the tank, M-F-er! Haha!

Got 'em-- Thanks for the help! Any ideas about how to get them out of the clamps now? I was going to put a screw in, and then tap on the head with a hammer, but I don't want to tear up the threads. Ya think heating up the clamps would help? --L*64

Back