Anyone have an older set of bent Tag bars?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I have a perfect set of 2 year old Tag Metals bars on my bike, but the hardware that holds the cross bar to the crossbar clamps vibrated out, and somehow Tag can't get it anymore. What I really need are the round nuts that go on the back of the bar clamps. I can't just go to the hardware store to find something, b/c the nuts are completely round, as opposed to hexagonal shaped. The allen bolts are no problem-- it's the nuts that are specific.

I was hoping somebody would have a thrashed set of bars that I could get those round nuts out of. Sucks when the manufacturer can't get parts for it's own product, and won't warranty my bars with a new set. --L*64

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
YZ-- Yes please check. I need two of those round nuts. Thanks.

Half Pint-- I guess I could do that, but I have some thrashed bars myself. I'd prolly try and take the clamps off the cross bar of the bent ones I have, and try to use those clamps with the Tag cross bar. I wont use Tag anymore after they wouldn't warranty the bars I have. --L*64

YZ125

PR Addict
Looks like the neighbors have a set of Renthal bars with a round nut/insert. Unfortunately I think they might save them for they did not look too far bent. You might check if this will work and if so could make your search easier. ???

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Tony I have some crossbar clamps you can have. I bent a set of bars years ago and took the crossbar clamps off and tossed them in the toolbox. They have those round nuts on them.

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Thanks! If Pits' don't fit-- I'll hit ya up for yours Jim. Thanks. Can you bring 'em Monday John? How'd ya like the tank, M-F-er! Haha!

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Got 'em-- Thanks for the help! Any ideas about how to get them out of the clamps now? I was going to put a screw in, and then tap on the head with a hammer, but I don't want to tear up the threads. Ya think heating up the clamps would help? --L*64