Smith Road Year End Finale

Buy the way, I try to give everyone the big flag finish, if they give me something to flag, like a wheelie, roosting, or even trying to take me out. I love all those scenario's.

Rizzz, I think I did all three of those things in th e 1st sr 2 class on my 125.....Sorry for the close call! We were racing for Dairy Queen Blizzards!

Wow, I didn't realize how tall the stakes were in that race, a DQ Blizzard. Well worth a man's life.... lol. Good stuff. So did you think 591 beat you? I couldn't tell, the scorers said he did. You did a nice job over those tires, glad geo didn't use any with rims still in em.....

we got it on video, looks like i had em by a wheel but....

2 lappers in final 2 corners, go figure.
where was the blue flags????

Well....It will not ever be the same racing Smith Rd. without you there!
I was trying to stay ahead of Hershey not worrying about anyone but the DQ challenge contestants!
I went a little wide as you know!

we got it on video, looks like i had em by a wheel but....

2 lappers in final 2 corners, go figure.
where was the blue flags????

I was going for the Ryan Villipoto, Steel City finish..
Can you post the video? or e mail it.

MMMmmm.... What flavor you guys get? The biggest one too I hope. It just wasn't their day I guess. Like we say in C-Town regarding the Browns-- there's always next year. --L*64

I was doing some volunteer work (= in the way) flagging and after watching the trike almost take Riz out...a few motos later ....Michael Plas almost ran me down when he thought it was the checkers and went straight toward me rather than making a right toward the whoops since it was the white flag lap!..I was jumping around like my pants were on firfire to avoid that KTM!

100_2628.jpg

100_2629.jpg

100_2630.jpg

100_2631.jpg

100_2636.jpg

100_2637.jpg

100_2667.jpg

100_2682.jpg

100_2685.jpg

100_2686.jpg

100_2687.jpg

100_2688.jpg

Lots more pics at http://otc.myfastforum.org/about871.html

Not much of a responder on Pitrace but here is my 2 cents. My response about the starts is this. For those of you who have gone to Smith all year George was know for BIG berms in the corners. The last practice or two George had been preparing his equipment for auction and was NOT tilling the track deep like he usually does. This resulted in slick none bermed corners as we saw on Monday at the race. I think if he would have used his equipment we could have done the up and down hill section. His racing path was no where near as wide as it usually is because he was limited on what equipment he wanted to use. All the other races George keeps the starting area Tilled very deep throughout the day hence slows down first corner speeds. I did not see him till the start area one time on Monday thus the was a fast runway into the first corner if he did it was not with the big tiller. Again my observations and opinion only. I think you need to continue to till very deep allowing riders to create the large berms for practice. Turns are what wins motos and have a place that provides that type of corning practice is awesome.

These pics are the most I've seen George smile in 25 years... haha! I hope he's going to be OK in his retirement. Looks like he's looking forward to it in the pics.

I like the track tilled up somewhere in between where it was Monday, and where it usually is. If all the three and 4 wheelers ran first (or last), then the track'd have been disced up for the bikes-- I think that would do it up perfectly. Once ya have them out on a track-- it's like polished glass with butter for bikes. I hated when you'd be in your race-- and you'd come around the track and find that sombody had done some mid race discing and/or watering. I liked the start chute smooth as opposed to disced every few races. If they DO decide to keep it tilled in the future-- I think it'd be better to use a smaller till than what's been used in the past. Just my $.02. --L*64

Personally I hope they dont change a thing, even the messed up 6 pack.

The 6 pack takes skill to triple triple and most wont do it, the discing on practice days is why I go there when I do.

I vote no changes at all !

Back