Loretta Lynn's 2011 on TV Sunday 9/11

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

2011 Red Bull AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship to Air
on VERSUS Network This Sunday

RacerTV features two reality-based amateur motocross shows
Morgantown, W. Va. (September 7, 2011) - Red Bull's increased presence as title sponsor of the 2011 Red Bull AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship brought an additional opportunity for motorcycle enthusiasts around the country to relive six days of celebration, defeat, exhaustion, anxiety and pure joy as racers and their families put their all into conquering the most prestigious amateur motocross event in the world. Produced and created by the Red Bull Media House and televised on the VERSUS Network this Sunday, September 11, The Road to Loretta's: The Finale will air at 4 p.m. EST and The Heart of Motocross will follow at 4:30 p.m. as part of the 52-week RacerTV package presented by Can-Am, Suzuki, Amsoil and DWT.

The Road to Loretta's - The Finale is part of the Red Bull Media House's ten-show series that follows a group of the sport's most accomplished amateur racers through the three-step process that makes up the AMA Amateur Motocross National Championship. Beginning with Area Qualifiers and Regional Championships, episodes 1-9 display the grueling process riders go through in order to advance to the National event, from Adam Cianciarulo's winning success to Dakota Alix's dream shattering injury. Episode ten, "The Finale," depicts the final step in the journey to the National, highlighting racers on and off the track at the Loretta Lynn National.

"When we got the call from Red Bull Media House to produce this show, we were in absolute awe," states Wes Williams, executive producer of Vurb Media Group. "No one has ever given amateur motocross this kind of attention and put it in the limelight in the way they anticipated. In one summer, Red Bull has taken amateur motocross to the next level by simply believing in it, and its following, and I can't thank them and MX Sports enough."

Part two of RacerTV's special edition is The Heart of Motocross, produced by the Adamitis TV crew, widely known for motocross documentaries like The Great Outdoors and The Moto: Inside the Outdoors. The crew follows racers and their families through the success, heartbreak, defeat and determination that make up the amateur motocross lifestyle. The Heart of Motocross sheds light on the family dynamics that surround a racer in his or her journey through the amateur ranks.

"We went to Loretta's to try and find the roots of the sport, to learn where the top racers got started," said Producer Troy Adamitis. "The show isn't about who won or the racing - per say, it's more about the family and their sacrifices and kind of an insight to who these people are and why they do it. I think the most powerful thing we found was that these parents have no regrets; they will do anything for their children."
This year's RacerTV coverage includes: (31) episodes of GNCC Racing, featuring flag-to-flag coverage of (13) pro bike and (13) pro ATV rounds, and (5) additional episodes featuring utility, women and side-by-side classes; (11) episodes of pro ATVMX, including (7) episodes of the popular ATV 24/7 docudrama show and (4) episodes of flag-to-flag coverage; (2) episodes from the Red Bull AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship at Loretta Lynn Ranch, highlighting youth and amateur racing; and (8) episodes of ISOC Snocross racing.

The 2012 Red Bull AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship will take place Sunday, July 29 - Saturday, August 4 at the Loretta Lynn Ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tenn. For more information, visit the series website at www.mxsports.com.

How bout Brunswick native, Josh Lord, 2nd overall at LL in 2011 in the 4-6 Stock Driveshaft, on board a PW50, squatting down and scratching his leg. Happens @ 1min 10 sec mark in this video.

Also the new season of "The Moto" on fuel comes on after the Pala race for those that watch.

Anyone catch this show? I completely forgot about it.....

If you didn't understand MX families, and the closeness after watching this (non MX peeps) then there's something wrong with you. I got chills just watching it, and we weren't there. Nice shot of Jeremy Hand in there with his Daddy. Some good footage and a nice job covering the entire process. Felt bad for the kid on the 2003 Kawi, but I guess that's racing. Dakota Alix's wreck looked nasty. Imagine looking down and seeing someone caught around your rear tire.

That was pretty cool. The kid with the 03 kX 250 is from this area. Never heard of him before but they said his dad works at beaver excavating. That's literally 5 minutes up the road from me. Even noticed the mx153 logo on his shrouds. That was sweet. Felt bad for him. Wish the show was longer.

they were saying that most kids in the 250 class have a 8 thousand dollar bike and put another 8 thousand into it. also they come in 200 thousand dollar mobile homes and he had a 2003 bike that they payed a grand for and borrowed a rv and trailer to get there. not only that they kept the air conditioning off all summer to save money to go. he took a dnf in moto 1 because he blew up the engine. the track side support for kawasaki couldnt help because they didnt have those parts because the bike was so old.

the track side support for kawasaki couldnt help because they didnt have those parts because the bike was so old.

No surprise there. I was on a 2007 RMZ450 and while I didn't need any support, I figured they wouldn't have parts anyway.
The real stinker of this is Zman's kid Mitchy racing a Honda CRF50 in the shifter class. This class is basically entirely made up of CRF50's and they require a special tool to adjust the fuel mixture. Honda support onsite did not have this tool! How bogus is that? I had a really narrow pair of needle-nose that he ended up using.

most kids in the 250 class have a 8 thousand dollar bike and put another 8 thousand into it.

Really!!! I spit my supper out at that part. How do you put $8,000 into a bike. JMS motor work is about $3200, JH is between $1400-$2200, TH Racing $1,000 - 1800, 11/10mods for about $1300. So ball park average is $1800. Unless everything in the motor is ceramic, I don't see $8000. And what about stock bikes?? I have $139 in graphics, which means I saved $7, 861. Didn't get it, or I just don't understand modding bikes.

they were saying that most kids in the 250 class have a 8 thousand dollar bike and put another 8 thousand into it. also they come in 200 thousand dollar mobile homes and he had a 2003 bike that they payed a grand for and borrowed a rv and trailer to get there. not only that they kept the air conditioning off all summer to save money to go. he took a dnf in moto 1 because he blew up the engine. the track side support for kawasaki couldnt help because they didnt have those parts because the bike was so old.
this. and it was in 450C. and no offense to the rider, his chances of going back down in B are slim. or i should say its gonna be much tougher. so the kid had a once in a life time kind of deal going on and the bike blew up. the dad ended up getting parts over nighted it sounded like. and they showed kawi putting the bike back together. so maybe he got to race the last moto.
its just so interesting to hear stories like that.
just looked it up. he did get to race the last moto. earned a 33rd. and a sweet bib to hang in his room for the rest of his life. sweet.

this. and it was in 450C. and no offense to the rider, his chances of going back down in B are slim. or i should say its gonna be much tougher. so the kid had a once in a life time kind of deal going on and the bike blew up. the dad ended up getting parts over nighted it sounded like. and they showed kawi putting the bike back together. so maybe he got to race the last moto.
its just so interesting to hear stories like that.
just looked it up. he did get to race the last moto. earned a 33rd. and a sweet bib to hang in his room for the rest of his life. sweet.

His dad had to drive to the UPS terminal to pick up the parts to make sure they had them in time. Like he said, he was giving his kid his dream. Shame the bike blew right after the start. Glad he got it back together in the end.

I saw both shows and if you missed it you really missed put. The one that was done by the guy that does the moto series on fuel was amazing. One of the best documentaries or what ever you wanna call it I have ever seen. I could watc it five more times probably. The other one was also real good.

And yeah that kid had a 03 kx125 in the 450 c class. I wonder how he did second moto. I wish they had more of these shows coming out

Our son Ryan was the rider on the 2003 KX250 that was featured in the "Heart of Motocross" on Racer TV on Sunday. The week at Loretta Lynns was a very trying time for us and especially Ryan because after the bike was rebuilt, it locked up 2 1/2 laps into Moto 2. The interview with our family wasn't able to be used because of excessive noise from the generator outside of the motorhome, so we would like to acknowledge and thank some people for their help and support in making our trip as enjoyable as could be expected. Thanks to our sponsors and support programs; Kames, Kenda, Oneal Racing, Wiseco, Hardings, MX 153, & J. Michael Insurance. Also, we would like to thank Chuck Beamer, Jim Green and Parma Dave for their special attention in helping us prepare before our departure to Tennessee. We also would like to thank our friends the Flinner Family, Haas family, Pape family, Gus, Randi, Lexi, Ashlee and Alec for their help and morale support while at the track. Special thanks to Skip Blend and UPS for their assistance in tracking and locating the parts package so we could pick it up in time to fix the bike. Chuck is in the process of rebuilding the motor so we should be back at the track real soon.

This class is basically entirely made up of CRF50's and they require a special tool to adjust the fuel mixture. Honda support onsite did not have this tool! How bogus is that? I had a really narrow pair of needle-nose that he ended up using.

Anyone that knows Zman well, will laugh at the idea of Honda not having the special tool to adjust the fuel screw on the carb for the CRF 50. He's such a maniac about stuff that he was ready to throw in the towel right there, but his long time moto psychotherapist was there to talk him off the ledge, fix the carb with Pitracer's tools, and get his son's Honda back into tip top shape for the motos........... it's a full time job at Loretta Lynn's just keeping Zman in check and not going ballisticly off the wall about something minor........... and he's licensed to carry a gun, that's the scary part!

Our son Ryan was the rider on the 2003 KX250 that was featured in the "Heart of Motocross" on Racer TV on Sunday. The week at Loretta Lynns was a very trying time for us and especially Ryan because after the bike was rebuilt, it locked up 2 1/2 laps into Moto 2. The interview with our family wasn't able to be used because of excessive noise from the generator outside of the motorhome, so we would like to acknowledge and thank some people for their help and support in making our trip as enjoyable as could be expected. Thanks to our sponsors and support programs; Kames, Kenda, Oneal Racing, Wiseco, Hardings, MX 153, & J. Michael Insurance. Also, we would like to thank Chuck Beamer, Jim Green and Parma Dave for their special attention in helping us prepare before our departure to Tennessee. We also would like to thank our friends the Flinner Family, Haas family, Pape family, Gus, Randi, Lexi, Ashlee and Alec for their help and morale support while at the track. Special thanks to Skip Blend and UPS for their assistance in tracking and locating the parts package so we could pick it up in time to fix the bike. Chuck is in the process of rebuilding the motor so we should be back at the track real soon.

oh a kx 250 i thought it was a 125 my bad. I thought that was weird. But how did he finish in the last moto after the bike was fixed?

Back