new pit bike

smitty

PR Addict
through some sort of weird unscheduled road trip I ended up at the lorain county fairgrounds this weekend where there was an antique engine show,lots of old tractors and steam powered stuff and a big flea market,now I am in the market for another CT70 which there wer none but I found this little diamond in the rough,not running due to the piston being the victim of some severe spark knock but a quick trip to ebay got parts on order,was not looking for it but that seems to be the norm for me:cool: gt80.jpg

engine is apart waiting for new parts,frame was cleaned and painted last night as was the exhaust,yes most likley it will be for sale when done,and I don't sell everything,I just like to keep things fresh in the garage so I rotate stock
77 dodge B200 van,owned since new,68 BSA 650 been hangin around since 95

HEY!

For no particular reason except that is a GT80, I am looking for
a down pipe for a GT80 or any similar Yamaha that has the
thread-on exhaust. I need more than 4.5 HP for my RD60 that
I ride to work.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

HEY!

For no particular reason except that is a GT80, I am looking for
a down pipe for a GT80 or any similar Yamaha that has the
thread-on exhaust. I need more than 4.5 HP for my RD60 that
I ride to work.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

You must live really close to work!

You could upgrade another Yamaha street bike of that era, the powerful 80 cc Chappy! 97674-chpy.jpg

it's a runner,new piston kit/gaskets from japan off ebay along with new crank main bearings and seals,had it cacklin last night w/o exhaust sounds like a chain saw,got to do the bodywork now,thinkin of doing white with the red.black stripes euro YZ look

I might want to buy it if the price is right.......go black and yellow. Put a number 8 on the front plate too.

That is cool!

Will the baffles slide out of that pipe? That was one of our speed secrets when riding 50s back in the 60's. lol!

That is cool!

Will the baffles slide out of that pipe? That was one of our speed secrets when riding 50s back in the 60's. lol!

Nope. Maybe I should take a complete gt80 motor and put this pipe on it. Maybe that would make 6-7 HP??? Should bolt right in. Would like it to look stockish.

Smitty, how much you gonna want for that piece of **** that's barely worth $45?

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

Nope. Maybe I should take a complete gt80 motor and put this pipe on it. Maybe that would make 6-7 HP??? Should bolt right in. Would like it to look stockish.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

HAAAA - I spelled out s ehtch eye t and the forum put in asterisks.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

No substitute for displacement!

I have a 1975 Kawasaki KH100 street bike that looks real similar to that Yamaha.
I get time I'll throw up a pic.
I had it tagged, insured and rode it around town for a couple of years. It was fun. Got a lot of looks and smiles too.

Looks pretty much the same as this one. I've had it up 65 mph before.
bikepics-1814768-full.jpg

That GT80 was my very first bike. Looked just like that. Broke the frame, put gussets in it, and broke it again several times. I'd love to have that thing.

prepping for paint,found some black YZ80 graphics on evilbay so it looks like yellow w/the graphics,runs pretty good,still do not like the way it idles runs a little fat down there,got to recheck float height,might have to keep it if it's a $45 pos
smitty

1975 gt80.jpgit's done,runs real good,real fun to blast around the yard on,tires are challenged but otherwise pretty cool little yard bike

Back