Buckeye series race this Sunday 10-9-11

I have seen a chopper land at Honda Hills. If everyone loved HH so well. Why is it gone?

Oh c'mon...do you really think you can fairly make a correlation between whether people liked HH and it closing? Too many other factors were in play to say it closed because it was unpopular.

Besides, you could have fooled me if it were unpopular with everyone...based on what I've seen, HH's Friday night races and their split program Saturday turnouts eclipsed the turnouts at COCR. HHs is ancient history at this point, what's your motivation for even doggin on the place?

Regarding the post that talked about injuries and honda hills compared to other tracks...I don't agree that there were more injuries at honda hills.

I'd imagine the one rider who was mentioned in a post above that sustained a head injury would have been our own "Scoob" who was unfortunate enough to be hit head on by a numbskull who deliberately entered the track going the wrong way. From what I hear the lawsuits involved with that episode was another contributing factor to the track closing.

I'd imagine the one rider who was mentioned in a post above that sustained a head injury would have been our own "Scoob" who was unfortunate enough to be hit head on by a numbskull who deliberately entered the track going the wrong way. From what I hear the lawsuits involved with that episode was another contributing factor to the track closing.

Wasn't scoob....wasn't inlcuding him due to those circumstances...This guy went down hard on of the high speed up hill with the slight left at the bottom. The other guy went down in one of the hard pack corners and was taken to the hospital as well. But wasn't saying there was more at COCR....just stating it happened there too. There's no track immune, but when you have hard pack and higher speeds your are more likely to have a head injury when your head slams off the equivalent of concrete.

Honda Hills was made popular from their reputation back in the day and the nationals held there...however if I recall, their open practice turnouts were dwindling near the end, but that wasn't the only reason it closed.

Did Scoob or the other guy tear their knee apart? I was at a practice there on day when two guys colided. One was going the wrong way up the single that was down at the bottom on the right side of the start. The other guy came around the top of that single and they meet right at the peak of that single. One guy's knee took the brake caliper off the other guys bike. You could see the bones in his leg and he was flown out. The guy that was actually going the wrong way didn't look injured. At least not like the other fella. Didn't mean to bag on HH. They helped promote our sport back in the day.

So what in the heck is so hard about making the track not so muddy but keeping the dust down....lol....I mean geesh....hahaha

No...going to the harescramble at Full Throttle in Hillsboro to take photos on Saturday and then Sunday at Buckeye Hills (old Highland Lakes).

As good as it could be in my opinion. Cool with rain yesterday. Maybe a few more showers before the weekend. Then cool all weekend. Should be stellar weather conditions.

You would of enjoyed and felt comfortable on the track Sunday. It wasn't that extreme. Saturday it was rutted a bit much, but was easier on Sunday.

I'm 46, seldom get to race, and it seems to me like I wreck a lot. My only regret was that there weren't more guys like you and I that showed up to fill the gate. There were 7 in 40+, and that is all lumped together not divided A,B & C. Most of them boys were very fast and good, (and probably have been racing every weekend this year) and I was solo with no one at my level and speed to race agains't, (with one slower rider behind me).

And my 25 year old son had about the same situation in his 25+ B class. But we still had a very good time.

NQ1965 are you planning on racing sunday???

Unfortunately no. Thanks for asking though.

In my last moto Sunday I had to do a foot plant on a jump landing (my error) and re-agrivated my left knee injury. Knee and leg swelled up again and tender, so it will be some time before I ride again. ( I have a ruptured Bakers Cyst in my knee from soft tissue damage).

I was doing great right till the end and then it happened. One turn from the finish line, after a full weekend of riding and feeling good.

I love COCR. This was only the second time I have raced there. (August 2010, and this year). And I was thrilled when they began open practices for the public last year.

I know there has been a lot of Honda Hills discussion lately, (which I have remained silent on), but my family and I rode there a lot, it was close to us (15 minutes) and we loved the facility. For me..........COCR is like the sister track of Honda Hills. A lot of similarities. A lot of features that we enjoyed at HH, COCR has as well.

Rather people realize it or not, it would be a great loss to central Ohio to ever lose COCR like we lost Honda Hills.

I might show up Sunday, I want to watch these vet class's again and size up my competition for next year.

heal up quick NQ1965, COCR was one of my favorite tracks! just went out to survey the damage to my blue steed(still loaded in truck) and saw that red clay that cocr was famous for back in the day, man they used to prep like a national. But it was cocr that i cut my teeth on and learned to ride ruts and WET stuff. I'm like you it would be a great loss if they were to close

Back