Best indoor track????

Not sure what you are talking about "random poles" NEMX has a row of poles and so do we. Ours are bigger but don't come into play. Never had any one even "randomly" hit one. A couple people have fell over in a rut and dropped their bike on them or the padding on them I should say.

I would have to disagree about track prep from what I hear week in and week out all winter.

Like you said it is all personal preference. Every time our track or another track is changed there are people that like and dislike the changes. Go where you like.

By the way we have brand new lights and it's nice and bright now.

Open this weekend. Still have some more work to do on the track next week to get some of the options in like usual but it's good. Rife and Willard liked it anyway.

Rich

My personal preference is that when I go to a track, I want to have a good time at a good track and get my moneys worth. Not only is NEMX (for example) a better track to ride, but the entire facility is BETTER. Examples? Sure!
- Parking:
NEMX: Plenty of room to park.
RamJams not so much unless you want to park in the hood.
NEMX: Easy to sign up at a counter in an organized office.
RamJams: A card table in a little room that is packed with people all the time.
- Heat:
RamJams: Doesn’t know what heat is, besides that little room where sign up is that is packed with people all the time. And the only reason that room seems warm is just from all the body heat.
NEMX: Has a large viewing room that is actually heated.
- Staff:
NEMX: Professionally run and very organized and you can hear what is being said over the PA System.
RamJams: Basically the place is a cluster F, and the place is run like crap. Its almost like the people don’t want to be there and it shows in their crappy attitude. You cant hear crap over the PA, and you don’t know who is up or for how long, …
- Pit Area:
NEMX: There is no designated pit area room, but there is plenty of room to pit 100s of bikes.
RamJams: They have a lil room to pit in, and it’s a cluster F to get in and out of there when people show up and you block each other trying to pit in there.
- Track:
NEMX: Big fast track, plenty of jumps, long straights and lots of corners.
RamJams: Tiny little place that you can not get any speed and has one tiny jump.

Brapfamily: LOL. your total of "2" post crack me up.... Been to Ram Jam more than a few times and I must say I disagree with you on all points. Indoors are indoors. Maybe you had a bad experience at Ram Jam, maybe you are in bed with the owner of NEMX??? Whoever you're blowing, just shut-up, go ride and quit puttin peoples businesses down.

i live about equal distance from both. grew up with the owners of nemx, very nice people. there are pros and cons to both ram jam and NEMX. I really enjoy the track at NEMX this year, and will be there a lot. I however will also be at Ram Jam alot also. Everyone should be happy we have TWO EXCELLENT facilities to ride in over the winter. 10 years ago what did you do in the winter?!?!? Where did you go ride??? exactly.. so STFU and be happy and thankful that we have people wililing to put the time money and effort into what we have today.

staff at ram jam are very nice people, as is evreyone at NEMX. if you dont like one, go to the other. no need to rip on one place. and to compare EITHER to summit is a JOKE.

i hate winter but nemx and ram jam make it manageable!!!! its the 1 thing that doesnt suck about being in cleveland all winter.

I have never been to either, and I will frequent both before Christmas to do some research.

Been to OMA and Earlywines. Both are good as indoor tracks go. Earlywines is big, probably the biggest i have seen so far. OMA has super nice pits and snack bar, I mean real nice. I like OMA because its only two hours from me.

Now on the pitbike side, Big Horn is like 15 minutes away, cant be beat for me. Wanna make it down to Ted's as well this year.

I guess it really comes down to how far you gotta drive. If you got one within an hour or two ride it.

I would love to build the ultimate indoor. BC^2.

i live about equal distance from both. Grew up with the owners of nemx, very nice people. There are pros and cons to both ram jam and nemx. I really enjoy the track at nemx this year, and will be there a lot. I however will also be at ram jam alot also. Everyone should be happy we have two excellent facilities to ride in over the winter. 10 years ago what did you do in the winter?!?!? Where did you go ride??? Exactly.. So stfu and be happy and thankful that we have people wililing to put the time money and effort into what we have today.

Staff at ram jam are very nice people, as is evreyone at nemx. If you dont like one, go to the other. No need to rip on one place. And to compare either to summit is a joke.

I hate winter but nemx and ram jam make it manageable!!!! Its the 1 thing that doesnt suck about being in cleveland all winter.

x1000

Brapfamily: LOL. your total of "2" post crack me up.... Been to Ram Jam more than a few times and I must say I disagree with you on all points. Indoors are indoors. Maybe you had a bad experience at Ram Jam, maybe you are in bed with the owner of NEMX??? Whoever you're blowing, just shut-up, go ride and quit puttin peoples businesses down.

I dont know the owners of either place, just see what its like when I go to the places and RamJams is the worse of the two on so many levels.
And this thread is "Best indoor track????", so giving my opinion on which place is better than the other. Will let you know what I think of Circle T and EarlyWine when I go there. But from photos alone looks like nothing will beat EarlyWine :)

Brap family - Earlywine is fun, I think they have tamed it down quite a bit from what I have heard, which is both good and bad. I will probably make it down there once to check it out.

You know this whole thread is "TOTALLY RIDICULOUS" and "OUT OF CONTROL". Everyone has their own opinions. People say stuff about our track and people sure say stuff about RAM JAM to...we are two totally different indoor tracks. They run theirs how they like and we run ours how we like!! People should be thankful they have places to ride period. With the economy the way it still is people are lucky any indoor is still open. Outdoor tracks are having a hard time being open and look at all the bike shops that have closed. PEOPLE NEED TO BE HAPPY WITH WHAT THEY HAVE!!!! But, to some of the riders who have bashed our track we work hard and prep our track everyday. We take pride in our track so everyone has a good experience. Yeah our track on some days can get hard packed in the corners, but you know when you have 100 + riders coming in and ripping through the track that's what happens. It's dirt...dirt smashes down. We have brought in truck loads of mulch many different times, but since we don't have a cement floor under our dirt the mulch just get's packed down, down, down, and disappears...hard to control that. Also, with all the track changes we make throughout the season it disappears. I guess people don't understand about track maintenace unless you have a business and deal with it all the time. There have been many times where we stopped practice in the middle of the day and ripped it up again to make it nice for people. This years track was totally and I mean totally redone and the dirt was all moved, all ripped up everywhere....so it's like all fresh dirt that was trucked in. So before people bash our track come and ride it 1st. Another thing people are going to go to a track that is closer to where they live...gas prices are still ridiculous...I don't blame them one bit. I know many people who would love to come to our place like they use to but go elsewhere because it's closer so they save money. Also, one thing about indoor tracks...indoor tracks are arenacross style tracks...if you want wide open tracks then stick to the outdoors...obviously indoors is not for you!! We always have had technical, fast-flowing tracks and we always ask peoples opinions. We want our riders to be happy and have a good time and good experience at our place. So to end this....if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Be happy with what is offered to you as motocross riders!!!

you know this whole thread is "totally ridiculous" and "out of control". Everyone has their own opinions. People say stuff about our track and people sure say stuff about ram jam to...we are two totally different indoor tracks. They run theirs how they like and we run ours how we like!! People should be thankful they have places to ride period. With the economy the way it still is people are lucky any indoor is still open. Outdoor tracks are having a hard time being open and look at all the bike shops that have closed. People need to be happy with what they have!!!! But, to some of the riders who have bashed our track we work hard and prep our track everyday. We take pride in our track so everyone has a good experience. Yeah our track on some days can get hard packed in the corners, but you know when you have 100 + riders coming in and ripping through the track that's what happens. It's dirt...dirt smashes down. We have brought in truck loads of mulch many different times, but since we don't have a cement floor under our dirt the mulch just get's packed down, down, down, and disappears...hard to control that. Also, with all the track changes we make throughout the season it disappears. I guess people don't understand about track maintenace unless you have a business and deal with it all the time. There have been many times where we stopped practice in the middle of the day and ripped it up again to make it nice for people. This years track was totally and i mean totally redone and the dirt was all moved, all ripped up everywhere....so it's like all fresh dirt that was trucked in. So before people bash our track come and ride it 1st. Another thing people are going to go to a track that is closer to where they live...gas prices are still ridiculous...i don't blame them one bit. I know many people who would love to come to our place like they use to but go elsewhere because it's closer so they save money. Also, one thing about indoor tracks...indoor tracks are arenacross style tracks...if you want wide open tracks then stick to the outdoors...obviously indoors is not for you!! We always have had technical, fast-flowing tracks and we always ask peoples opinions. We want our riders to be happy and have a good time and good experience at our place. So to end this....if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Be happy with what is offered to you as motocross riders!!!

amen!

As you will notice at the end of my post, I do believe I said that it was "just my thoughts....", yet some how that translates into being called out on everything I've ever done or ridden. I mean I raced the entire atv mx series in 2009 and 2010 competing in A class and 450 A, so I have rode on multiple outdoor tracks. As far as practice tracks go for whoever that was that said I ride on ****ty tracks, I frequent the nicest motocross facilities in Ohio and Indiana, such as Pusheta Creek Mx, Briarcliff Mx, and all of the Reads Racing facilities just to name a few. With 19 years of racing experience in motocross, arenacross, harescrambles, and GNCC I am confident that I can provide a valid opinion in regards to a track and other matters. After all it was an opinion, sorry to have caused so many sets of underwear to get in binds, twists, tears, and overall compromising positions.

i live about equal distance from both. Grew up with the owners of nemx, very nice people. There are pros and cons to both ram jam and nemx. I really enjoy the track at nemx this year, and will be there a lot. I however will also be at ram jam alot also. Everyone should be happy we have two excellent facilities to ride in over the winter. 10 years ago what did you do in the winter?!?!? Where did you go ride??? Exactly.. So stfu and be happy and thankful that we have people wililing to put the time money and effort into what we have today.

Staff at ram jam are very nice people, as is evreyone at nemx. If you dont like one, go to the other. No need to rip on one place. And to compare either to summit is a joke.

I hate winter but nemx and ram jam make it manageable!!!! Its the 1 thing that doesnt suck about being in cleveland all winter.

word!!!

What you suck so bad on a bike you had to go to a track packer? Lol. You shouldn't be aloud to ride a track packer at any track the bikes go! Spit all the dirt off , and ruin the lines.

Oh boy here we go. Doug Schall is a badass??? And probably from the northern hemishphere, or way out west by dayton, my two guesses. Wherever your from doug you need to start riding tracks that can prep buddy. Oh wait this is about indoor tracks right? nevermind. You dont suck, my bad.

Has anyone contemplated sawdust at an indoor?

Oh boy here we go. Doug Schall is a badass??? And probably from the northern hemishphere, or way out west by dayton, my two guesses. Wherever your from doug you need to start riding tracks that can prep buddy. Oh wait this is about indoor tracks right? nevermind. You dont suck, my bad.

Has anyone contemplated sawdust at an indoor?

I know Rich at RJ's had truck loads of sawdust hauled in along with some other stuff that makes the soil real nice to work with.

SOrry if I pissed you off about the quad comment bc you and your track are good! I ride plenty of good tracks. Dirt seems to pack down pretty good still with saw dust from the few I've been to that has it. It's really slick if it's wet or just laid on top it seems though.

A good top notch quad rider will utilize any rut carved by a bike without polishing off the corners. Its the slower quadbillys without experience that blow corners out. Briarcliff Mx knows what I am talking about, he probably sees it all the time on the C track. Most dirt bike riders do not understand how fast wheelers can be with a capable rider on board, assuming they have a properly set up machine.

sorry if i pissed you off about the quad comment bc you and your track are good! I ride plenty of good tracks. Dirt seems to pack down pretty good still with saw dust from the few i've been to that has it. It's really slick if it's wet or just laid on top it seems though.

lol!

Back