KX500 Vid

Just sold mine about a month ago. Hated to do it, but I guess I had my fun with it. It was a blast to ride!

DSC_5571.jpg

This is what it looked like when I bought it...

DSC_4648.jpg

You guys are smoking crack! I have owned a yz490 & cr500. Power, yes! Easy to ride all day, easy to kick start, smooth, No!!! Nostalgia is best left in your mind not on a track. Antiquated, rattling buckets of steel are not raced any more because technology & aluminum took over. I try to convince my kids that Atari was really cool, but face it, it can't hold a candle to Wii. All the old 500's were cool, but the only place they have an advantage is in your head! If power is what you seek - get a 450. Let the haters reply!!

Who wants to get railed by a 20 year old bike?

Funny note, was running faster lap times on this bike than I was on my Dialed in 2010 CRF450.

I just think people should respect the Green Machine and ima make sure it happens at Round 6 Of the Main Event Series at Cycle Ranch MX Park this weekend by lining up in the 450 A class on her...

That was a quote by the guy in the video on TSM forums

http://twostrokemotocross.com/forum/index.php/topic,3290.0.html

You guys are smoking crack! I have owned a yz490 & cr500. Power, yes! Easy to ride all day, easy to kick start, smooth, No!!!

Again, That's my point. They ARE harder to ride fast, for most people. Not everyone can do it well. I think the guy in the video is very capable. I did think it was funny at the end when he said he was tired.

You guys are smoking crack! I have owned a yz490 & cr500. Power, yes! Easy to ride all day, easy to kick start, smooth, No!!! Nostalgia is best left in your mind not on a track. Antiquated, rattling buckets of steel are not raced any more because technology & aluminum took over. I try to convince my kids that Atari was really cool, but face it, it can't hold a candle to Wii. All the old 500's were cool, but the only place they have an advantage is in your head! If power is what you seek - get a 450. Let the haters reply!!

actually you got it backwards, the advantage they have is power. No, they dont rail berms like a smaller bike, they are harder kick, and the suspension is outdated but twist the throttle and you get acceleration like none other. Also, they are much cheaper on the maintenance side than a 450. I will agree that the CR 500 and YZ 490 are not smooth but have you ever tried a KX with the powervalve and all? A 500 two stroke isnt for everyone, if they were they might still be around. I would love to do the aluminum frame conversion at some point but I'll always have a 500.

so did a guy on pitracer build a 500 into a 2011 crf 450 chassis? Or was that a 250cc ? I can't find that thread, maybe i'm not looking hard enough but I vividly remember drooling over that bike.

G Bruce's 2010 CRF 250 chassis with a CR250 motor, I forget what year the engine is.
DSC01517.JPG

Thanks for the compliment! If I remember right the CR250 conversion above used a 2001 CR250 motor, which is probably one of the better motors Honda has ever made (imo). I'm sure that bike runs as good as it looks!

Back