Bc 10-15, 10-16

I agree JO,
Although the dirt is pretty darn good at BC, peeps don't realize the work it takes to get that. Especially nowadays. Back in '06 I think it was?, although I was a BC newbie, the dirt was a lot different. It probably should have been packaged into bags for planting soil more than rode on as a MX track.
Peeps taking just a little more of the good stuff home every time, leaves JO with clumpy, non-moisture holding, clay-like dirt. Looks awesomous after 20+ hours of prep time, but doesn't last all the time. Kinda hard to gage how much water here and there, if Mother Nature does this or that, etc., etc.
Some of that will never change or improve, but homey spends a lot of time and money to make it as good as it is. Well, and he's also never satisfied (a true rider at heart), so always thinking of what's next.
So, you wanna do your part? Come out and bring all your friends, with crisp $20's to help with the "Fight of Poor Track Conditions". Go Pink...err, wait, that's another crusade. ;)

I agree JO,
Peeps taking just a little more of the good stuff home every time,

Funny little fact-O… I wash my bike every time in the same spot on a concrete drive. I can tell where I’ve been buy the swarf left over after washing. Some washes away easily….some sticks like glue.

Funny little fact-O… I wash my bike every time in the same spot on a concrete drive. I can tell where I’ve been buy the swarf left over after washing. Some washes away easily….some sticks like glue.

Yeah, I have a few high spots in the gravel myself! ;)

Seems like in the science of soil, there should be some sort of farmers trick to rejuvinating the dirt.

15 years ago when I was reshaping for run off on my property I needed some dirt. I called an old buddy up that owned a trucking and excavating business. He sold me 50 ton of the blackest dirt that I have ever seen in my life. He said it had a lot of peat in it. It was scraped up from the low lying area where the Heath Lowes store is now. To this day, as I walk around my lawn where I spread it and built up, it is still soft and slightly impressionable, and still as black as coal.

Puts me in mind of the pictures you see of Washougal National track. Fast Traxx also has some pretty rich soil in parts of their track, but that may be due to them being alongside a River.

You do a hell of a job with what you got though Jeremy.

As of right now we are still on. Not too bad today, a couple light showers, just enough to wet the pavement. A little wet in places, but we havent touched the C track or the big track yet. Fairly breezy tonight, and its supposed to be windy tomorrow too. Both kids tracks are ready. We will have soft spots here and there from where the rain on wednesday had collected, but overall it shouldnt be too bad. No worse than normal for us. We are just discing and running the dozer over all of it in the morning. It will be better than most any other place you might try to go tomorrow.

can you let us know by say 8 am if the pattern is full or not? I really want to ride but the rain has been almost non-stop 100 miles east of you.

We live close to the cliff, no real rain today. Kinda funny, went to get the mail and it was raining at my mailbox but not at the front door. 30yds.

All tracks open today (saturday) at 11:00. Might be running late on the C track, it might not be done till 11:30 or so. We'll see. We will NOT be shutting down the big track, C track, or beg. peewee track for the race, all of those will stay open til 5:00.

Pitbike race later today, on the pitbike track, like the last two times sorta.

Formal practice for that at 3:00 for kids, and 3:30 for adults, racing at 4:00 or so. $5 per class, same classes as last time.

Special Thanks to Roofmasters, WPS, Fly Racing, Creno's Pizza, and Sports Cycles of Lancaster and Athens.

Absolute perfection! Overcast skies, with a hint of sun here and there. Tracks are awesome. Hardly any wind either, hopefully it will stay that way.

Well, the damn wind tried to ruin our day again, but it wasnt as bad as Saturday. Still a great day overall. Tracks were decent. Saturday was a bit much, ol' windy def. dried it bad, had to break out the mack for Sunday. Despite the suspect weather we still had good turnouts for the weekend, THANKS! Hopefully we get a few more days in this year. Also a special thanks to the Gonz, he is working like a madman in that tractor, both tracks looked very good yday morning. Big track was a little chunky in places, but thats why we are getting some of that sawdust stuff to try.

Sawdust coming in 2 hours.

Another awesome day at the Cliff. Thanks for all the hard work guys! First ride in 3 or 4 weeks.....feeling it today!

Sawdust sections will blow your noggin. I want another load!!!!!

I cant wait to get it watered right, and worked in more. Its like riding in marshmellows....I think.

Sawdust sections will blow your noggin. I want another load!!!!!

I cant wait to get it watered right, and worked in more. Its like riding in marshmellows....I think.

Not sure how you can improve an already perfectly prepped track. The conditions Sunday were Epic!
Thanks buddy, we had a great time!

Back