Pros and Cons To moving up?

I agree with what everyone else says, especially the Michigan part. If I remember right, you're closer out that way anyhow? Regardless, plenty of time for him to move up, and most of the time, the majority of the B riders are as fast as A riders. I watched alot of them over the years. Zman and George would know for sure, having been there and done it.

I posted a video of a kid from michigan that is riding b class at the mash. His name is devin culbreth, check him out. Also at the brawl the top 4 in B were faster than the top 6 in A. Colton ford, austin dodd, jordan smith, devin, cody mcculloch.... these are the kind of kids he will be racing with. In all seriousness come to the mash and see where he stands with these kids. It will be an eye opener either way it goes. However I do agree about staying in B for lorettas. Also DO NOT race an outlaw race in A class. All it takes is one person seeing a result and hes done for. But if you ever wanna see the kind of talent in the B class nationally look up cole thompson he is a kid from canada that races a lot here locally. All these kids are on a different level than what most people perceive the b class to be on.

The 16yrs old rule thingy everyone is dancing around goes something like this. A rider cannot be forced to move up to the "A" class even if they meet the RPV requirements for advancement. This does NOT mean you can't advance yourself if you choose. You can race one race in "C " or even "D" and then the next day sign up for "A" if you wanted (you could race your first race in the "A" class if you wanted), but unlike moving from the "C" to "B" class, Which you may petition back (to "C" if things don't work out), but when you move to "A" Your a LIFER. And don't get caught racing "A" just for SH!TS N GRINNS not even at an outlaw race. Someone could call you on it and per AMA rules you will be required to move up permanently to "A".

I would think if Scotty can finish in the top three for a few races with at least 15 riders on a gate at an ama event, then consider the move. But remember you can never move down and you got your whole career for A class. Also if you make it to Loretta's in the A class and finish in the top 10, you automatically get your pro license... saves a lot of money and time...:) We've been tossing things in the air a lot about Connor, go 125 and race School Boy or go 250 2 stroke.. The ama school boy classes you race in the south are pretty competative. So maybe have Scotty race in some competative classses with fuller gates and see how it goes.

Yea, take him down for the first two rounds of the gold cup in Fl. Then you'll know exactly how you stack up. Don't be surprised if you don't make it inside the top 15. Those boys are faaassst. If you're competitive there, you're competitive everywhere.

Yea, take him down for the first two rounds of the gold cup in Fl. Then you'll know exactly how you stack up. Don't be surprised if you don't make it inside the top 15. Those boys are faaassst. If you're competitive there, you're competitive everywhere.

Scottie's competitive there. Doesn't make him an A rider, though.

Scottie's competitive there. Doesn't make him an A rider, though.

I agree with that for sure. B is where he needs to be. Competitive to me is in side the top the top 10, It's been about 9 months since I've seen Scottie ride, no disrespect but I don't think he's to that competitive level yet. No doubt he could get there in a hurry though with the right attitude and support.

Back