Thoughts on monster cup?

sdjclevland

PR Addict
What did everyone think of the race? I thought the track was cool and the racing was good but noting crazy. I was suorised windham sucked and also that rv checked out how he did. I would have liked to seen alessi hang in there more also and I am looking forward to see if metty is gonna keep being a front runner in supercross. I just wish James was there. Oh and that one euro rider did gray also that had to pull put cause of that mechanical issue I forgot his name.

RV is going to be hard to beat on the New KX, that thing is a weapon, he looks so smooth and planted at unreal speeds. RV definitely in better shape than ever great combination with a proven team.
Was hoping K dub would have done better. But for taking care of business with #45 Freise all, is forgiven. (while watching after the corner up in the stands I said "if I were Kdub I would punt #45 in the next 3rd or 4th turns"... and he did) Didn't really expect it though. That was Classic and deserving.
#800 Allessi gets the Butt Munch award even though the gate drop was wired directly to his clutch cable. He doesn't mess with RV anymore so whats his beef with #5 RD? Dungey's KTM still need work in suspension area and a smaller throttle Cam, IMO.

Other than missing riders I would say it was exactly as I would've called it. RV is the RC of this set of guys. I really don't think reed and james will stay healthy and consistent once SX begins. RV just seems to have that extra 1/4 second of holding it open. He has worked hard and seems motivated somewhat like RC was by his knee injury.
liked Rd's comment about how he'd ride this format. "If I can't win the million I'll make sure no one does" implying he would smash a guy like KW did.
I enjoyed that moment too. Was waiting for Friese to pull a Bower move.

When did k dub take him out I never got to see that? I was pretty much only able to watch the mains online. And yeah dungey needs more time and more work on that bike to get it dialed in but even last season dungey and reed did jot have the speed of rv and bubba. They were just a click off.

I like the race format and it was cool to see the 250 guys on the 450s and all. And I did not get what alessi beef was with dungey either.

Too bad that one Kyle kid or whatever his name was with the stupid tattoo on his face did not pull off that trick that's was sick

#800 Allessi gets the Butt Munch award even though the gate drop was wired directly to his clutch cable. He doesn't mess with RV anymore so whats his beef with #5 RD? Dungey's KTM still need work in suspension area and a smaller throttle Cam, IMO.

Back in his Mini days he pulled that crap all the time; except then he could just check out and smoke the guy. I remember the whole sidelines at the SX event at mini o's was BOOing him for being a prick like that.

I was irritated that I got to watch Commercials during the amatuer motos. That sucked. I heard there were both A & B riders in the amatuer event. Don't know how AMA is going to handle that one, probably just overlook it like they overlook the C class.

RV---OMG. I Kept seeing his bike flash red and the number plate flash 1 and it kept saying Showtime on his butt patch intermittently.....And for a brief second I'm pretty sure my phone said it was 1995.

You almost wonder if the monster energy cup promoters asked RV what kind of dirt he preferred. But...with RD only being on a KTM for 8 days and riding it a million times better than Alessi did ALL YEAR...that says something. Still, I bet RD and the rest of big names are shakin in their boots wondering how RV got that fast.

figured RV would check out as usual , dungey looked pretty smooth on the ktm and like others said its gonna take a little time for the team to get everythin right for him and how he likes it. Honestly when Bubba returns i dont think he will be able to compete with RV , Bubba has been out of it to long whether he is practing at home or not , to me it seems RV is just getting faster and faster and will soon be the fastest man on the planet :)

Loved the sx portion of the track. The outside stuff looked like it could have been good, but not enough water out there, too dry. But the indoor layout was awesome, allot of cool and unique obstacles.

RV is going to be hard to beat on the New KX, that thing is a weapon, he looks so smooth and planted at unreal speeds. RV definitely in better shape than ever great combination with a proven team.

Ya i noticed ever since they switched to the '12 half way through nationals he was on fire! I hope js gets smoked by all those guys when he comes back so he wont get a huge ego boost after not racing all year, guy is fun to watch but i really dont care for him that much.

I really thought after taking some time off the nats kdub would do a little better then he did, he sure didnt have any luck at all that night.

First time doing it I liked the layout for the most part. Didn't see much of what was supposed to be MX portions in the track except for the rocks!! Track seemed real one-lined for the most part and it showed as pretty much whoever got the start stayed at the front unless they crashed...Alessi looked good at first then turned into an idiot..maybe he was still seeing stars from his crash earlier...Overall - good exposure for the sport - lots they can improve on for next years if they have one... I still am in awe with RV though...can you imagine the nerves/pressure on the gate for the last race and what he was thinking ??

I hope they do it next year and I hope more guys show up including some gp guys. I wonder it any teams used any new technology like traction control. I think a few used in helmet cOmmunication

what can you say the guys a class act. Good thing he put off that honeymoon...lol also looks good when a Monster energy bike wins the Monster cup.

Like I said in the dunginator thread.... I for one hate this villipoto bandwagon. People act like he is doing what Carmichael did back in the day and its nit even close. He's had to battle for each championship and without the mishaps in his outdoor program Dungey wins the title. Dungey and reed beat villipoto outdoors heads up as well as indoors last year the guy isn't invincible and isn't superman.

I think A1 is going ti be an eye opener, honestly. With the rest of the field in there and dialed in I see it being a lot closer and if Stewart makes the right move and gets on the Suzuki I don't see anyone touching him provided he keeps it upright even without racing. I am not a huge JS fan but the guy is unreal in the bike control and speed he has. However canard was looking like a monster also and I think if Dungey rides a little more aggressively he has a very very good shot. He's shown he has the same speed as RV but he seems ti ride at 85-90 percent instead of balls out call thatdumb but when has Ryan Dungey been out of a season for injuries?

Stewarts always has been fast and he will be ready for 2012 if he rides. The rider who is going to struggle the most id say would be Dungy. The KTM's haven't been competitive in 450 class. Short couldn't do it and neither could Alessi. Dungy will be fast but not where he was on the Suzuki. Alessi is going to be up and down all year. He will be strong for outdoors though. Villipoto has everything in place for another title if he stays healthy. Should be a good season from spectators side.

you also need to remember its rv's 1st full season on a 450, and coming back from a broken femur. won the sx title, mx title, mxon and mec and has won the last how many races in a row? mxon was like 16 secs ahead of dungey and about the same every moto of the mec.

winning championships is not all about smoking everyone at every race, its riding smart and being consistant

Mx of nations huh? Cuz that wasn't a team thing ir anything..... hell why send a team at all? We should've left bagget. And Dungey on the benchhave we have the all great and invincible Ryan villipoto..... give me a break.

Mx of nations huh? Cuz that wasn't a team thing ir anything..... hell why send a team at all? We should've left bagget. And Dungey on the benchhave we have the all great and invincible Ryan villipoto..... give me a break.

Easy Fella don"t get your chinstrap in a twist. Just opinions. No one is saying he's invincible. He's just the guy that seems to have everything going for him right know. Undeniably proven team, rider, and bike.

Easy Fella don"t get your chinstrap in a twist. Just opinions. No one is saying he's invincible. He's just the guy that seems to have everything going for him right know. Undeniably proven team, rider, and bike.

lmao thats not a bad idea! but yea bagget shoulda stayed home, wasnt his day but rv and rd both finished 3rd there 1st race. but rv got the start 3rd moto and checked out. seems like when he does that not many people can run his pace to catch up.

dont get your panties in a bunch... by any chance is mordecai really reed, stewy or rd? hahahaaaa

Yeah I was able to watch all the races now on yourtube and kdub did not impress me at all. I mean you have to be able to atleast catch blose. That was awsome how he took freese out if you wanna even call it that

Back