2012 Loretta Lynn Area & Regional Schedule announced

I guess folks are going to have to figure the strengths of the qualifying region and pick one. Here's a question. If you have never ridden Steel City or Red Bud, from a strictly unbiased opinion, which is the friendlier track?

I prefer Red Bud myself. The track has a better layout and the soil is far superior. But that is just my opinion. And I havent ridden steel city in a few years or so.

I always thought it was odd for them to stagger all the regionals so that people could go to a bunch of them within the same driving distance.... For most Ohio people who live in the Mid East district, the Northeast Regional is closer than your own regional. Steel City = 2.5 hour drive for me, Red Bud = 4 hours.

As far as the tracks go, Red Bud is sandier base soil and a bit different from the soil that we have in Ohio. If you've never ridden sand, you must go and practice in it and ride it to have a chance at the regional. Steel City is a clay based soil like we have throughout Ohio and very similar dirt, but more elevation than we have at most of our tracks combined with a little off camber work that we don't see so much in Ohio either. If you are a good clay rider and horrible sand rider......Steel City is the place for you. If you can ride the sand and like BIG Gates full of riders..... Red Bud is for you.

I'll go to Red Bud 100 times out of 100 vs Steel City just because it's my favorite track. I'm surprised that it got the regional 2 years in a row, but happy about it too. I'll race a regional there every year if I can. Red Bud runs a great program for a regional like clockwork and you'll never hear to many complaints from anyone except that maybe the classes are too deep in talent there to do well. Steel City - sometimes their regionals are run like a local race without much care to the riders or when you get home on Sunday night or Monday morning.... surprising since they run Loretta's so well, that the regionals are so poorly run many times.

The good news is that Millville is on the Regional list again 2 weeks after Red Bud and can be another Regional for Pitracer followers to attend as the group that went up there last year had a great time. I've always wanted to ride there as it's one of the national tracks and I want to hit all of them if I can in my lifetime.

Think Matthew and I may ride the qualifer at Bithlo in Orlando. It is in March the weekend after the Daytona SX, so since we will be in town.......going to consider racing the qualifer there.

The good news is that Millville is on the Regional list again 2 weeks after Red Bud and can be another Regional for Pitracer followers to attend as the group that went up there last year had a great time. I've always wanted to ride there as it's one of the national tracks and I want to hit all of them if I can in my lifetime.

Yes it is good news that Millville is on the Regional List again....but I don't think any of us qualify for the classes that run at a YOUTH Regional!

Already have my schedule put together!

Yes it is good news that Millville is on the Regional List again....but I don't think any of us qualify for the classes that run at a YOUTH Regional!

Already have my schedule put together!

Bummer, I didn't look at it that closely, I was excited to go there and try it out. Maybe break out the 85 and hit it up in Mini class!!

This will be my first year trying for LL. Is it suicide trying on a 144?

Dave, the first Area qualifiers aren't until Feb/March 2012....by then you will have quit riding altogether 2 more times, and bought and sold 6 more bikes. So, I'm not even going to address your question about the 144 because the chances of you having the same bike in 3 months is about 1%!

Dave, the first Area qualifiers aren't until Feb/March 2012....by then you will have quit riding altogether 2 more times, and bought and sold 6 more bikes. So, I'm not even going to address your question about the 144 because the chances of you having the same bike in 3 months is about 1%!

I about fell out of my chair laughing as in the past you would have been correct! I turned over a new leaf and have motivation stemming from riding a bike that actually turns! I am picking up another bike from my southern ohio connection (evomx244) that will find its way to Mr. Gorr in short order. Jeff Pape has also been a huge motivator as well. Since I went all yellow and now all 2-stroke I couldn't be happier.

Dave,

Coming through the first round of Area Qualifiers would be no problem to make it to the regional. Once you hit Red Bud, it's a pretty tough task no matter the class or the bike in all classes just because the regional is so deep in talent and so many good racers. The 144 won't hold you back there as you can just keep it singing the whole way around the track and do quite well on that bike if you ride the wheels off of it. Just the Pitracer Posse will be deep in talent at Red Bud this year in the age classes I'm sure...... I'll be doing 30, 35, 40 - Rich Silvers the same, Zman 30 and 35, Salamon, 25 and 30, possibly Davey Jones on the comeback trail in 30, 35, and 40 too. Jon Agin in 35 and 40, along with plenty of Michigan Mafia riders too......

Lot's of fun to be had at Red Bud on a regional.........

I'll be riding an RM144 z-man. I just read there may be a 2 stroke class also but it hasn't been confirmed. If not then i'm going to try in the 35 and 40 class. Since this will be my first attempt I just want to make it out of the districts. If I get as far as the Regional at RedBud I know it will full of talent but loads of fun. I had so much fun there on my 125 at the VetFest that the Regional is sure to be great fun.

I'll be riding an RM144 z-man. I just read there may be a 2 stroke class also but it hasn't been confirmed. If not then i'm going to try in the 35 and 40 class. Since this will be my first attempt I just want to make it out of the districts. If I get as far as the Regional at RedBud I know it will full of talent but loads of fun. I had so much fun there on my 125 at the VetFest that the Regional is sure to be great fun.

You'll be in front of me as long as you get a bike with electric start!

I just read there may be a 2 stroke class also but it hasn't been confirmed.

Looks like there will be a two-stroke class for ages 16+. I think our chances are still much better in the vet classes though, that new class will just be filled with super fast teenagers.

Back