2012 Loretta Lynn Area & Regional Schedule announced

Lets talk about the tracks.. I have nothing against Crow Canyon its a fun track they do good prep,but there a few better tracks in the area that need a chance. For one 330 would be a great place, Beans Road is fun now also its not as crazy as brfore. just to name a couple.

Has Area 330 applied to MXsports to run a qualifier? I know BJ at Beans has in the past but has no interest in it now.

See how the southwest regional track also has a qualifier? Why is there seem to be less qualifiers and regional locations out west? Not that it really matters to me. Just curioso.

Also, Crow area is pretty early.. Not sure I'll be ready... ;)

Totally agree.....you should have to qualify in only your own regin.

I been all for that for yeaaaars.

But...looks like I'm gonna attempt +25 at red bud and mc moto park. Maybe consider the south east region with a nice "rig pull"aka carpool to Alabama . I'd go even if already qualified out of redbud just for experience. ..

The reason i run multiple regionals is simply to get big gates, good tracks and a lot of riding in one weekend. I wish every month was june. I live for regional month, so if you can only make one regional, don't judge.

I think some are too early in the year in my opinion. And the tracks........well I have always questioned hw some of them get qualifers and regionals all the time....and in my opinion other tracks would be better.

Here's a vid of the North Central Regional track, looks pretty cool. Looks like a lot of varied soil, some sand, some hard pack. I'll probably try to hit this Regional.

Nick and I are in for
June 2 & 3 Red Bud Amateur Buchanan +45 and +35 on the 1 2 5.
June 9 & 10 Ballance MX Youth Bowling Green Nick for 4-6 shaft PW 50.

And if all is well we will do the MC in IL

I just wont work next June either!

Mc looks good. Nothing to crazy with jumps and the turns look more like northeast Ohio. Not too tore up. This place should fit my riding style the best from the looks of that video.

Georgie: The Two-Stroke (16+) class will qualify at the amateur regional.
Also, I believe the college B/C (16-24) class is considered an amatuer class which uses your age as of Aug 2, 2012 as the age of record. (Youth classes use Jan 01 as the age of record, amateur classes use Aug 02) If you will be 25 on that date you are not eligible, you are however, welcome to qualify in the 25+ class.
bruce

Technically speaking Bruce, this year's Vet Classes are July 31st date for age since the national races are running from July 31st - Aug 4th for 2012. For Amateur based classes, the age is the date of the first day of the national championship race. For youth classes, it's your age as of January 1, 2012 is your age for the entire year according to the AMA and MX Sports.

So Georgie can run Two Stroke and +25 this year since he is turning 25 at some point between now and July 31st.

And College B/C was new last year and not a new class this year.

Rocket: Someone needs to let mxsports know that the age of record is july 31.
From the 2012 supplementals:
2. For youth classes, age is based on the rider’s age on January 1, 2012 as stated in the AMA Rulebook. For
all other classes, age is based on the rider’s age as of August 2, 2012.

Here is the link for the full set of supplemental rules:
2012 LL Supplemental Rules

bruce

PS College 16-24 is a new class, last year it was college 17-24. A slight change, but technically a new class.

My birthday is January 19th. So what I'm seeing is I could run College b/c and +25 and 16+. I'll be 24 the entire year for youth, but for amatuer I'll be 25 on august 2nd 2012...

Is that feasible? Seems like it's a loop that allows me to run all three for this year only...

If that's the case I can qualify for all those at one track and run both regionals for mideast and mid central (or north central is it called, whichever) because they do fall on different weekends.

Georgie: You are not eligible for Collegeboy (16-24) as you will be 25 during the week of the championship. It is not a youth class. The youth classes qualify at the youth regional.
Your choices are 2 stroke, 25+, 250B stk/mod, or 450B stk/mod.

bruce

Wouldn't be a fat chance in a donut shop that I would make it in a 250/450 B class. Those classes are wicked fast. I think they're the fastest of the entire week. But so are all the other classes.

I got a feeling this 2 stroke class will be stacked as well. Can't wait to line up with 40 2 smokers at the qualifer and regionals. Would really love to wear a bib on a full gate in that class!

Time will tell, anyone else interested in the 2 smoker class on this board?

Rocket: Someone needs to let mxsports know that the age of record is july 31.
From the 2012 supplementals:
2. For youth classes, age is based on the rider’s age on January 1, 2012 as stated in the AMA Rulebook. For
all other classes, age is based on the rider’s age as of August 2, 2012.

Here is the link for the full set of supplemental rules:
2012 LL Supplemental Rules

bruce

PS College 16-24 is a new class, last year it was college 17-24. A slight change, but technically a new class.

Bruce, you're right, I saw that in the supplemental rules and they forgot to change the date from last year's form! Seems that Cutting and Pasting will only get you so far in life!!! Usually, they have the Vet classes age cut off on the first day of racing for the event, ie July 31, 2012 this year. Not that it matters too much to me or to Georgie..... our B day's don't fall in those days right around there...... but if mine did, I'd be calling MX sports to get it changed!

And technically, 16-24 College boy is a new class..... but such a small change in age is not a big deal to me either. Basically, there was a college boy last year so I consider that a rule change to an existing class. The "new" classes this year are the "Two Stroke Class" and the new 50cc Limited class that allows KTM Mini Adventure and Suzuki JR50 into the same class as the Honda CRF50 and Yamaha TTR50...... a class that has 2 stroke and 4 strokes of the same displacement against each other - Just like everyone wants to see!

Gone are the 50cc Multi-speed class and the 2 youth beginner classes.

If I were Georgie...... I'd go for the 2 stroke class, the Lites B Mod (on his 250cc 2 stroke), and the +25 class and hope I make it in one of them. All 3 of those classes should be very fast classes that are rough to get into.

Back