AMA or Non-Sanctioned?

should be a 2 day 3 moto format

That is the goal at some point. But not the first year. We will start small and simple on the format. But we will treating this like no other race we have run, nor have I seen run in Ohio. We are planning to have a winners platform. Where all the moto winners will get interviewed after their race. It also presents a photo opp for friends and family. We are currently working on sponsoship from Acerbis to get the yellow track markers. The awards will most likely be one of a kind, especially for Champions. I guarantee the Champions trophies will be collectors items. Im sure we'll have Saturday night pitbike racing, probably a band. You know, fun stuff.

With that being said, if anyone is interested in being a sponsor either personal or business, doesnt matter, shoot me a message or an email; josborn@briarcliffmx.com

I will gladly have repeater banner made with your name and face on it for the right price.

I say sanctioned and if you are able, see if it is possible to make it a contingency race. Not sure what's all involved in that, but we are limited in those to the Buckeye Series of which isn't what is used to be. Of course, I didn't race at all this year so what would I know. Next year I tell ya! ;)

this is a joke.

I understand you have a nice practice track, I have been there and did flow well...but I hope you pull your head out of your ass and stop thinking that one randomly held race at your track is going to make this event "biggest race in Ohio in 2012"

There are so many other facilities in this state that have been promoting races for years averaging huge rider turnouts. It is going to take more then a pitracer announcement and your hope for Acerbis track markers to bring in people.

In by no means is this mean't to bash on your facility. But, you are consistantly on this forum filling our eyes with statements that your track is better then everyone elses. When in reality its not. It's just the same as everyother ohio motocross track.

Three Palms Action Sports Center (Conroe, Texas)
Three fully irragated MX tracks, two pee-wee tracks, Supercross track, freestyle course, as well as free-ride trails, and three lakes for personal watercraft use.

Now if your place was on the caliber such as the one listed above, you might have a better chance.

this is a joke.

I understand you have a nice practice track, I have been there and did flow well...but I hope you pull your head out of your ass and stop thinking that one randomly held race at your track is going to make this event "biggest race in Ohio in 2012"

There are so many other facilities in this state that have been promoting races for years averaging huge rider turnouts. It is going to take more then a pitracer announcement and your hope for Acerbis track markers to bring in people.

In by no means is this mean't to bash on your facility. But, you are consistantly on this forum filling our eyes with statements that your track is better then everyone elses. When in reality its not. It's just the same as everyother ohio motocross track.

Three fully irragated MX tracks, two pee-wee tracks, Supercross track, freestyle course, as well as free-ride trails, and three lakes for personal watercraft use.

Now if your place was on the caliber such as the one listed above, you might have a better chance.

Hahaha...really? Interesting opinion.......

I just erased the rest of what I wrote after thinking about it......carry on.

Blaaa-haaa-haa
this is a joke I understand you have a nice practice track, I have been there and did flow well...but I hope you pull your head out of your ass and stop thinking that one randomly held race at your track is going to make this event "biggest race in Ohio in 2012"
Name the race that may be bigger....
There are so many other facilities in this state that have been promoting races for years averaging huge rider turnouts.
Name one place with HUGE turnouts.
Well then, Name one that's better....or even close
What does a place in Texas have anything to do with an Ohio State Championship?

this is a joke.

BC acknowleges your garbage, and says "whatever"

<making popcorn> this oughta be good.

I have no dog in this fight, and haven't been there (but sure wish I could), but I've never seen BC hype themselves at all. Quite the contrary, he comes across as humble about the place. It's the longtime posters, the longtime racers that I know doing the raving about it.

I'll be watching the planning for this race and what people here have to say about it. And it will go on my vacation plan to come back and ride, because it will be fun and full of people I know.

One Beautiful July Briarcliff Day in 2008

40+ on the gate. Loved it!

Briarcliff Race.jpg

Earlier quote:

I think not!
I don't believe any other Ohio tracks pull in regular attendances of 400+ over a weekend.

Sounds like qualifiers for the south at Action Sports and the north at Western Reserve is in the making???? Hummmmm????

Thats been discussed, sorta, but not really. I dont really want to do qualifiers the first year. I am firm believer in walk before you run. However, there is one combination of promotor/track location (at least in the north) that would cause me to lend a ear to this. I get that locked in, and its on.

Thats been discussed, sorta, but not really. I dont really want to do qualifiers the first year. I am firm believer in walk before you run. However, there is one combination of promotor/track location (at least in the north) that would cause me to lend a ear to this. I get that locked in, and its on.

humm maybe Buckeye Hills ?

BTW BC, for a one time race, go unsanctioned. More draw of one-time racer without an extra $39 to do it. It only benefits the sanctioning body. I see Rocket's point of supporting those who support the sport, but MX support is a bit lacking IMHO.

Doesn't matter for me, I have one for riding/racing here in NJ, but I remember how it was once upon a time. Good luck, I'll be watching so I can plan.

BTW BC, for a one time race, go unsanctioned. More draw of one-time racer without an extra $39 to do it. It only benefits the sanctioning body. I see Rocket's point of supporting those who support the sport, but MX support is a bit lacking IMHO.

Doesn't matter for me, I have one for riding/racing here in NJ, but I remember how it was once upon a time. Good luck, I'll be watching so I can plan.

Try $49 per year. I heard they just bumped dues to $49 per year.

this is a joke.

Someone has sand in their VaJayJay. Ya know, you can always move to Conroe, Texas. Just load up your MX bike, SX bike, Freestyle bike, Trail bike, The kids pee wees and your personal water craft and head for greener pastures. Or you can get on board for a great event at what is arguably the nicest (open to the public) Motocross facility in Ohio.

BC, I hope you can work something out with Western Reserve for the North thing, it is my favorite track up that a' way.

I know the dues sucks but AMA is the to go I have raced my boy sanctioned and non to many times outlaw tracks make
ou rules as they go or for friends . At least with AMA you have rules and class set

Back