AMA or Non-Sanctioned?

Simply all BC would have to state is "OUTLAW event with use of the AMA rulebook."

And paying the 49 bucks to the AMA is worth at. Atleast they attempt to fight the government and all the hippies who try to take our public land to ride away from us...support the AMA!

Still would go with AMA I have saw to much B/S at outlaw tracks If this race will be as big as B/C thinks most racers will have a card I doubt that even B/C could bring large numbers of outlaw racers

Georgie is right, we will utilize the AMA handbook regardless. It is what the majority of people know. We aren't into making weird rules, we are into making cool tracks. I think going non-ama for the first year is a good idea. There are a ton of retired or semi-retired racers/practicers out there that will only run this race, or maybe mot if they gotta buy an AMA card for one race. I know it wont stop me from buying AMA or ATVA to race an ATV national. I think the guys who have the cards dont care what we do, but i dont want to exclude a group of racers in its first year. And I prefer non-sanctioned instead of "Outlaw", we are a more civilized bunch. You wont even know its non-ama. We will re-evaluate it each year. I would rather have people choose to support the AMA, instead of forcing it upon people.

Well said JO. I would love to race BC, but with the nerve damage in my right hand I cant do all those big jumps on the big track. Pre injury I would kill it on that big track. Now if there ever was a race on the c-track, I could contend cause I feel like a champ on that track!

$49? Good thing i am a lifer. Did anyone else here get a 20% plus payraise this year?

Hey if they keep fighting lead laws and stupid crap that prevent kids from entering the sport then I'll give them 100 a year.
100/ year is $8.33. That's one less trip through the Mickey D's or Chipotle drive through each month...

I'm not suggesting to be PRO - AMA or Anti - AMA, but people do have to realize that they fight for our rights as motorcyclists in many ways to keep our riding areas open, keep lawmakers from making new laws that will prohibit us from riding in the future, and try to keep the interest of the motorcycle riding public in mind while working within the government today. The recent lead law that banned the sale of new motorcycles designed for children under age 12 that was repealed and updated is a good example of the work that AMA does to keep our riding alive.

So while most of the "cheap" dirt bike practicers you know scoff at the idea of $39 / year (or $49) for the AMA, take a look at what you have wrapped up in your bike, your hauler, your moto gear, your tools, your race gas, and your time...... and think what you would be doing without any of it. What if no motorcycles were to be sold until 85cc size bikes taking away bikes for kids? What if noise issues forced the demise of all riding even on closed course properties?

Isn't it worth one tank of bike gas to keep our riding areas open and our sport alive?

And I'm not saying that the race should be AMA sanctioned, I think BC would get more riders without sanctioning body the first year and it would be a fun event!

I agree Robin. I dont look at this as we are hurting the AMA, current members will race it anyway. And a majority of the on the fence guys, probably wouldnt have signed up next year anyway. I think everyone should support the AMA, thats my personal opinion. This move is purely to give us the best chance possible to get this event started on the right foot. One big thing that I have learned, you cant have too much help, luck, and money when promoting motocross.

In order to truly run a championship event, this event must have all sanctions and require membership to ALL of them in order to race.

AMA, FIM, NMA, CRA, MRA, GLMX, CMRC, AHRMA, PAMX, OHMX, AATVA are a good starting point. I'll start sending in my membership applications now.....

Either way i believe the turnout will be stellar, heck i'll be there just as a spectator and it's a 2+ hr drive

BTW BC, for a one time race, go unsanctioned. More draw of one-time racer without an extra $39 to do it. It only benefits the sanctioning body. I see Rocket's point of supporting those who support the sport, but MX support is a bit lacking IMHO.

Doesn't matter for me, I have one for riding/racing here in NJ, but I remember how it was once upon a time. Good luck, I'll be watching so I can plan.

I couldn't agree more. I think the biggest hindrance to attendance and to bringing new people into the sport is that nobody wants racers for a single event who are unwilling to commit to a full year of it.

In order to truly run a championship event, this event must have all sanctions and require membership to ALL of them in order to race.

AMA, FIM, NMA, CRA, MRA, GLMX, CMRC, AHRMA, PAMX, OHMX, AATVA are a good starting point. I'll start sending in my membership applications now.....

You make a point I was also wondering about. Of all the sanctions in Ohio, why AMA? Aren't they like the least representative?

Back