What is Your Job?

Scotty810

PR Addict
Curious what people do for a living to support our expensive hobby.

I am still going to school, but I work for the mechanical engineering department at Wright State University as a Graduate Research Assistant.

I work in Information Technology at PNC Bank. My actual role right now is handling the desktop development and remote software distributions to our approx 5,000 ATMs.

Why do I have to select English at our ATM's, is that your doing Pit? :)

I work at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in the Operating Room as a Registered Nurse and I also load trucks Part Time at United Parcel Service

Why do I have to select English at our ATM's, is that your doing Pit? :)

As a matter of fact, I did deploy a 10-language software pack to the PNC ATMs a year or so ago.....but you can set your preferences on your card so it defaults to whatever language you like.

Work in IT as well at SIRVA. We're a relocation / mortgage company. The big orange allied van semis you see are ours... I still haven't figured out how to get them to give me one of those and paint KTM on it...anyways

Current title is 'infrastructure engineer' , basically responsible for the support, maintenance and management of what seems to be an endless number of servers both physical and virtual. Just moved into this role a couple of months ago, was previously doing desktop support.

I also do pc/laptop repair, going to homes / small businesses and also web design.

Keeps me pretty busy these days.

I work at General Electric in a locomotive plant as a Electronic Test Technician.I am in charge of the test department of the main cab in a locomotive.

I also work part time at our family owned residential/commercial electrical contracting business.

I work for Lubrizol in Avon Lake, formally the old BF goodrich. I make, package, and ship out plastic pellets for places such as Nike, Trojan Condoms lol, K&N, and tons of other places where plastic is used. We are owned by Warren Buffet ( second richest man in the world ). We have plants all over the world.

I work for Lubrizol in Avon Lake, formally the old BF goodrich. I make, package, and ship out plastic pellets for places such as Nike, Trojan Condoms lol, K&N, and tons of other places where plastic is used. We are owned by Warren Buffet ( second richest man in the world ). We have plants all over the world.

Whoa! I'm at LZ right now in Wickliffe in mechanical testing. Still in school doing the Co-Op program. Hoping there will be a job opening when I graduate in 2013.

Whoa! I'm at LZ right now in Wickliffe in mechanical testing. Still in school doing the Co-Op program. Hoping there will be a job opening when I graduate in 2013.

over in my hood!!! i almost went there about 2 years ago but ended up staying where i was at...

i work for my dad. i'm a laborer, he owns 2 companies.. Heitsche Trucking & Heitsche Boyz Crushing. only problem with it, i work so much i dont have time to play! i guess thats the downfall to owning your own (or 2) business.. theres always something that needs to be done! i work 7 days a week.. he obviously knows nothing of this thing the rest of the world calls a weekend!!

I fly one of those evil corporate jets Obama is always carrying on about. His propaganda cost me my job in Ohio, but was able to hide out in NJ for another one.

My office before it was painted a couple years ago.

N4200.jpg

I fly one of those evil corporate jets Obama is always carrying on about. His propaganda cost me my job in Ohio, but was able to hide out in NJ for another one.

View attachment 4271

That's a beauty Chris. Amazing how politicians can scream about jobs and then not realize how many people are employed by the private jet business...

View attachment 4271

Have you ever flown for the big carriers? 737's and bigger? I always thought about being a pilot, but never looked into it much.

Isn't it the truth Scotty? The cuts just to my company's flight department in 2009 cost 8 people their jobs, plus all the fuel sales, hotel rooms, maintenance parts, and loss of value on the asset, and more. And there were so many more that got it elsewhere.

Jon, no, I always wanted to fly business jets. I made it early and far exceeded what I thought I'd accomplish. It was a tough road at times, but glad I got to do it.

Back