What is Your Job?

Whoa! I'm at LZ right now in Wickliffe in mechanical testing. Still in school doing the Co-Op program. Hoping there will be a job opening when I graduate in 2013.

LZ is one of the best places in the US to work. I myself work in Estane as a temp, ive been there since May. Hoping to be hired in around the first of the year, ive only been to Avon Lake but driven past Brecksville, and Wickliffe. Hopefully you can get in. Benefits are awesome and the pay is fantastic! Figured there HAD to be at least one other person that worked at a LZ or married to someone etc etc. Good luck!

I have the BEST job in the world! I am an Elementary Phys. Ed. Teacher! After 2 years of middle and 11 years of high school, I have finally found the perfect job for me! The students are awesome! I am also a part-time landscaper.

i work at quality casting in orrville as a metal removal tech & been doing it for 24 yrs !!!! they also have no idea whaat a life is as i'v been 6 days a week since i started

Aircraft electronics tech at Airnet Systems at Rickenbacker Airport in C-bus. I also handle aircraft maintenance service calls, do aircraft parts, shipping, ground support and refueling, and some loading and unloading of the planes. Work 4 nights a week 11 hour shifts Tues through Friday night.

Hah I went to school for two years to become an A&P mechanic MXracn746.. I never got my licence though because I didnt want to move for a job, it sucks, I kind of wish I would have done it

I am still going to school, but I work for the mechanical engineering department at Wright State University.

25 years ago, because I didn't think I could support a family and still ride without a better wage, I quit my plant job to go back to school for Mechanical Engineering . There are plenty of other routes people take, but this one has worked for me so far. The skills you pick up from racing and working on the bikes will serve you well.
Good Luck

Im fortunate that my job and hobby go side by side. I sell motorcycle parts but enrolled to start school for Mechanical Engineering this winter.

25 years ago, because I didn't think I could support a family and still ride without a better wage, I quit my plant job to go back to school for Mechanical Engineering . There are plenty of other routes people take, but this one has worked for me so far. The skills you pick up from racing and working on the bikes will serve you well.
Good Luck

Thanks! I would highly recommend mechanical engineering as a major. Even in this economy there are jobs to be found. ME's can be involved in so many areas. I laugh when I see the "Occupy Wall Street" folk who majored in classical studies and are mad that they can't find a job.

I'm a mechanical design engineer for a machine tool manufacturer. We build CNC thread and gear grinders and have done some gear hobbers in the past as well.

Thanks! I would highly recommend mechanical engineering as a major. Even in this economy there are jobs to be found. ME's can be involved in so many areas. I laugh when I see the "Occupy Wall Street" folk who majored in classical studies and are mad that they can't find a job.

Yeah they should be protesting Tuition inflation and the ridiculous cost for education. Obama has a bunch of buddies who happen to be presidents of universities. He doesn't necessarily want you to be educated! He just wants to funnel more taxpayer money to his buddies in education! (In the form of grants/government loans that most cannot receive, like myself.)

And the best scam about college is: They advertise they have the best professors, except your kid is probably going to be slung into a class with an assitant professor that makes 10 bucks/hr where you're paying 300+ a cr hr for the class....(Can't tell you how many bonehead classes I was forced to take who had professors like this) All the great professors they advertise are usually Graduate professors and an undergraduate will never see them... food for thought.

If politicians were worried about our country they would provide education for people who want to learn, not everybody. But their worried about healthcare for all....but you can get healthcare if you want to work for it. I've had it with entitlements, THIS IS AMERICA.

I've been fortunate to make it as far as I have without college. However, I now know how not going has held me back (if I had taken classes applicable to what I do). Not major, but reduced opportunities.

I have worked in manufacturing for most of my life & am currently employed as a Design Engineer for a Tool & Die shop
spending most of my day working with customer, helping our shop or glued to a computer doing 3-D cad design.

While not a rags to riches story we have moved twice & have been employed with 6 companies since graduating 30 years ago. Started outworking as a
machinist in WV, moved to VA in 1986 & became an injection mold maker, moved to Ohio in 1995 & started working in Engineering in 1996.

I am another one without a College Degree that has done really well but if I had one a new set of doors would open up. At one point I had though
about trying to earn one but am more interested in retiring early one day & enjoy the remaining years.

We have been very fortunate as my wife was able to be a stay at home mom for most of those years & attribute our kids success to this as
our oldest now has a Doctor's degree, middle daughter is in the process of earning one & the youngest (the mx racer) plans to.
Guess I hit my head too many times as a kid....

I have always worked for small companies employing from say 5 to 100 people & one thing I have always done is try to advance
using each job as a stair step constantly moving upward. Hate to say it as I stayed with one company for 9 years & another for
12 years and think that was a big mistake as the potential to keep advancing was not there. In hind sight changing jobs every 3 to 5 years
would have paid off more in the long run as experience does pay in the form of dollars in the pay check!

Ha,ha as I may have the longest post until Rocket gets on here!

My one & only hobby has always been MX!

They call me Mower Tom. I am self employed since 1989. I love my job. I do lawn maintenance for 48 accounts (residential).
I work eight months. The other four months I work on equipment and pray for snow.

Back