Shoulder Surgery, Successful?

Ha.. I like the the "dull ache but tolerable" description better than the "pain was terrible". I vote for the dull ache
Jay

I seem to have gotten off easy. They didn't have to do a complete re-atachment. What I did have was three pieces of calcified ligaments (tick tac size) that floated around and did quite a bit of damage. Surgeon indicated that I'll probably need a joint replacement later in life, but for right now, he cleaned everything up and it should be much better. The pain isn't too bad, it really only hurts when I move it. Again, good luck and a fast recovery to everyone else. Hopefully, we'll all be lined up at the gate together in a few months
Jay

Glad to hear it was not as bad as you thought. Did he give you a recovery time? I go Thursday for my follow up. Mine was just the opposite of yours. He found more damage then the MRI. I have 3 holes in the shoulder from the scope then a 3 inch incision in my armpit. Good Luck in your rehab.

I was hoping I'd find out that the recovery could be accelerated, but so far the Therapist is saying 4 - 6 weeks of passive motion before I start doing any load bearing. I think he is just quoting standard protocols though. I'll also see what the doctor has to say, I go for my follow-up on the 31st.

Back