is it possible to give this up????

Yo Crutestire......DO NOT RIDE INDOORS....ASK your buddies TODD and KORY....AND ME and MY BROTHER.....just work out,hang out in winter Meet up for the races over the winter...And let that spark turn into a fire over winter....Indoors ground is rock hard...and you really dont have the fun of OUTDOORS....See ya at summit...Todd and kory always hit it up for entertainment..VEGAS 2012

"Quitting"-- is too drastic of a step IMO... I've said it before on here, but I was a super bad kid in the '80's. I quit school, and left home at 17. The only thing that kept me from a long prison term (I've had some short ones though!) was the stack of dirt bike mags, and the hopes of racing someday. W/o getting into the boring details of it all-- I finally did accomplish my goal. I wasn't any good-- just a slightly better than mid pack "C" rider. The experience was everything I hoped it would be. That was then. I'm going to be 43 next week.

Now? I still love riding bikes more than anything else. It's something that I want to keep on doing. At this point, the whole deal has come full circle. I'm back to where I started before it all got complicated with racing. I started off on a simple trail bike play riding on trails and backyard tracks. Now... I'm back to just jacking around on pit/trail bikes for fun. Sure-- I may pick up a 125 here and there. But I'll mostly stick to Smith Rd. and maybe the 'Cabin.

The thing is-- there's more to the lifestyle than just racing bikes. Dirt bikes is a way for me to stay connected to my riding buds and it keeps me on the path that got me to today. I love to laugh with my friends about stories we've laughed about a thousand times, making fun of the other guys' riding styles-- stuff like that. The local "elder statesman" have our own Jody's Box type of gang.

As one of those "elder statesmen"-- It's my advice to keep on doing what you love, but tone down the parts of it that broke all your bones. Hope this helps. --L*64

I have a little boy thats 18 months old....he crys when he cant go to the basement to sit on one of our many bikes. i just think at some point ill have to pass the tourch..now isnt the time. good luck

Its impossible to completely QUIT. Impossible. Trust me. Like ive seen mentioned, just do it for FUN. Dont try to be a super hero. Dont ride over your head Dont try those triples or quads like we used to. Dont try to ride a 30 minute moto wide open, and dont be affraid to slow down after a couple of laps for a breather. Its 100% about fun now when I ride and ive got no reason to try to prove anything to anyone. Sure, crap still happens, but ya gotta pay to play in anything ya do. Just quit whinin 3 gen of rainbowness! You`ll heal and you`ll wanna ride as soon as you can! haha

Back