Used bike prices...holy crap...

six6seven

PR Member
I recently sold my 4 stroker as I hardly rode it anymore, but i still have a track at the house i figure, we put the time into building it, might as well ride it and have some fun right? I still got the gear, its a fun workout for sure.. So I decided its winter I can probably get a better deal on a bike right?....ehhhh wayy off. I went to look for like maybe an 02-06 yz/rm125-250 for like a price range of 1000-2200, but dang people want ridiculous prices. Its like holy crap I gave my 125's away back in 2008, we sold em for like 800 cheaper than what people are trying to get out of em 4 years later!!! and the RM was built and the CR looked not too far off from new. lol i mean shoot with their theories i sold my yz250 last winter way to cheap lol.

Just wondering if anyone else is run into this problem lookin for a 2smoker or other cheap play bike to screw around on!

Yep I gave away my low hour 450 and still I feel like I overpaid for my 250.

Bikes aren't cheap anymore. With the new msrp stickers sky rocketing you won't find cheap used bikes like you could 5 years ago

yep I have noticed the same thing. What really sucks Is i would have no problem spending that kind of doe on a new 2stroke but wait....only people who make em at an affordable price really is Yamaha. I was paging thru the most recent MXA and the new TM Italain 450f is 9,000 dollars retail??!! Give me a $^#ing break. I love moto and I love bikes. I am by no means poor. No kids. I spend a good amount on the sport. However Im also not someone who will pay more then what I think something is worth.

I honestly hope that the customers start pushing back. The prices on new and used is unreal. The reason used 2 strokes are up in price is because anyone who owned a 4 stroke long enough to see the cost of owning one or even worse seeing a motor grenade to the point of being scrap sees the value in the 2 stroke. its a light well designed motor with less moving parts and less chance of catastrophic engine faliure.

Then you got the guys who held onto and maintained the 4 strokes getting nothing for them because it appears to seem like the demand for them is down. At least that is how appears to be given what I have seen lately. Like others have said the industry has priced those of us who made the sport big right out of it. Ive bought cars for less then a bike!

The problem is all these dang yamaha/honda finance cards. You can just sign and ride man! The majority of people who buy bikes finance them and figure out hey I can't ride and won't be a pro like I thought I was gonna be, but i'll make the minimum payment for the rest of my life to keep that bike I bought after watching SX on tv two years ago.

you just gotta keep looking. it took me awhile to find one for the right price also, but i just picked up a 2003 kx125 in literally brand new condition for 1800. the deals are out ther just gotta look

Ya know Alph I almost made that offer but thought it was a low ball. Plus me looking at bikes and buying bikes is two differnt stories. ive been looking around but havent quite been able to pull the trigger. Ive owned 2 bikes before and it can be alot of work.

2200 is a little bight for a 06 but I think 1000-2000 is about right for those years. I mean 2000 would be the high price for a 06 but that may be right for a super clean bike

Have you shopped for a 250 2 stroke lately? He is spot on with his price. I am in the market for one and any brand from 05 and newer is $2200 on up. His bike was nice and I was a day late!!! I would have given him $2500 for it :)

i am actually in the process right now or shopping for a nice used KTM450 for a friend of mine, people are NUTS!!!! Best deal ive found so far was a 2008 KTM450 in Vermillion for $4,000 going to take a look Friday at it. I just cant believe what they are going for. I picked up my 96 yz250 MINT with the warning sticlers still on it for 900 bones.. Sucks that it has come to this, but hey, gotta pay to play right?

i am actually in the process right now or shopping for a nice used KTM450 for a friend of mine, people are NUTS!!!! Best deal ive found so far was a 2008 KTM450 in Vermillion for $4,000 going to take a look Friday at it. I just cant believe what they are going for. I picked up my 96 yz250 MINT with the warning sticlers still on it for 900 bones.. Sucks that it has come to this, but hey, gotta pay to play right?

Tom Ballinger has an 08KTM450 for sale. It is in great shape and I think he wants less than that...

Polack, I have no idea who that is? Contact information and where abouts hes located, I dont want to take a real far drive to pick anything up

Yeah ktm seems to sell a little more higher price. You think bike prices are had you should see what people want for a used quad. Now they are insane I'm sure something will pop up for you. My buddy has a 96 or 98 yz250 with trailer for like 800 I think if you want cheap.

Back