Used bike prices...holy crap...

The problem is all these dang yamaha/honda finance cards. You can just sign and ride man! The majority of people who buy bikes finance them and figure out hey I can't ride and won't be a pro like I thought I was gonna be, but i'll make the minimum payment for the rest of my life to keep that bike I bought after watching SX on tv two years ago.

The problem with used bike prices is financing new bikes? What?

And there are still plenty of deals out there. You just have to ignore the ads with outrageous prices. Some people are just dreaming and they will sit with their bike for sale for ages.

And there are still plenty of deals out there. You just have to ignore the ads with outrageous prices. Some people are just dreaming and they will sit with their bike for sale for ages.

+1......just because they are asking that does not mean they will get it. if someone wants to move a bike, they have got to be aggressive on the price.

Im saying people dont have 3 grand cash to buy a used 2 stroke. But they do have a pen to sign and ride at a dealership....So you got people upside down on bikes that probably weren't the best maintained and they want a ton of money for them....but what do I know, I voted D last presidential election and look where there got me.Gr.

I'm looking for a bike for this upcoming season. If I want a nice 450, I'm planning on at least 4 grand. If I want a nice 250 2 stroke, 2500 I'll bet. Back a few years ago, I used to buy 3 yr old 250f's for 1800 or less and 125's for 1000. Those days are gone, unless you're talking ancient junk bikes- and nobody wants those. I would like an older Cr250 02 & up, just to fix up and play on. If somones got one of those, let me know.

yea that 07 450, you'll probably hang onto that forever. You might be able to scrape 2500 for it. Sold my '05 in '10 for 2200 with 50 hours on it. 07-12 is the same age. And the frame isn't the newest generation. I've seen 09 450's with asking price of 35-3800 If you really want to move it I suggest hackin a grand off that.

I think my attraction factor/love appeal for the 2 stroke forces me to say its for sale for an insane price so nobody will offer on it. :)

I sold my '07 CRF 450 back in 2009 for $3200 I think...It was beat, but that was still 2 years ago.

Wow... I have not looked at bike prices in a while. I will probably have to lower it to sell it. Might ride it this year though. I bought it brand new in 2009.

Back