Good times at summit

MX315

PR Addict
Summit was sweet lastnite track pretty cool,Not many pros as the past Phillips was on the pipe lastnite someone 558 I think was flying also.....pit bikes have gone to a new level....what ever happen to Pud riding around in his underwear.....Now you need a 10,000 pit bike......Nice turnout crowd wise for the mount of snow friday and sat.....See ya all in feb...Its the OG of ALL indoors....

The other pro rider that was on it was Slusser. The 250 Pro class was crazy on the first start when Slusser and Carr came together. Glad to see both get back up and get right back out there.
Most of the pitbikes in the Open class were Piranhas from Wholesale Cycle and you can get one for under $2500.

Carr and Slusser both wanted that line and neither were gonna give it up. We were standing right infront of the crash. I saw them come over the first jump pretty much locked together, Chris went missing, then over the next jump, I watched Slusser and his bike snaged the fence and get spun around in the air. They're both lucky.

pit bikes have gone to a new level....what ever happen to Pud riding around in his underwear.....Now you need a 10,000 pit bike....

I will never understand why someone would dump that much into a pit bike.. hell you can buy a new 450 or 3 used ones for that price lol

My bad $2500.....lol that seems reasonable! I know there were some pricey ones there though.

Carr and Slusser got lucky as hell! I was standing facing that section and knew it was coming when Slusser ducked inside and Chris was committed to tripling in. Both were riding good though! I was standing next to Slussers mom I believe and after that she was a nervous wreck and explained to me why.. Dudes a tough kid apparently.. Hopefully he has some better luck and can stay off the ground..

The quad racing was ok, not nearly the pro turn out I figured though.. Everyone that carried speed after the start kinda seemed to run the same pace.. Whoever got the start obviously had the best chance to win.. lol.. Track packers.. (dont take offense 4 wheel kinda guys, I own one too).. Maybe next year I`ll go for the triathalon and race the 2 wheeler, the 4 wheeler, and a pit bike.

The pit bike stuff, some people can haul ass on those things, but you still get the drunk retarded g - string wearing guys racing stock pit bikes while overly intoxicated. I must be getting old, but I thought to myself, If I were a promoter, I wouldnt let that danger on the track.. Not only the beers flowing, but the nearly bare naked lower half so vulnerable to injury.. Not to mention the disgustingness of a dude in a freakin g string. Pud in his old days, the originator of the funny stuff, was pretty funny, but the stuff kids do to try to top Pud, its pretty stupid. No one can top Pud back in the day.

Summit still amazed me when it comes to the people it brings out.. The hard a***s who wanna fight track workers or even the people who got into it outside the doors.. Hell, I had a hard ass start talkin crap to a buddy and then he started talkin to me and I wasnt doing anything but standing on the wall watching every race! lol.. The best part of that was 3 chics put that douche in in place and he stayed in his little circle of butt buddies.. lol..

Overall, didnt seem like a BAD summit. Seemed to end alot earlier than normal too. They did a good job running a smooth program from what I could tell as a spectator.

Dude your assement of it all sounds like a circus to me, maybe take it at face value? Thats how indoors are for me. You always have a 50/40 value of seing something to talk about, but the rest of the time its business as usual.

The pit bike stuff, some people can haul ass on those things, but you still get the drunk retarded g - string wearing guys racing stock pit bikes while overly intoxicated. I must be getting old, but I thought to myself, If I were a promoter, I wouldnt let that danger on the track.. Not only the beers flowing, but the nearly bare naked lower half so vulnerable to injury.. Not to mention the disgustingness of a dude in a freakin g string. Pud in his old days, the originator of the funny stuff, was pretty funny, but the stuff kids do to try to top Pud, its pretty stupid. No one can top Pud back in the day.

Maybe a week ago somebody posted about the serious injury they were trying to recover from while racing a pit bike (while wearing proper gear) and I brought this up. Im serious believer in weeding these type idiots from the genepool, but when it happens at a public race event they become yet another negative statistic that gives the sport a black eye. The rules specify a minimum of safety gear for every other class. Why not pit bikes? The sport should have more dignity than to become an episode of "Jackass". Outside the building, right after their race those same idiots were flying around in the staging area, doing wheelies and donuts, dumping the bikes, and had little regard for who or what they nearly ran into.

I guess while I'm on the topic, I have to wonder about the parents who bring their kids and tell them to ride their scooters through the crowds, or the fact that its permitted. I only got ran into a few times this year. Should I even mention the little kid who crashed his 50cc bike into the fence on the upper deck near the refreshments?

I had a great time there, as I always do, but at the same time I can't help but wonder when the inevitable serious injury and lawsuit will happen because what should be simple common sense safety measures are not enforced. They do have a phone number posted in case somebody lights up a cigarette in there though.

It truly is a fun event, and I havent missed one in years, but I hate to see it ruined because of a few simple things that are so easily preventable.

"I had a great time there, as I always do, but at the same time I can't help but wonder when the inevitable serious injury and lawsuit will happen because what should be simple common sense safety measures are not enforced. They do have a phone number posted in case somebody lights up a cigarette in there though."

They all sign the waiver. (which I know doesn't mean jack) Back when pud did it, everyone wasn't really going that fast. Most of the guys were on stockers or a KLX110 witha 134 big bore. These guys are racing pitbikes with big big ignitions that rev to the moon and are so fast it's stupid.

they are stock 50's and didnt hurt anyone so i dont feel its a big deal, they should worry more about the Macan brothers who take atleast 3-4 people out throughout the weekend while racing and it even happened right in front of the scoring tower in the pit bike mod/open main event where he ran #897 right into a toughblock and the fence. and this isnt the first year there has been complaints of them taking people out. sure the race is for big money but still no reason to have to race dirty. GUESS THATS JUST MY OPINION.... and many others i kno. and they have also tried starting fights the past 2 years. MAYBE THE PROMOTERS SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO THAT!!!!!!!

They all sign the waiver. (which I know doesn't mean jack) Back when pud did it, everyone wasn't really going that fast. Most of the guys were on stockers or a KLX110 witha 134 big bore. These guys are racing pitbikes with big big ignitions that rev to the moon and are so fast it's stupid.

X3

Ehhhh. Yeah. The Summit pit bike race IS for some serious cash money. There ARE some serious bikes that race in the 12 inch Open race with some great riders. The 12 inch stock race is more about having fun, and captures alot more of the goon ridery of pit bikes. Some people get it, and some don't with pit bikes. Modding your minibike is an illness... there should be support groups for the afflicted... hahaha!

Problem is that while the stocker 110's may look stock-- you'll get smashed if your motor actually IS stock. The racing would be better, and more fun if they were though.

I kinda know better than to show up and race Summit. I'm a Vet rider, and there isn't a class for my whip anyway. I love riding and racing mini bikes-- but I can wait til spring. --L*64

We all know what summit is......A good time,sure some fights might happen...even great ones,Roman candle anyone...But yeah it was still a great time.Thats why all of us have been going for all these years.I love it,fast guys and slow guys awesome.Pit bikes should be in separate classes that's all....pros and goons! see y'all in feb for the next round.and no smoking in the building that's is so funny!!!!!!

We all know what summit is......A good time,sure some fights might happen...even great ones,Roman candle anyone...But yeah it was still a great time.Thats why all of us have been going for all these years.I love it,fast guys and slow guys awesome.Pit bikes should be in separate classes that's all....pros and goons! see y'all in feb for the next round.and no smoking in the building that's is so funny!!!!!!

I agree to that!

Is it just me or has the thrill of summit done down a bit over the last few years. All the classes were stacked, the building was packed with spectators, and excitement was through the roof! Money bike classes were packed with fast guys like the Shyrocks, Roman, Harbaugh, Hattery, Henry and many others, and those guys were cut throat come time for the mains. As long as summit is around I will attend, but it just doesn't feel like it used too..maybe I am just getting older..

But other wise Saturday was a good time, some really close racing in some classes. A few kids on the 50's and 65's on attendance were really moving out there. It was forsure a scary moment with Carr and Slusser tangled into the fence and it was good to see Slusser go talk to Chris about it after they both got up. Wayne and crew have that program running flawlessly so props to them!

Is it just me or has the thrill of summit done down a bit over the last few years. All the classes were stacked, the building was packed with spectators, and excitement was through the roof! Money bike classes were packed with fast guys like the Shyrocks, Roman, Harbaugh, Hattery, Henry and many others, and those guys were cut throat come time for the mains. As long as summit is around I will attend, but it just doesn't feel like it used too..maybe I am just getting older..

But other wise Saturday was a good time, some really close racing in some classes. A few kids on the 50's and 65's on attendance were really moving out there. It was forsure a scary moment with Carr and Slusser tangled into the fence and it was good to see Slusser go talk to Chris about it after they both got up. Wayne and crew have that program running flawlessly so props to them!

I think we're gettin old!! Pro class was low I assume due to Dayton running arenacross saturday night. I know thats where Henry and McDade were at. Hopefully feb. will bring in a few more riders to the pro class.

HD Video of Summit Pit Bike races now up!

Here are the KLX110 Stock class and the 12" open Pit Bike race videos for Summit 1-20-12 and 1-21-12. Check out all the action and see what everyone is talking about. Including Ryan Topovsky's crash in the 12" open class on 1-21-12 (last video at bottom)

Wholesale Cycle
www.Wholesale-Cycle.com
Piranha Pit Bikes

Summit Indoors is notorious for bringing out the absolute best and absolute worst in people!

The wreck between Matt Macan and Ryan Topovski happened the same way that the Chris Carr/Slusser wreck happened. Matt hugged the inside and Ryan went outside. I guess the bigger question would be "why was there a hay bale right there?" AND... I watched every lap of the Open $ pitbike races and the 450A classes in wich both Macan brothers raced. Neither Macan brother took anyone out all weekend long.

As far as someone seeing pitbikes goin "nuts" outside after the races. I watched 3 four-wheelers going wide-open in the parking lot Friday night for 5 minutes straight. So don't just label the pitbikes as the only culprits of having too much energy and not enough brains.

The two guys that had dresses on were in the stock/mod 50cc class. That is a very slow pitbike class with 9 total entries. There is nothing wrong with them circulating the track in the correct direction and popping wheelies. If someone has a problem with seeing a man in thong underwear or a man exposing too much skin, that person needs to either look away or report them to the police that are in the building during the races if they think its indecent.

Finally...2 things: #1. let's stop with the complaining about the events that take place at Summit. There are many more good things happening at that race than there are bad. We should be thankful to be able to race in the dead of winter!
#2. let's stop throwing out people's names on these forums. it makes the person throwing out names look as bad or worse, as in this case, than the people that are being "thrown under the bus". I'm sure everyone would like to know the name of the dad that punched out the window last year...but I try to keep it classy!

Back