Good times at summit

I just watched the vids. The pit bike races looked like fun. I wish you'd have a Vet class-- we coulda raced with/in front of the stock 110's in a staggered gate drop so it wouldn't screw up the stocker race, and it wouldn't waste any more time by adding a seperate race. We always talk about it-- maybe next year?

Anybody get the big bike Pro races on vid? ---L*64

Finally...2 things: #1. let's stop with the complaining about the events that take place at Summit. There are many more good things happening at that race than there are bad. We should be thankful to be able to race in the dead of winter!

I agree, the vast majority of the entire event is awesome. I'm not complaining, just making suggestions for improvement, and so that the few don't ruin it for the many as I've seen happen way too many times in other events. I havent missed one starting in 1998, and I hope to see it still around in 2018 or 2028. Some issues like pit racing, are hard to monitor, though they try. Questionable racing tactics can be hard to call. Other safety issues are simple and easy to enforce.

Wayne and crew always do an excellent job, and I have nothing but respect for them. I look forward to Feb. Summit!

[video=youtube;BymJSwDr1G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymJSwDr1G4[/video]

Soem day I'll trade this antique 8mm Camcorder in on a new HD digital model!

Hersh, while I completely agree with almost everything you said, I still think the dudes in man thongs isnt the brightest idea in the safety department or in the indecency area.. Not to metion rule 13 in the CRA Rulebook under technical and safety (imagine a nut sack caught in a chain while they were trying a no footed wheelie and loopin out and landin balls deep on the rear wheel lol), as well as number 17 under general rules.. Like I said, I must just be getting old.. lol..

Providing they had to pay for a CRA membership to even ride the pit bikes, one would assume they would need to follow the rule book..

I will give them one thing though.. That does bring a meaning to "ya gotta pay to play" because if they bought a CRA membership, paid entry fee and gate fee to do that, they blew a decent coin!

On the other hand, I looked up some mod 110's today for the first time in a while!

Again, all else I agree with, its Summit! Your first line says it all. lol..

Well Hersh funny u mention "the dad who punched the window" bc it was a drunk guy who fell off the blachers and stumbled head first into the window then ran out. so before u go "throwing people under the bus" get ur facts straight. ill argue all day about the Macan brothers. Sure matt's and Topovskys wreck saturday wasnt intended but how about friday's? or how about Chris last year wrecking 3-4 different people. I was a first hand witness to it all.

As far as I know-- you don't have to pay the CRA membership fees for pit bikes b/c there aren't any governing rules for them made by the CRA.

I've raced in the same race as, but not against the Macans-- combined classes. I never had a problem getting taken out by them. It's pit bikes, but it IS still a race. I don't think they'd take anybody out for the sake of taking somebody out... It's more that they're pretty burly, and have a more physical riding style than other guys. Some riders make passes that are smooth, some get in there and do the 'ol bump and grind I guess... haha! If I'm getting passed by a Macan-- I just hold my line, or go wide in a turn to give room. I'm not a grinder. --L*64

I had heard that the pit bike classes did have to pay for the membership. If I am wrong, I guess you can excuse most of my post because the rules wouldnt really apply. Wouldnt be the first time I've been wrong! lol. Actually I hope I am wrong, because what you said is right, which would mean theres NO reason to pay for a CRA membership to ride your pitbike..

Basically, my point is this, I think Summits great, The pitbike races are great. I would just hate to see everything shut down because some parent of a 18-20 year old kid sues somebody because their shhhwasted son rode a mini bike in a skirt and lost a testi and will not be able to make grand kids, or worse.. Would hate to see a heading on Akronnewsnow.com "insert caption here" kinda thing..

While they are not tied to CRA rules, because they are not a points paying class, they are tied to the promoter's rules who is really the one who bears ultimate liability on safety issues. The promoter will get sued, not the CRA. The promoter's rules on safety equipment generally mirror the CRA rules, or may be more stringent. Those people scoring a non-points race that doesnt require a CRA card are still CRA personnel, basically doing it free as a courtesy.

Event insurance compaies require certain safety precautions such as requiring certain gear (or not permitting certain machines deemed to be "dangerous"). If a promoter blatantly ignores the insurance company's requirements, they will drop then like a rock.

Waivers generally aren't worth the paper they are written on in court.

More people are destroyed by the cost of defending themsleves against lawsuits than actually losing them.

Here's my buddy racing money quad. Justin Hanusosky. I don't know how he rides those things so fast. I can't ever get any kind of comfort-in control feeling when I'm on a quad. But these guys know whats up

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VxA7fr89bPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/47b5nnP004w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 4 stroke

I didnt think Justin rode anymore. Doesnt look like he has slowed down too much.

We live probably 3 miles away from eachother in Madison and the crazy part about it is, he doesn't ride....ever! Does more drinking and shoeing horses than anything. Then he just randomly goes out and pops on the quad at like 3 races a year. Kid doesn't even practice. But he's just so damn smooth and fast! I think with the right program he could smoking Ole John Natalie.

another great weekend on the pitbikes ! idk why people cant just drop all the macan controversy , both r real cool dudes , very fast and are serious when it comes to finishing up front. The wreck with matt and taposky looked accidental and to me didnt even look like they hit each other. Some people dont realize how much matt actually trains and rides on that pirahna when he can. As far as the other macan i never had any issues with as well and seems like a good dude just like his brother. It's pitbikes on a small tight track and theres gonna be bumping and pushing , if u cant take it then stay off the gate. As for luckystar trying to get a vet class , chris sokol showed up on his bbr v3 and placed up front both nights with no issues and hes bout triple my age lol , so suck it up and run with everyone else !

Back