Supercross Main Dodger stadium 2012 - Trey Canard and Ryan Morais crashes out w/injuries.

Man Trey cannot catch a break. I think he caught a toughblock and couldn't triple out that first triple. It gobbled up RV after the restart too. Poor Jake he rode so well up front, we saw the JS take out move coming a mile away and we were yelling at the tv trying to warn him. Reed raced him hard and what a great win.

John, what would you have said if it was Stewart who took out canard? I think your jealous man. Seriously. You are jealous that all these guys have what you dont: Skill. But the fact that stewart is black and knows how to accept a tv deal to make money that just really pisses you off. I bet if you met stewart at a local track you would suck his d for some pointers.

I too think the move James put on Jake was douche move. Rarely ever do you see james run someone high to dry like that. Can anyone name the last person he took out besides Reed? James isn't a dirty rider and has always used his speed to get around guys, which without a problem James could have gotten around Wiemer fairly easy without pushing him high. Yeah yeah rubbins racing. But I think now James is just full of frustration. He's not the dominating force he used to be, and Chad passed him and checked out away from him, when was the last time that happened? So now he is resorting to cleaning people out that are in his way plain and simple. Im not a hater of JS7 nor am I huge fan of Wiemer. But to see an uncharacteristic take out move by James and take away a great ride from Wiemer is a shame. The racing is only going to get better if James continues to battle from podiums.

Everyone out there wants to win, and obliviously that class has more speed then ever before and James seems to be struggling with that. But you cant ever count him out. Once he gets that first win this season, the ball with start rolling for him. With a good clean start with a clear track, he could easily take it to the checkers provided its a mistake free 20 laps

All any one can say about RV is WOW! He is hauling right now but just needs to get those first lap mishaps under control. The point series would more then likely be different if he wasn't having problems on the opening lap!

He had a great first lap, right behind Dungey. I think he even past Dungey before the red flag came out.

Bummer to see those guys get hurt like that.

Life in the big city though -- accidents happen. I don't mean to downplay it, but really given the speed of the riders and the jumps it's surprising something like this doesn't happen more often on the first lap.

Will Canard come back from this or is he done?

Nah......I like Tyler. I just dont care for all the Hype of Bubba.......Big James, the whole reality TV series (everyone on it besides his mom, seemed to act like idiots half the time), etc. There are guys that dedicate their careers to racing, and those that dont. Bubba got to the point that he was more about Bubba and the "lifestyle" than Bubba the racer. As a motocross fan, I prefer the guy that trains and is focused to do one thing, race. Guys like RC, Reed, Canard, Dungey, RV......those guys are focused to race motocross. Even with his new job at JGR, he is gonna be moonlighting in a late model, then hopefully trucks. So while he is racing motocross at JGR, he is not totally focused on MX but cars and trucks also.
While Bubba is not one of my favorite riders, I really dont have the hate that most of you think I do.......I just dont think he is the guy that is focused to be the total MX package anymore. It started sliding about the time he got his TV show (which I have only seen parts of here and there, thought it was pretty stupid). And I do not feel he uses his head at times when in the pack, and rides like he is the only one on the track. Just my opinion........but I guess Barrington and Georgie dont think that anyone should have an opinion on different riders.
you continue to bash him week in and week out. even in threads that arent about him. and just because he may be over the whole MX deal, who cares? its his life. he has won everything there is to win multiple times. why does that deserve hatred towards him?

I think and see the AMA going to a first lap double only approach some day. Hate to see these guys careers be over or even death that could be prevented.

John, what would you have said if it was Stewart who took out canard? I think your jealous man. Seriously. You are jealous that all these guys have what you dont: Skill. But the fact that stewart is black and knows how to accept a tv deal to make money that just really pisses you off. I bet if you met stewart at a local track you would suck his d for some pointers.

Are you kidding me.....Jealous of Bubba? I am 42 years old, been riding for 38 of those years, totally comfortable with my speed and my life. I am not jealous of Bubba. Just a SX/MX fan with an opinion. But trust me, I do not let Bubba or any other reality TV star piss me off..LOL. But that is funny.

Anyone see Dean Wilson Wilson "take out"/pass Max Anste in "famed dodger stadium"? His pass was worse than Bubba's on Weimer! I think the reason I dont see Bubba's pass as a complete and utter irresponsible move by JS7 is because he didnt completely under control, there was nothing accidental about it. Nothing reckless or dangerous really about it. Just a good block pass. We have seen far worse from Bubba.

All this bashing on Stewart when really you watch his pass on Weimer it was a good pass and in all reality Weimer had to have heard him and seen his front wheel in there i think he just tried to ride on the edge which those guys do often and it did not work out for him. It almost looks like he got in some loose dirt and his front end pushed. Its racing that stuff happens.

Good pass in my book, Neither rider was going to let off, cause well, their pros and they dont let off.. If anything KNOWING JS was on his butt why in the HELL would you go high and leave the door WIDE OPEN to be block passed, thats racing bro, hands down just racing or umm " scrubbing paint " lol..

As far as JS haters, not sure how you could hate him hes done everything, won just about everything.. You cant tell me given the offer you wouldnt take a TV deal for a few extra million or whatever it is that he was paid for it, come on now were human, and love money period. Tons of guys have been on TV, guess John has never seen the " the Moto" ( a fantastic view on the world of motocross ) does that mean because they were on TV they suck to? Think about it, obviosuly John, being the age you are NOW you think the whole TV thing is dumb but as JS age would you? Pretty sure you would take the money, cars, TV show, etc. etc. Hes a young kid like myself. JS is no KW, and never will be lol. But he is a fantastic racer and still has some gas left in the tank IMO

In other news, sheesh that crash was NASTY but of course ****ty CBS did terrible coverage on it and barley touched on it even though those are BOTH bad bad injuries.. I hope they are back soon i LOVE watching Canard ride, dude is a natural and it just doesnt seen to me he has to put much effort into looking so smooth, speedy recovery to both riders!

38 years? I bet you're a beast. If not, you should quit. Anything you do for almost 4 decades you should be a beast at. Why haven't I seen you out there with stewy showing him you putting your money where your mouth is. You talk so much crap you would think you would go out there and qualify and show him whats up. So, show him whats up, I'll be watching live. At least drive to indy an show him whats up, SHOW HIM how a real man rides.

Uh, John250 said he's happy with his speed. The guy works for a living! I don't think it's anything about jealousy relative to speed or john wishing he had stewarts riding ability...

Travis Pastrana fell into the TV show crazy lifestyle show world before Bubba did. And everyone LOOVVES TP.

Uh, John250 said he's happy with his speed. The guy works for a living! I don't think it's anything about jealousy relative to speed or john wishing he had stewarts riding ability...

Travis Pastrana fell into the TV show crazy lifestyle show world before Bubba did. And everyone LOOVVES TP.
john when you start being a working girl? Lol six one whatever, why you jump on john?
Have to say the move was one Reed would've used if he felt the need. So I don't knock bubba for it. I miss when taking out the front wheel on a guy was part of every race.

Georgie I don't think I can live without "TP"... lol oh you meant Travis...

615.....I am totally ok with the success i have had in life. Was never a A rider, but a decent B rider. Did the LL thing a couple times.........did not do that well there. Injuries hampered me. I have a great family, wife, kids, good job, get to race and ride for pleasure........and watch my son become a racer too. I am totally good with my life........hey, thanks for asking.

38 years? I bet you're a beast. If not, you should quit. Anything you do for almost 4 decades you should be a beast at. Why haven't I seen you out there with stewy showing him you putting your money where your mouth is. You talk so much crap you would think you would go out there and qualify and show him whats up. So, show him whats up, I'll be watching live. At least drive to indy an show him whats up, SHOW HIM how a real man rides.

why is everyone getting so worked up lol, this is petty stuff compared to other sports fans.. people have an opinion and are entitled to it like every other sports fan, making things personal is lame..

I've seen far worse block passes in the 30+ B class in D11.

I hope Trey and Ryan are alright! My prayers go out to them and their families!

The new GoPro footage posted on Racer X has James Stewart's helmet cam of the Weimer "takeout" from Jame's point of view on it posted here. Looking at that, it seems that James was making a text book Block pass in a SX Bowl Turn. I would have done the same exact thing as James in that situation...... looked like a racing incident to me. Check it out here:

http://www.racerxonline.com/2012/01/25/gopro-hd-la-supercross

Looks to me like JS used Weimer as a berm in the helmet cam footage. JS was headed straight for the tuff blocks when Weimer was already taking the turn. Not to say that JS would have went over the turn. I'm sure he would have been fine. I guess it's just hard to watch "the fastest man on the planet" need to do that to an up and comer to make a pass.

Yes, this debate is a never ending one. Everyone has their opinion. I don't see the need for the childish crap either.

Back