Ralphie Shaheen's Idiotisms.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Ok I can't take it anymore. I hate Shaheen, he's a garbage announcer. No accountability, he's like a weatherman. Doesn't have to be right even when he's announcing apparently. FIIIRRREE THIS GUY, STAY TO YOUR CAR RACING SHAHEEN. God this guy is terrible, there are so many other great announcers (Rob Buydos) that would put him to SHAME. I think I could do a better job and i'm not even that good!

"Reed takes the lead (he's not in the lead)" after he passed Stewart for 2nd. Obviously Stewart is always winning right?

"Whipping the 'rear ends' and flying high here in Dodger stadium."

"A rider really wanted to get a good start but got left in the gate."

"Weimer and Stewart coming together, and Stewart moving through."

"James took him (Weimer) as high as he could, without really getting into him didn't he?" (what, they HIT eachother moron??)

"I think he's in better mental shape than he is in physical shape and he's in extremely good physical shape." Why can't you say he's mentally sound, or tough? Maybe try politics ralphie.

He just announced at one point DM was running 6th, but it took him a little while to figure out what place Hansen was in (right behind DM). "DM having a decent night in 6th and then there's Hansen running in aahhh…….seventh."

Now for the remainder of the Season, feel free to post up his Idiotisms. (Past, present and what will he say in the future?)

Am I the only one who hates this guy???

I get tired of hearing "now the battle for X position rages on", and the riders are nowhere near each other.

Ralph is a MORON,enough said!

I wish they would put Jason Weigandt with Emig,he knows waaay more about the sport and I think he does a good job...

I also hate the "An FIM World Championship...." blah blah blah talk.

O, and making it out to be some huge deal that they are at "historic Dodger Stadium". Who cares, it's SX!

It does seem that Shaheen is permabonded to Stewart's butt. I am surprised that no comments have been made about the track "being alive". Then again, Daytona hasn't raced yet.

Am I the only one who hates this guy???

Not by a long shot...
In a way I am so glad J-Law is gone. Ralphs' Man crush for him just made me hurl...
Among all the other a fore mentioned irritants on this thread.

And nothing about this reply is sarcastic this time Georgie. So don't hurt yourself. LOL!

Sometimes its like you gotta wonder if he's watching the race or just kinda watching the race between other distractions?
He does better at the road racing than MX or SX but even then he seems to come up with some pretty off the wall comments.

i heard him say something like "oh man villopoto with a bad start, he doesn't have any chance now!" .... and then he moves up to 4th, battling for a podium spot.

Ralph is absolutely numbing... i hate him more with each week.... i wish it was like pittsburgh football, where i could mute the TV and turn on 102.5 WDVE to announce the game...

Replace Ralph with Dave Despain........The guy has been around motorcycles and motorcycle racing his whole life.....he lives and breathes motorcycles and would be a great replacement to sit in between RC and Emig and direct the conversation.

Bring back the Canadian guys! Man they'd get so excited about the mid-pack battles. Ralph is actually less annoying in AMA supersport and superbike. Jason is doing Arenacross I thought. Anyone else like Leigh Diffey when he fills in?

While we're couch coaching, can we throw out Erin with the bath water too? Just put a mic on one of the monster girls. Hard charging all the way to the finish, back to you Ralph.

Replace Ralph with Dave Despain........The guy has been around motorcycles and motorcycle racing his whole life.....he lives and breathes motorcycles and would be a great replacement to sit in between RC and Emig and direct the conversation.

Dave Despain would be great. He's got that Art Eckman-like tone.

Another idiotism: "Those two riders are scrubbing paint." (pull my hair out please.)

Another idiotism: "Those two riders are scrubbing paint." (pull my hair out please.)[/QUOTE]

ha, my father and I were watching the race yesterday when he said that, this is mx not nascar. And bring back Art Eckman, I grew up watching him commentate the supercross in the 90's.

Another one Shaheeeeen is known for that makes me want to punch the dude is "the 21st rider.... THE TRACKKKKK"

dave despain used to announce when the races where on espn2 & art eckman was'nt much better than ralphie!!! i say lets have the goat,showtime & the hurricane do the announcing!!!!

How about in the lites today, when Ralph mentioned some rider on the KTM, and Emig is like that bike is red, so its Honda. Or when claims Musqin crashes into the toughblock. He never touched it. Hell, I bet somebodys grandma in the back of the stands saw that.

Also in the lites.... they are talking suspension and Emig mentions settinggs for different conditions, how tough it can be to get it set for traction vs tough hits and g-outs. Ralaph says " to explain g-outs for the people thats when the bike rockets out of a corner and the bike slams hard out of it, thats a g-out" Seriously Ralph ? Emig says " uhh yeah " But Im sure he is thinking Ralph is an idiot !

shaheen makes me almost not want to even watch the race. the one thing that he says that just drives me up the wall is when he tries to be like art eckman when he says "and their bar to bar!" thats eckmans trademark statement, no one says or will ever say it like him. yes dave despain would be good, even jason weigand would be good. a hell of a lot better than ralph. id be happy with just emig and carmichael, haha. and this coverage on CBS? they show the first heat, highlights of the second heat to get to interview with villopoto and brag that dungey won on a KTM? and the main event they go to commercials? come on!!!!

Ok I was watching lites moto's last night and i could swear on it heard shaheen say at the start of moto 2 "and davalos on his suzuki SQUIRTS into the lead?"

Back