Stupid flywheel

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I was just gonna leave the damn thing on but my boyesen clutch doesn't clear the stealhly 9 oz weight.

Someobdy pm'd me like a few months ago and said they had the tools to remove it. If you could shoot me another message I'd appreciate it!

I don't want it anyway. I want the snap. That weight takes it away. I have good enough throttle control where I think I don't need something to mellow out an engine. My wrist will put the power to the ground, not the damn flywheel.

Huff puff. Huff puff. Thanks for the advice though Greg, lol.

i wouldnt use one either. i didnt have one on mine and it was plenty enough manageable and i had an fmf pipe/silencer and went 1 up on my rear sprocket. its just so touchy compared to a 4 stroke, your first ride on a 250 your like holy crap need to calm it down, but after a day you're plenty used to it and can control it.

George, I did have the tool "a while back", but I sold my FW Weight and the Steahly tool to remove / install said weight. I am sure someone else on here has one.

George, I did have the tool "a while back", but I sold my FW Weight and the Steahly tool to remove / install said weight. I am sure someone else on here has one.

Was there a plastic insert tool for the Cyl head to stop the crank from turning?

e-3_large.jpg

$9.95…..From Steahly

Or, put the bike in gear and have a buddy step on the brake…

I used something close to Marc's second option: I placed a tire iron through the spokes (at the nipple to minimize the chances of a spoke snapping or bending) and made sure the tire iron contacted both sides of the swingarm. Put it in gear and the crankshaft is immobilized, once all the driveline lash tightens up.

Re-install is reverse of removal.

in gear and having someone stomp on the brake works fine. i wouldnt be shoving anything in my spokes lol. just my 2 cents

Can't you just use an impact gun to spin it off? Or is the YZ different? On the RM, I just remove the flywheel nut, slip the weight on the crankshaft like a washer, and put the nut back on. Lickity-split

I have those tools. I needed that specialty tool Marc lined. And the stahly flywheel comes with he took. But the joker I bought bike off lost it.

Back