Stupid flywheel

Color me confused, the tool I posted is everything I needed to pull my flywheel.

Oh well, GL!
This is what is on my bike. I'm not trying to take the stock flywheel off. I'm taking an aftermarket one off. I need the long tool that stretches across both set screw holes so I can get it off...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 182
This is what is on my bike. I'm not trying to take the stock flywheel off. I'm taking an aftermarket one off. I need the long tool that stretches across both set screw holes so I can get it off...

Looks like you could make that tool pretty easy.
Flat peice of steel drill two holes bolt it to the fly wheel Weld a good size nut in the middle hit it with a inpact.
I pretty sure that is what the tool looks like.

You could also buy a spanner wrench that will fit in the out side holes... but i think i would make the same thing Tom said if i was doing it.

Also make sure there are no locking set screws located on the outer edge of the flywheel.
And yes the Home Made Dealio will work, flat steel, drill two holes, bolts with nuts to hold on flat steel, and weld a nut in middle 5/8 ish.

WARNING:
Be careful the bolts do not protrude past the thickness of the flywheel or you will damage the stator underneath the flywheel.

I have the original instructions. And yes there are hex screws on the outside. I just ordered the wash plate and nut that the steahly replaces.

Now it's just a matter of taking it off. I do wish I had the fabricating tools at my disposal. But my tools are limited as I just bought a house. Give me 10 years and I'll have a quarter of what pit and Cameron have! :)

Back