Gainesville?

majorKAP

PR Addict
Anybody going next month? I'm on I-75 and I have room for a couple more bikes in my trailer.

Got the CZ ready earlier today. Still have a little post-vintage RM work to do.

DSC06580.jpg

DSC06573.jpg

DSC06567.jpg

DSC06565.jpg

DSC06562.jpg

DSC06563.jpg

DSC06586.jpg

DSC06579.jpg

I'm thinking about it. I tried it last year but burned up a clutch trying to cope with the tight sections. I hope to ride several of the CC events this year as they seem to provide more bang for the buck.

No Fla. for our crew this year . The CZ looks great , Karl . Especially with that #1 plate on it ! I'm not up on CZ knowledge ; is that an aftermarket swingarm ?

Not going this year. Just been more into the modern bikes and chasing LL the last couple seasons.

No Fla. for our crew this year . The CZ looks great , Karl . Especially with that #1 plate on it ! I'm not up on CZ knowledge ; is that an aftermarket swingarm ?

Yep. It's one that Charlie Richardson offers from CR High Performance. He makes a nice one in aluminum as well. Kinda wish I had sprung for it.

These pics show one of them on Keith Boyd's bike, from Wapakoneta OH. He won the 60+ Intermediate title with it. Then, he sold it to a guy in Mississippi. That guy loaned it to me at Barber last October. It flies.

DSC06034.jpg

DSC06031.jpg

dirt2.jpg

It's really amazing how far bikes have come. I wonder what they'll look like 20 years from now.

Did any of you older vets ever imagine that bikes could be what they are today ?

Actually I think progress and innovation has slowed WAYYYYYYY down from its peak in the 80’s…
Unfortunately, the sport can’t afford all the possibilities…

I have probably mentioned it on here before , but.... the year at the MidOhio AHRMA race when they had all the former pro champs ( Lackey , Weinert , Smith , Johnson , DeSoto , etc. ) riding member's loaner bikes like their championship machines , I happened to overhear one of them ( Can't remember which . ) say " That thing is better than my d@*n factory works bike was in '74 ! " .

77 YZ 125 , 77 Yamaha Jersey worn by Dad , 14 year old son riding it and wearing it 34 years later...Priceless!cid_77125.jpg

This year Jack and I will be squaring off in Intermediate 250 Post-vintage on the RM 250's at Mid-ohio. I need to get some speed to beat him. This may be my last gasp to keep pace with him. Wou;ld nt that be awesome if we were on the podium together. Oh .....and John was on there too. ( Mosher in close 4th ,Mooch in close 5th)LOL

Wish I was headed for Gatorback next weekend.

Bummed as I should be getting all the T's (Toy Hauler, Tahoe & Toys...slew of Maicos & Honda) all ready for Florida next weekend but
instead am try to heal up from now 2 auto accidents as I got rear ended pretty hard at a stop sign 2 weeks ago.

Good luck to those going,
Maico Mark (No Maico-Break-O, only the rider...)

Back