Gainesville?

majorKAP

PR Addict
Anybody going next month? I'm on I-75 and I have room for a couple more bikes in my trailer.

Got the CZ ready earlier today. Still have a little post-vintage RM work to do.

DSC06580.jpg

DSC06573.jpg

DSC06567.jpg

DSC06565.jpg

DSC06562.jpg

DSC06563.jpg

DSC06586.jpg

DSC06579.jpg

majorKAP

PR Addict
I'm thinking about it. I tried it last year but burned up a clutch trying to cope with the tight sections. I hope to ride several of the CC events this year as they seem to provide more bang for the buck.

halffast

PR Elite
No Fla. for our crew this year . The CZ looks great , Karl . Especially with that #1 plate on it ! I'm not up on CZ knowledge ; is that an aftermarket swingarm ?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Not going this year. Just been more into the modern bikes and chasing LL the last couple seasons.

majorKAP

PR Addict
No Fla. for our crew this year . The CZ looks great , Karl . Especially with that #1 plate on it ! I'm not up on CZ knowledge ; is that an aftermarket swingarm ?

Yep. It's one that Charlie Richardson offers from CR High Performance. He makes a nice one in aluminum as well. Kinda wish I had sprung for it.

These pics show one of them on Keith Boyd's bike, from Wapakoneta OH. He won the 60+ Intermediate title with it. Then, he sold it to a guy in Mississippi. That guy loaned it to me at Barber last October. It flies.

DSC06034.jpg

DSC06031.jpg

dirt2.jpg

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
It's really amazing how far bikes have come. I wonder what they'll look like 20 years from now.

Did any of you older vets ever imagine that bikes could be what they are today ?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Actually I think progress and innovation has slowed WAYYYYYYY down from its peak in the 80’s…
Unfortunately, the sport can’t afford all the possibilities…

halffast

PR Elite
I have probably mentioned it on here before , but.... the year at the MidOhio AHRMA race when they had all the former pro champs ( Lackey , Weinert , Smith , Johnson , DeSoto , etc. ) riding member's loaner bikes like their championship machines , I happened to overhear one of them ( Can't remember which . ) say " That thing is better than my d@*n factory works bike was in '74 ! " .

beenridin

PR Elite
77 YZ 125 , 77 Yamaha Jersey worn by Dad , 14 year old son riding it and wearing it 34 years later...Priceless!cid_77125.jpg

beenridin

PR Elite
This year Jack and I will be squaring off in Intermediate 250 Post-vintage on the RM 250's at Mid-ohio. I need to get some speed to beat him. This may be my last gasp to keep pace with him. Wou;ld nt that be awesome if we were on the podium together. Oh .....and John was on there too. ( Mosher in close 4th ,Mooch in close 5th)LOL

mx049

PR Elite
Wish I was headed for Gatorback next weekend.

Bummed as I should be getting all the T's (Toy Hauler, Tahoe & Toys...slew of Maicos & Honda) all ready for Florida next weekend but
instead am try to heal up from now 2 auto accidents as I got rear ended pretty hard at a stop sign 2 weeks ago.

Good luck to those going,
Maico Mark (No Maico-Break-O, only the rider...)