Looking for a crf450r

talonrunner18

PR Addict
Little maintenance goes along way! Bets rebuilding it every year. It is due for a crank. Has 120 psi so cylinder is ready too.

Jon16

PR Founding Father
I change oil every 2 rides, and air filter every ride in my 09 crf 450. And I'd guess my crank let loose around 80 hrs. I don't know how hard you ride your bike Talon, but it sounds like you should either buy something now, or change that crank! It's a lot cheaper than the $1500 I spent to fix mine.

Noob
I have a vet ridden crf 450 06 that has been lightly used, never raced... has barely been ridden in last 3 to 4 years.. very good shape... just sittin in the garage.. call 740-344-9155 and ask for Keith

baxterj787

PR Addict
@talonrunner: A compression test on any 4T with autodecomp is next to meaningless, considering the autodecomp holds one exhaust valve open on purpose. The engine will never generate much compression with one valve hanging slightly open.

A leakdown test will be much more conclusive. Still in all, 120 hours is a long time and a testament to good air filter maintenance and good oil. Keep up the good work.

talonrunner18

PR Addict
Funny you say that because I wondered same thing. I figured at some point of the compression stroke the exhaust valve has to close. My gauge holds the highest number read.

John250

PR Founding Father
Well, I also am looking for a 450. I also have around a $3000 budget, I also would like an '08 or '09. But , unlike JMoore, I'll take a YZF, or KTM, or KXF along with a CRF. In fact, I'm also looking at a Husky TC450 too. Unfortunately, I always seem to get boned when it comes to buying used as I end up paying too much for junk. I've been looking on craigslist all over PA,WV, KY, IN and OH and there isn't alot unless you want to pay $4k or more.

Don I would love to sell you my YZ 450.......in that ballpark of a price. I am looking to upgrade a few years. Not doing anything at the moment though. I will keep you in mind, and when I decide to do something I will let you know. But at this rate, unless I come across a deal some where I might be on my all this season. I am definietly doing something after this season though. My bike is as good as any out there condition wise.

JMOORE330

PR Addict
Well, I also am looking for a 450. I also have around a $3000 budget, I also would like an '08 or '09. But , unlike JMoore, I'll take a YZF, or KTM, or KXF along with a CRF. In fact, I'm also looking at a Husky TC450 too. Unfortunately, I always seem to get boned when it comes to buying used as I end up paying too much for junk. I've been looking on craigslist all over PA,WV, KY, IN and OH and there isn't alot unless you want to pay $4k or more.

Get ahold of Jared Meister bud. I am going to look at an 09 saturday for a lil more than i want to spend but i think itl b worth it. Good luck to u. And an fyi craigslist was absoluley no help to me lol. Thats why this post is on here

firedan

PR Addict
Craigslist is a joke anymore. I drove to Toledo and then to Canton within 4 days to look at junk. Talked to people on the phone before I left and they tell me "it's in great shape" Well their idea of great shape is different from mine that's for sure. Wheel bearings shot, broken rim, rims look like they've been putting tires on with barbed wire. One bike had oil all over the motor and I asked what it's coming from. He tells me there is a bad gasket. They didn't even wash their bikes before I looked at them. I'm looking for a 250 2 stroke 05-07 YZ KX RM. Let me know if anyone knows of a clean one out there. Thanks

Meister

PR Founding Father
I have come across quite a few nice bikes on there.. Of course you come across junk and the guys who bought bikes to rip up farm fields who think theyve got a killer race bike, but ive seen a few real nice looking yamahas and hondas.. I just need my bike gone and then ill really hunt for one. I usually use searchtempest.com if I know exactly what im looking for. Quick way to search all craigslist adds within a certain amount of miles from your zip. Works pretty well. Finding a few nice ones in PA and MI.

663dad

PR Addict
Craigslist is a joke anymore. I drove to Toledo and then to Canton within 4 days to look at junk. Talked to people on the phone before I left and they tell me "it's in great shape" Well their idea of great shape is different from mine that's for sure. Wheel bearings shot, broken rim, rims look like they've been putting tires on with barbed wire. One bike had oil all over the motor and I asked what it's coming from. He tells me there is a bad gasket. They didn't even wash their bikes before I looked at them. I'm looking for a 250 2 stroke 05-07 YZ KX RM. Let me know if anyone knows of a clean one out there. Thanks

Middletown cycle has a clean low our 2005 yz 250 call 513 422-5471

PR Addict
I am planning on selling my 09 crf450 next month. Bought it in July 2010 from original owner who had less than 30 minutes on it. Bike probably has around 40 hrs on it now. Raced one time, Vet Ridden, Well Maintained, Excellent condition. Bike is all stock. Works connection skid plate, radiator braces and oil filter guard. Going to Georgia to ride for a couple days in March than I was going to sell it. Might sell it now for $3800 if someone is really interested. 330-883-4790

washel157

PR Addict
I just sold my 09 CRF450 for $3,800 with a fresh engine rebuild and a crap ton of extra parts to go wit it. Plus it had a lot of bolt on parts. I definatly like my new YZ450 a lot more.

JMOORE330

PR Addict
Thanks to everyone who replyd to this post, and BORNHORST if i would have seen ur post 4 days ago i would have probably picked it up just for the price. BUT i went and picked up the 2009 CRF450R. It has only 17 original hrs on it, i knew the guy who owned it. A few small upgrades, asv levers, throttle tube, pro fork bleeders, stupid graphics, and an hr meter. I went a lil over budget but i rode it yesterday and i now love fuel injection and for 3500 it was very hard to pass up.

426280_10150559398178099_648208098_9096300_633091097_n.jpg

Jason145

PR Addict
congrats on the bike, sounds like you got a decent deal and you know the history of the bike which is half the battle buying used. Once again congradulations