Neck Braces???

I fractured my neck back in october wearing a evs evo brace, underwent my second surgery this week!! I was not paralyzed in the accident Unnamed.jpg

Weimer must have given his money back to Atlas cuz he was back to wearing his Astars bear trap at San Diego. McGrath is supposedly Atlas`s spokesperson and he won`t even wear one. Just sayin....

Anyone ever think that the pros dont wear one because they think they dont need too? They dont wear chest protectors either that could possibly keep them from having a shoulder injury. I think the only one that does is KW.......RV wears a small one I think.

I fractured my neck back in october wearing a evs evo brace, underwent my second surgery this week!! I was not paralyzed in the accidentView attachment 4837

I was in the same moto when your accident happened. I will be honest, I think a little diferently now about riding and racing. (especially after seeing your picture, and hearing of some of what you have gone through).

I love the sport, and I love to race but I'm beginning to weigh the risks in my mind.
You got hit on a blind jump. I broke my leg at the same track 12 mos. earlier on a blind jump. (landed on a downed rider).

I'm gonna spend the rest of my days riding a little easier, safer and keeping it fun.

Not a game this Moto….it’s Real.
Brother Jason, we understand, empathize with the situation and cherish your commitment.
NQ, Ride on …. Eyes wide open, grin on face….Ride-on!
<O:p

Not a game this Moto….it’s Real.
Brother Jason, we understand, empathize with the situation and cherish your commitment.
NQ, Ride on …. Eyes wide open, grin on face….Ride-on!
<o:p
Thanks Sharc, i was hesitant on posting this picture but i thought it was fitting for the thread. This was my first year wearing neck protection and theres no way of knowing the outcome if i wasnt wearing one! This was just a riding/racing accident and hopefully with the second surgery i will be able to ride again another day(for the fun of the sport). If not i will just build a bike and sell it and start over

</o

Damn! I just saw this thread! We're back on this again? We all know the short of it-- it's the same old "let us know what kind of crash you're going to have, and we'll build you a brace to protect you".

IMO-- protective gear IS something to be talked about, but more focus ought to be put on avoiding the accidents that the braces are there to protect in the first place. I've often thought that a track could be built that's challenging, fun, inventive, and twice as safe as most of what's out there.

I know it's just a CRA track-- but since they redid Amherst, I've heard nothing but how much the riders like it, and they have seen a dramatic drop in injuries at their races. It's just one example I know of in the area where safety has been improved w/o taking the fun out of the track. ---L*64

I can agree with you NQ. I hang out with Barrington314 quite a bit, and while it doesn't freak me out anymore, it's a constant reminder. I was always fairly good at not pushing my limits, not riding on the edge to much, and being as safe as I can be, but I do even more now.

I was in the same moto when your accident happened. I will be honest, I think a little diferently now about riding and racing. (especially after seeing your picture, and hearing of some of what you have gone through).

I love the sport, and I love to race but I'm beginning to weigh the risks in my mind.
You got hit on a blind jump. I broke my leg at the same track 12 mos. earlier on a blind jump. (landed on a downed rider).

I'm gonna spend the rest of my days riding a little easier, safer and keeping it fun.

Back