First Test -- KTM 450SXF Factory Edition

looks sooo sweeet but ya 10k is a bit much. being that its such a limited quantity i dont see many dealers being able/willing to work much on that price either.

I'd be interested in seeing what all the parts out of the "hard parts" catalogue would cost to build your own starting from a leftover basic model next year....

Now that KTMs are rated on top in handling, I see no reason that I won't own one at some point again. Heck, they are so good now that Rocket had to switch away from them to keep riding weird bikes!

Now that KTMs are rated on top in handling, I see no reason that I won't own one at some point again. Heck, they are so good now that Rocket had to switch away from them to keep riding weird bikes!

hahahaha

and karl idk. I wonder the same thing. I like how they said it was a new gripper seat or whatever, but its the same ktm hard parts seat i just put on my bike lol.

That's true......... I march to the beat of a different drummer and when KTM's become cool and people want them......... it's time to move on! Anyone got a lead on a Beta, Gas Gas, or TM? The Husaberg might even be too mainstream for me.

I'd be interested in seeing what all the parts out of the "hard parts" catalogue would cost to build your own starting from a leftover basic model next year....

That might not be doable, they said the engine is new and so is the frame from the ground up.

What is probably more doable for the average Joe is to wait until the 2013 KTM SXF 450 comes out in September and buy it then for less.... as that's what next year's bike will be.

That's true......... I march to the beat of a different drummer and when KTM's become cool and people want them......... it's time to move on! Anyone got a lead on a Beta, Gas Gas, or TM? The Husaberg might even be too mainstream for me.

Im all about the TM's. Ride my boss's 02 250MX time to time. If they were easier to import i'd have one. They are handmade and everything.

I like that purdy Husaberg you ride dsepite what the haters say lol. I love them and would love to have mid 90's MX Berg to add to my collection.

That bike is awesome. Wish I had one, and I have always been a yamaha guy.

I can see Rocket on a Husky......I think he would look perfect on the track on one. Rocket Jr. could get one of the new Husky 65s to go with it.

I've had a bad experience with Husky's so I doubt I'd go there again. Actually, I like the Husaberg a lot and will be staying on it for this year for sure! I wish it had a bit more power, but it's good handling for sure.

You should probably just find a canondale, the one with the chain drive on the wrong side...rebuild that, race it. Then rave about it!

Mx Motorsports in Zanesville sells Beta, Gas Gas & KTM's. The owners son is a factory Beta rider in GNCC & National Enduro's. They are good people to work with.

Sweet Bike!

If my back was any good that would make a good Birthday present to myself in a few weeks.

Wonder what one of these would be worth in 25 or 30 years if you bought one for an investment & left it in the crate?

Sweet Bike!

If my back was any good that would make a good Birthday present to myself in a few weeks.

Wonder what one of these would be worth in 25 or 30 years if you bought one for an investment & left it in the crate?

I guess it depends on what is legal in AHRMA at that point in time! But my guess is that at some point in the future fuel injection will be a cut off point for class groupings and this won't make it as the first KTM 450 with FI. The regular 2012 model will be sought after as the last of the carbureted bikes.

If they are only making 500 I think the will end up costing more than the MSRP. Remember when the new GT 500s came out and you could not touch one for less than twice the MSRP? I know its a car and this is a bike but with only 500 being offered..

Back