First Test -- KTM 450SXF Factory Edition

The new KTM quads in super high demand in 08 and people paid way over retail to have one. I would think it would be the same case with the Works 450's.

If they are only making 500 I think the will end up costing more than the MSRP. Remember when the new GT 500s came out and you could not touch one for less than twice the MSRP? I know its a car and this is a bike but with only 500 being offered..

Same deal with the 150sx. People were paying over retail to get them because they didn't make many.

It does looke sweet. Sounds well designed and I like to hear engine longevity. Especially for that kind of $$$$!!! I draw the line at what I pay for a bike I use to thrash in the dirt though. It's funny that I all hear is how bikes are to "expensive" now and everyones going back to "2 strokes", ...........but put some sweet redbull graphics on KTM, redesign it top to bottom, and call it a "works" model and everyones chomping at the bit! Yes I did see the works parts and sure it's loaded lol. It is a step up from your standard model no question.

I can see why some would want it, I want it too! I also want to be able to afford riding/racing for years to come. With people willing to pay this price for a dirtbike we do it to ourselves! Everyone was hyped on the 350 too...I guess I just miss the days where 5 6 grand got you a new bike. Those days are gone! lol

The KTM has some sweet stuff on it.

Plus think about what most people do to a 8 grand plus for a 450 out the door....not too soon before that pop another 2 grand for pipe & silencer, decals,
suspension & so the KTM may be a good deal if you can even find one as they will go fast....almost bet they are all sold already.

These remind me of the 74-1/2 Maico GP's that still bring 6 to 8 grand today.

Many are going back to the 2 strokers for the fun & $$$$ factor.

Back