chad reed

Bad news regarding Chad Reed just came out via his twitter.

Official tweet from Chad:
Well I spent the day in the hospital yesterday here's the damage.. 2 broken ribs, broken spinous T6. Torn ACL and fractured tib fib

Yikes! Very sad for him. Season is over, not just hope he can fully recover from all that ok.

OUCH ! That is just terrible, he had RV covered that night too ! Hopefully it isnt a career ending injury...mentally that is.

Here comes the run away season for RV2

oh man, that's horrible. He was having such a good season, and I loved watchin him and RV battle it out. i wish him a full recovery

Man, that really stinks! I agree with the RV run away. Not going to be nearly as entertaining as it has been. Lites are still exciting though.

whered everyone hear he was almost done? i dont rememberr hearing that anywhere and that will suck. hes the only one i genuinely root for. everyone else is whatever.

Any chance he would give someone a ride for the rest of the season? That would be cool for him to give someone a chance.

Bummer as CR was running very well & going to miss seeing him in the mix.

Sure hope is ok long term as that combined sounds pretty nasty & is a lot the heal up.

sucks big time for CR....he was actually pulling off the whole racer/team owner deal and in a big way! I question him long term though...between the Millville crash which seemed to scare him the rest of the season and now this crash...i hope he can remain mentally strong...we all know he can twist the throttle damn well

well i guess the race is on for 2nd , can stewart catch dungey in the points ? sure r going to miss the twotwo the rest of season. think he was the only one who could have taken title from villo.

It will haunt him forever if that is how he ends his racing career.
I was upset he got hurt. I think RV may even miss racing him.
It kept him sharp and challenged..
Maybe RV's speed was just out of CR22 's compfort zone.
best wishes to Chad and family..

Family the key word here..... now chad has a son and he lost his good friend while back he may question his priorities..... which leads me to believe you might not be as mentally strong as before

After RC retired I was bummed that he wasn't around anymore.

Then, seeing how Chad put his one money into putting together his own team and also seeing how determined Reed was at winning another title, I became a big fan.

Now Reeds gone for at least the 2012 season and I'm bummed again.

A lot of the top riders have insurance policies against career ending injuries. That may be a factor in whether or not he ever returns.

i hope this isnt the end of reed. could you imagine 2013 with the 4 main players, plus a healthy canard, and barcia and possibly tomac and wilson moving up to 450's! 8 guys that could all get it done.

Carlsbad, California – In a devastating blow for TwoTwo Motorsports Chad Reed, injuries sustained at last weekend’s Dallas round of the AMA Supercross, have forced him to retire from the remainder of the 2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship.

Reed suffered a horrific crash while challenging for the race lead on Lap 7 and was unable to finish the race. Initial scans have revealed the Australian has torn his anterior cruciate ligament, broken his tibia and fibula, sustained two broken ribs and has a broken T6 vertebrae. At this point in time doctors are waiting for the swelling on his knee to subside before they conduct surgery.

“To say I am hurting right now would be a major understatement,” Reed said. “I am just trying to figure out what hurts more, the injuries or the fact that I am going to be out for a while with knee surgery. “This is bitterly disappointing, I felt like I had everything in my corner this time. I’ve never felt more comfortable, from the bike and team to my riding.

“I was genuinely in a position to fight for race wins week in week out and expected to be going to Las Vegas for a shot at the title. “To my sponsors and fans thank-you for your messages of support, they mean a lot. This is a difficult time,” Reed added.

The TwoTwo Motorsports team and sponsors will regroup over the next week and formulate a plan to move forward. Reed is aiming to return for the outdoor season but that goal will be re-evaluated by doctors post surgery.

Chad Reed and TwoTwo Motorsports are proudly supported by Bel-Ray, Honda Motorcycles, Shift, Etnies, Skullcandy, Fox, Pro Circuit, Factory Effex, Specialized, Showa, Dunlop, Renthal, America's Tire.com, Discount Tire.com, DT1 Airfilters, D.I.D, Hinson Clutches, VP Race Fuels, Matrix, JStar Motors, Dubya and Mechanixwear.

Back