chad reed

My guess is he puts someone on the bike and continues the season.....How cool would it be for Windham to ride for him outdoors. He tested CRs bike a couple weeks ago, so they obviously still have a relationship going back to their Yamaha days.

Any chance he would give someone a ride for the rest of the season? That would be cool for him to give someone a chance.

I think he needs to save his money. If someone wants to run factory under a privateer tent then they need to come up with the means like Reed did. Nobody gave him a ride and completely gave up on him.

Save your bones reedy and use it for yourself, you earned it.

But still he has payrolls to meet. I still think he's probably forking out some cash. He's not getting rich that's for sure. And his weekly direct deposit isn't looking as fat as Poto's. If he even has a weekly direct deposit.

But I don't know....what I do think is that after he retires TwoTwo motorsports is going to stay factory and could be as prestigious as the Mitch Payton team.

There was some talk in the off season about adding another rider to his team and expanding the effort........... this is the problem with a one man band. If the one man goes down (which isn't odd in SX at all) than the whole thing is off. He's got a whole team of personnel that are there based on him riding and I'm sure he has to pay them even if they aren't doing a job based on his crash as part of their employment contract. It would make sense to get some bang for your buck by having another guy ride for the team in his absence if possible, but the list of riders available to fill that role is pretty slim. Factor in that Trey Canard is already out of a Honda Factory ride and that makes 2 Honda Facory supported bikes out of the racing now........... if they could bring in someone to make the mains and do OK, it would be better than not having Honda's out on the track.

Remember Sean Hamblin coming out of nowhere to a factory fill in Ride and then making a factory contract after that after given the chance? Something like that makes everyone feel good and I'm sure Honda is looking for someone to fill in if possible.

I'm bummed that Reed is out......... and outdoors is a long shot as well as well as ACL surgery isn't easy to come back from alone let alone the other injuries. He may be back by mid summer if all goes well, but not by beginning of the outdoor season, which is a real shame.

poor reed, i have been watching this guy for the past 10 or 12 years, and i have mad respect for the dude. the last thing i expected was to see reed go down like that, he is such a consistant rider, and i have never seen him look so comfy on the bike. this is a big dissappointment, would have loved to see him take the title this season. he will be back, heal up reed were gonna miss u out there.

Yeah, this sucks. No one else seemed to be able to run with VP on a consistene basis. I started liking ol' CR a little more lately. I like his attitude. Big bummer for everyone. What can you do....stil going to Indy SX!!! :)

reed wasnt doing this to make money... hes got plenty of it. i would think the sponsors want someone on the bike. when other teams add replacement riders, its not for the fun of it. its to make the sponsors happy. i also wouldnt think chad would want to leave his team personel high and dry just because he crashed out.

I'm sure a replacement rider is in the works as we type, can't see that factory rig sittin just cause Reed went down! Reed must have a plan B to fulfill sponsorship obligations

looks like i was wrong...
Chad Reed <S>@</S>CRtwotwo
FYI at this time I have zero interest in putting someone on my bike. Benefit to cost ratio doesn't even come close to making sense... <S>#</S>sorry

but he also said its not his bike to give away...

youd think he could find some privateer that would want to ride that thing for free. heck, some people pay to ride under semi's tents.
This just squashed my comment,,,,interesting keep us posted on his tweets

I've never had any interest in Twitter, but being able to get updates from Reed is making me reconsider. That's kinda cool.

I've never had any interest in Twitter, but being able to get updates from Reed is making me reconsider. That's kinda cool.

thats really the only reason i signed up for one was to follow racers and stuff to get updates throughout race day and such.. kind of cool because some of them use it pretty personally vs some that have facebook "fan" pages and such...

sounds like i need a twitter to keep up as well , hoping for a speedy recovery for reed! he was on the throttle tht night and determined to beat rv.

hope to see him back soon enough !

Back