Electric bikes......yea, not in my future!

I read up on these, dont forget the biggest thing, the battery only goes maybe 30 min and takes FOREVER to recharge. and im sure thats just average riding... hard riding or a faster guy would prob kill it in half that time.

Faster faster claims they have a 2 hour full performance battery life. After that the performs drops off exponentially.

Hmm somehow i can't get the image of someone cutting their grass with an electric lawnmower out of my mind reading about this! Electrical components dirt , water ,mud, charging> Oh yeah the pits will be full of those loud obnoxious gensets ,well be quiet and emissions free then. Don't forget all the power demands well have to build a couple nuclear power plants to keep up with the demands of our electric stuff.

Nuclear power plants should be built! Put people to work here, don't send money over to our buddies in the middle east for oil. But that is for another thread....

My son's first bike was electric!
Super-ShockerBike.jpg

honestly these electric bikes look awfully flimsy. One of the reasons I went from bicycles to dirtbikes was that I broke many frames and wheels on my bicycles.

I don't think it looks flimsy. At first glance yes, but it just looks like theres a lot of stuff missing. WHich is why it probably gives the intiial appearance of weak looking / flimsy as you say.

the swingarm/forks look pretty standard, the frame looks pretty beefy, and the subframe looks about normal as well. picture your bike with no plastic and such. it would kind of look a little bit like that too. just has small plastic and a lot of empty space on it

i also thought at first.. man, i bet you could really throw that thing around a lot..has to be light. but then i realized the battery is probably just as hevy as a motor, and all the other stuff is still there, so its probably not any lighter!!

just checked the specs.. 250/260 race weight / street weight (idk what that means)

so yeah, its like riding a heavy electric 450 lol. but i bet it would feel a lot lighter.

I would be so embarrassed if we all started racing those. I talk to myself the whole time I ride, My God would I get made fun of if you all could hear me.

That concludes the first round of motos. We will take a short break to prep the track, and let riders recharge their machines. If anyone has an extra power cord they wish to sell, bring it to the sign up building as we have a rider in need.

Hopefully I'll be dead before I have to switch to one of these.

Don't wish ill will on yourself brother...bad karma. We MX'ers have trouble enough keeping it tire side down without that... ;)

Change is tough. You just have to roll with it IMO. Just be glad you have what you have and can do what you can do. Sure, it won't be the same, could be better, could be worse, but at least it will give us something...or not. :)

Glass is half full right? If not, get another glass......

Some place like San Francisco or Berkley will buy the Police version.......to be Green.......They can keep them.

Back