Injury report this list is getting to big! Ridiculous

Let's not forget that all of the Vet's that are posting on here are also a bit heavier than they used to be when they raced 2 strokes and a bit older with more brittle bones than they had when they were young and bouncing off the ground. I don't have quite the spring in my step anymore after a crash that I did when I was younger whether I'm crashing a 2 stroke or 4 stroke these days......

4 strokes have allowed more riders to go faster than they used to...... but sports of all types have escalated their games to make kids faster, better, and take more chances than ever before. YouTube and the like allow kids everywhere to see stuff that the best of the best can do and they try it on their own now..... pushing the limit of ability and physics together make for some tough crashes and injuries. Remember when McGrath could enter a freestyle contest and do well by throwing a knack knack and a few whips.... now unless you are doing back flip variations you can't even think about even entering a freestyle contest. And guess what, when you crash doing the back flip variation.... you get hurt much worse than when you did by trying a knack knack and high siding on the landing.

I was a Wild Man on a two stroke. I loop out more two strokes then most people have ridden. I bought my first four stroke in 03 when Yamaha came out with the 450. I have not loop out sence I bought my four stroke. Knock on wood here.

I was a Wild Man on a two stroke. I loop out more two strokes then most people have ridden. I bought my first four stroke in 03 when Yamaha came out with the 450. I have not loop out sence I bought my four stroke. Knock on wood here.
Your also older and wiser as Rocket pointed out! It's all about personal preference so ride whatever you feel comfortable with. I have always been and always will be a 2 stroke guy and took great pleasure being (at times) the only smoker on the gate!

How about kids nowadays going directly from 2 stroke minis to 250f's that weigh 220lbs? I know I've heard a lot of paren't voicing concerns about that.

How about kids nowadays going directly from 2 stroke minis to 250f's that weigh 220lbs? I know I've heard a lot of paren't voicing concerns about that.

That is why my kid is on an old CR 125 Honda as we did not think she was ready for a 250f yet.

I did it. Kx 105 to crf250. Broke my collarbone on a 2 smoke 125 2 years prior. Any jump from a mini to a big bike is difficult.

Never raced c class either. I feel like that helped prevent injury. But I tried obeying loose interpretation of the c class eligibility rule, which apparently is uncommon.

Let's not forget that all of the Vet's that are posting on here are also a bit heavier than they used to be when they raced 2 strokes and a bit older with more brittle bones than they had when they were young and bouncing off the ground. I don't have quite the spring in my step anymore after a crash that I did when I was younger whether I'm crashing a 2 stroke or 4 stroke these days......

4 strokes have allowed more riders to go faster than they used to...... but sports of all types have escalated their games to make kids faster, better, and take more chances than ever before. YouTube and the like allow kids everywhere to see stuff that the best of the best can do and they try it on their own now..... pushing the limit of ability and physics together make for some tough crashes and injuries. Remember when McGrath could enter a freestyle contest and do well by throwing a knack knack and a few whips.... now unless you are doing back flip variations you can't even think about even entering a freestyle contest. And guess what, when you crash doing the back flip variation.... you get hurt much worse than when you did by trying a knack knack and high siding on the landing.

Speak for yourself Rocket on the weight! I'm down and feel better than I ever have....maybe I need a super-mini as I might not weight enough anymore to ride my pig or 125!

Speak for yourself Rocket on the weight! I'm down and feel better than I ever have....maybe I need a super-mini as I might not weight enough anymore to ride my pig or 125!

Not all of us are willing to go on a VEGAN diet, next thing you know, you might be anti motorcycle riding and hugging trees in the woods that need saving from us dirtbikers! And go ahead and get a Supermini to race at Red Bud! Let's see how that works out.

Weight to power ratio and turning radius a supermini compared to a stock 125 the supermini wins every race with equally talented riders. Can't remember how many schoolboy races I made easy inside passes and good got good starts on.

I bet those CRf 150s tuned nicely would pull around a lighter vet nicely.

Not all of us are willing to go on a VEGAN diet, next thing you know, you might be anti motorcycle riding and hugging trees in the woods that need saving from us dirtbikers! And go ahead and get a Supermini to race at Red Bud! Let's see how that works out.

Ha..vegan is nothing compared to the plant based eating and training program I'm trying. I have not felt this good in 15 years... My arteries are as wide as the tunnel heading out of WV southbound into VA! Down to 165...14lbs down.

If I make it back to my senior year in high school weight of 103lbs, it's on! I'll get a supermini and bag the 450! Lol! At the bare minimum become a full time 125 rider. I've always been faster are those anyway! Pit would agree!

Sharc if the 450 goes, your first in line for the legs!$

Hey watch it, I am 145 .....

Yeah, obviously he doesn't want to be that size where he could fall over and have his bike hurt him in a slow speed tip over!!!! LOL, Oh Wait, he did that last year in the first lap of practice at the Regional at Red Bud, tip over and smashed his foot and was out all summer.

Better Bulk UP!!!!

165????.....that's my size.
And you want to go down even more????......why?

Yeah, actually the weight loss is a result of eating healthy and training! I'm thinking I'll bottom out soon and the body will keep in check and stay around my natural weight as long as I'm eating right and working out. I am getting old and am trying to make myself heart attack and stroke proof. Goal being to avoid the statistics about heart disease and that 70% of Americans are estimated to be diabetic in next couple of years.

Rocket, don't worry.. u will have someone to split the gas with for regionals.... I'll be ready.

'Scuse me while I set down my Burrito Supreme to type for a sec.....
I think I'm clearly in the 70 percentile....at least if I get pissed at Zman I can sit on him.

Back