Villapoto and jumping the triple under caution debate

Not arguing at all, but my $.02 is shouldn't those lights be in sequence? Anywho glad to see no-one was injured

And when do you think he saw those red lights on the top of the jump? He clearly hasn't seen them yet in the pic because he's still on the gas, and it's not like between his current spot on the track and the lip of the jump he has 5 seconds. You realize from where he is at to the top of the jump is less than a second of time?

Look at the lights BEHIND him. Those are yellow. There is also a yellow flag BEHIND him. After he jumped the triple, those lights were red and the flag was a red cross.

I'm starting to wonder if the people saying he could have stopped and NOT jumped have ever ridden before.

+1

I think if the AMA docked him everyone would have accepted the also. It can go either way. Before he even entered the corner before the triple those yellow lights were on and the flag was out so your gonna tell me he did not look ahead before the Jump after all that?

It really does not matter but it I were dungey I would be more worried about it. On pulp Mx they said the AMA may have docked rv 5 seconds which would have put him in third place and dungey would have got more points on rv.

s1600_deleted_lap.jpg

Ever notice that RV looks down more than most pro's? I remember reading in an article once that RV said he doesn't believe in the "looking ahead" like everyone else....

Bottom line in my opinion....the yellow flag was waving. If the red cross flag is waving, then no jumping. Obviously the yellow light is on coming out of the corner also.

I am not sure what the rules are, however, when he came around the corner the YELLOW FLAG was waving, and the YELLOW LIGHTS were on. Watched the race 10x already. If they have not docked him any positions by now, it is probably a dead point.

dude there are no flags lol, for like the 6th time,

lol, i wanna bash my head into my desk every time someone talks about them. NO JUMPING WHEN RED LIGHTS ARE FLASHING! they penalize the privateers for it all the time in practice. malcolm stewart gets a fine for being slapped in the back of the head. weston peick gets yanked from main event even though his transponder crosses the line first, visual over ride gavin faith gets the spot.

3. White Flag with Red Cross:
In Supercross this flag OR A RED FLASHING LIGHT may be
displayed at the beginning of a triple jump or a series of
jumps. The riders must roll each jump individually with no
passing and exercise extreme caution until they are past the
area of concern. (this is in the rule book, i just capitalized the light part so people get it, maybe)
sure looks red to me. but hey, hes a monster rider in the monster energy supercross series.
422906_245088548912847_100002351105526_526087_1840165520_n.jpg

im just stirring the pot. carry on.

Seriously, if he cant slow enough from this point to the top of the jump to roll it ...

And in all honesty I cant imagine wanting to jump a blind triple KNOWING there is a rider down on the other side, for my own safety !

Seriously, if he cant slow enough from this point to the top of the jump to roll it ...

And in all honesty I cant imagine wanting to jump a blind triple KNOWING there is a rider down on the other side, for my own safety !

just proof that he obviously didnt see it, look at his head he is looking down like he always is. im sure he was 100% focused on the race and wouldnt intentionally jump and risk his own safety or being docked a spot.

Being overly "focused" or not paying attention..... noboddies fault but his own. The lights are there for a reaeon. He almost landed on someone not to mention almost hitting the trackworker. My problem with RV is he thinks his **** dont stink. If the rider was stewart or alessi or lets say friese.... the world as we know it would be on meltdown. Plain and simple villipoto broke a clear rule in AMA supercross by not penalizing hin ANYTHING the AMA is setting the WRONG example for riders. I am VERY suprised ktm nor jgr protested but Ive noticed kharma is very prevalent this season. I have a feeling ryan will get his just desserts.

Just think of if the tune would change had he seriously hurt, paralyzed, or killed the rider or worker. Would it be ok since he was committed or overly focused. He is being treated specially as barrington has noted. Its not right.

just proof that he obviously didnt see it, look at his head he is looking down like he always is. im sure he was 100% focused on the race and wouldnt intentionally jump and risk his own safety or being docked a spot.

so when you run a red light, throw that one by the police officer.

Hey Bubba fans, look its not a conspiracy. People blame other riders for riding like they are the only one on the track too. Sorry just needed to point that out. Please proceed with intelligent conversation.

so when you run a red light, throw that one by the police officer.
Pretty sure every speeding ticket I ever recieved was because I didn't see that posted sign. ;)
The more I look at this ignorance is no excuse for breaking rules. So I'd say he's guilty now. Those bikes stop on a dime. Especially on those steep faces. They take off like a rocket. (NASA rocket, not robin)

Back