Arenacross Champ Tyler Bowers is pre entered for ST Louis Lites race..... Predictions?

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
So there was some talk of Tyler Bowers a few weeks ago in a thread here somewhere and how he would do in SX. Well this year's AX action was all on 250F's and Tyler is signed up to compete in the East Lites Race this weekend in St Louis according to the Pre Entry list. He has qualified in the SX Class before after AX was done while riding 450's, so it will be interesting to see him on a small bike this year.

I'm guessing that Tyler will qualify for the main and finish about 8th place in the SX Lites class this weekend. Anyone else have any ideas how Tyler will do?

Given the right opportunity, I think he could be racing the big classes every week.

I could see him qualifying for the night show, getting a 7-10 in the heat. Winning the LCQ but finishing outside the top 13.

Hard to say for sure. Would like to see him up in the top 10 but I don't think without some more sx experience a top 10 is feasible in STL

Tyler lost a lot of weight this year to run the AX class on 250F's. There was an interview with him at the start of the AX season on RacerX and I can't remember the exact amount, but he lost something like 35 lbs to run the smaller bike. So I don't think his size will be that much of a hinderance.... plus he's been riding a 250F all year and won 12 of the AX events all on a 250F, so he must go pretty well on it.

He's been good at SX and run the big class before and had no trouble qualifying there, so I think he'll do well in SX this coming weekend and be inside the top 10.

Im going to say he does the same as every year, just enough to show he has potential and get in the top 10. But not quite enough to spark the eyes of a Factory team wanting him to switch over.

I didn't know they were all racing 250f's in AX now....I even watched some on TV and never realized it! All those bikes go OINK!

For the comments he makes about the ax guys i hope he dont even transfer from the heat lol

Yeah, I would hate for him to go out there and make them all look bad??? WINK! WINK!

Ok! Seriously that wasn't called for nor the Skags dealio but he paid his penance. I hope he does well but he's a big boy and SX is a longer event so top ten may be a little difficult for know.

I'm going to say he we be closer to top 5 than the top of 10 and someone will be going over the berm. If that person is Tyler, he finishes top 12. :)

He's too big of a boy to be on a 250f. He comes up a hard short on hard out of the corner triples/rhythms.

How bout gibby. My man!!

Gibson got quite a bit of camera time, They were on him for first half of the race. Was doing very well then something must have happened... dropped out of the top ten to like 17th or something.
Bowers sure had a rough night.

Gibby finished 15th, lost 5 positions on the last lap! He started off great runnin 4th for awhile. Did Bowers clip the tunnel? tv just showed the end of it

Bowers is too big for the 250 on a SX track. Don't think he got great starts in AX but could muscle the bike around and through the pack where the obstacles aren't SX size. Remember watching him finish a moto at Kilbarger's WW night SX track after breaking the frame on his 250. And that was when he was still a young kid.

Back