When did everyone become religious?

God is there When were ready for him. He does not force himself in . I didnt need proof to believe ...only faith. Once I had faith the proof came too. I am glad God gets some airtime...he only gave his sons life for us. Quite a price to pay.
Thanks God.

anyways.... daytona is this weekend. anyone know the weather forecast?
panorama12.jpg

Chance of a spotty JS7 which will weaken and break up, with 100% forcast of RV pushing to the front with RD5 to follow.

Hello Everyone! Definitely ready for Daytona...gonna be SWEET!!! Ya know, I am hesitant about posting on this topic. As they saying goes or something like it "We don't talk politics or religion and were gonna be friends", but I have to take a stance in the honor of the One who saved my soul.

In this comment, I intend to state my heartfelt belief. This is a public forum that is great for our local motocross family, so I will not preach, only speak since the subject came up.

I am a man that fully believes in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour! I didn't grow up in church or anything, actually my family was/is far from God. One day I was living on my own, nothing crazy going on, no long thought process of "I need something" (which happens), simply one day I decided to go to church. I was a working as a cable guy at the time (cool job), I went to three churches rather quickly. I normally disconnected peoples cable. One day I walk into work and am assigned a actual cable job, where I get to work on someones cable. I was stoked because I get to deal with a customer instead of going it alone all day. This lady has a problem with her recently installed cable. It was an network problem, I had to contact dispatch so they could reset the signal electronically. Normally dispatch responds within 3-5 minutes, no problem! I couldn't reach them for over an hour. During that time, the conversation turned spiritual, I was all ears!!! This wife invited me to a bible study and to a church. I went to the bible study first...this was God working! It was at this bible study that I was able to ask questions about eternity and get direct answers form the bible. That night I received the gospel of Jesus Christ. I still go the church she invited me to six years later.

Faith isn't the absence of common sense. The single greatest work God has done in me is changed my heart towards people. He used motocross as a way to save my life too.

Like beenridin stated "once I had faith the proof came too" My faith is full of substance. God is real! I know He exists.

Really, God/Jesus Christ are largely misunderstood because Satan is real too!

I am the biggest problem in my life for sure, I mean come on, I have red hair!!!

I always find it interesting.....in the Bible it says something to the effect of "Do not be like the hypocrites who pray for all to see, but rather, pray to your Father in the privacy of your home."

Even with good intentions, aren't Canard, Dungey, and Tebow going against what God calls for?

I dont know about Tebow because I dont havent seen him but as for the the mx guys I would say no they are not. Simply thanking God in a short sentence is just acknowledging Him in their life. They certainly arent pushing their believes or trying to say " Look at me I believe in God so should you!"

Just my opinion

Exactly. No more than RV is pushing Monster Energy drink down you throat, or pushing kawasaki down your throat. They just simply acknowledge God in their life as much as their parents, team manager, and mechanic or trainer, among others who have helped them. They're not pushing them down anybody's throat either, but I'm guessing you can't remember the name of Dungy's mechanic. (Mabey you can, mabey you can't) Funny how you guys picked up on how they acknoledge Christ. If your not religous, I wouldn't think it would matter. Does it bother you if a rider thanks one particular trainer that he uses rather than the one you think he should use, or do you care? What about K-dub acknowledging Planet Fitness. Everybody who uses somewhere else might get offended by the fact he mentioned thanks to them after his fourth Saturday. Just wondering

Those videos might just be out there from Trey as way for people that want to follow up on what he believes in a place to go and hear some more. I don't remember Trey (or any of our other MX Heroes who thank God) as directing anyone to follow his beliefs. If people are interested in what Trey has to say about God, why wouldn't he have a place where he shares his views.

There are people that share their views on Neck Braces everywhere, why can't someone share their view on God?

On this subject, God and religion is a very personal thing and different for each individual. I grew up coming through 12 years of Catholic schooling before heading off to college. My college roommate for 2 of my 4 years was a very active member of Campus Crusade for Christ and the head of the organization was often in our room working with my roommate on various projects. He saw an opening one day and approached me about my religious views and asked me a few questions that generally lead people into his talks about God and his place in their lives. I had already come to my own thoughts on religion and shared my views with him and that was it..... no pressure or anything, just people talking religious beliefs. I didn't join his group or feel that his ideas fit my personal needs in my life, and he accepted my ideas for what they were. I think religion is a personal thing that is different for each and every person on this planet. You have to find out what works for you and your situation, and if that entails thanking God or Jesus Christ in your podium speech to make you right with yourself..... than I have no problem with that.

On the other hand, there are people that use religion for their own benefit that are not so good... many failed TV Evangelists come to mind. And that is the flip side of that same coin.... religion can become a means to a end that is used inappropriately for other purposes than guiding people by use of a moral compass, in those cases, religion can be a very bad thing. As I said, it is an individual thing and each person needs to find out what works for them to keep their life on track.

Faith 617 I thank you for sharing. It is hard to share religious views in a forum like this. Most are understanding and respectfuk, but it seems that out of the woodwork comes those who disagree and know all. I applaud those like Trey or Tebow who are so secure and deeply driven through their beleifs. These two obviously come from a more evangelical background where it has been put upon their hearts to help bring others to know Jesus Christ as they do. Some Churches encourage you to bring others to know Christ while others do not push this as much.

As my wife always says......it is up to the church to reach out in any way possible to bring someone to God. I dont attend church on a regular basis with her, but she is right. My son plays in a basketball league that is awesome, Upward. The program teaches the kids basketball, is very professional (one of the best run we have been a part of), and also has a prayer before the game and short devotion at halftime. I have no issues with anyone thanking God. I really think this country was founded on the principles of God, and we have gotten very far away from those.

As for Treys videos......obviously you must have watched Barrington to know that you thought Trey was pushy. If you had watched, and the light bulb had come on that you wanted to find the Lord, I would imagine that the video at that point had done what Trey probably hoped it would. Help someone who is perhaps lost in life etc, to find his savior.

If you go back a bunch of years, you'll find that Rick Johnson was always prompt on crediting the almighty in his interviews.

Just wait and see everyones reaction when some lightning boy whips everyones ass on the track, an then drops to his knees and thanks Allah (however it's spelled) on the podium! That'll be a hoot.

I`m speechless at some of these comments. I`ve read the back of the big book and know that without a doubt every knee will bow and every tongue will confess. Praise the Lord!

Religion...so many to pick from. I think it's hilarious that a Catholic, or whatever will make fun of another religion such as Scientology. Really is one more unbelievable then the next?

When asked an opinion or given a topic to comment on I feel that the person who is asked or offering there opinion is warranted in doing so. Trey might have been in that situation when making the tapes that are in question.
This post is about Religion so here I am commenting. As John250 said the light bulb may have gone off for someone due to his interview. I think that is how the Holy Spirit works through us for Gods glory and benefit.
I had a chance at Scenic once to say the opening prayer at a race a few years back. I was glad to step up and ask for safe keeping of all riders and workers for that day.
I remember at Kenworthys one year watching the Pro riders having a chapel service before the races and feeling that it was okay for me to be bring my faith to the track . There are more people than you think that believe in a creator divine.
As for differing religious views I believe that men make religion and God gave us the Bible as well as a chance for a personal relationship with him. This is his free gift if accepted and not a man made effort to follow.
Thanks for all the good posts ...

Back