Smith Road

When is 330 even open for practice? I would love to go there but if they have been holding open practic they need to advertise it way better.

Thanks guys, I have never been to smith rd but i am sure its a nice track and i hope everything works out for the police and fire guys for thier benefit this year, which i hope to be able to attend and race. Unfortunately we will not be holding any events in 2012 at area 330

That's a bummer for Area330, and I wish them well to hopefully make a return in the future even if it is just as a practice facility.

Speaking of law enforcement officers and Smith Road, do any of you old timers remember Jac (might be spelling it wrong)? He ran the trailer that sold gear and shirts/hats and stuff and he cooked at the jail also. He was an awesome guy. I worked for him all the time when I wasn't flagging. Good times, Good times ha.

I am going to compete in the Ohio Police and Fire Games motocross, this year it is being held at smith road. I have never been there before but I watched some helmet cam videos on you tube. It looks to be pretty flat, narrow and not very many jumps. That is not what concerns me though, in the video I noticed a tree in the middle of the track with a hay bale duct taped to it. Is that still there? What are your guys general impressions of the facility? Thanks.

Here is a pretty good video I made with my GoPro. I'm burning the lap around in a AHRMA vintage race on my 1983 YZ125, but it gives you a general idea of the lap and all that is involved. It's from a few years back and never noticed until now the audio does not match the video. On the gas when in a corner and off the gas when on straights...oh well.

I'm thinking I will be at a LL regional so will not be able to make this event, bummer! I had some good police and fire events when they were held at Broken Spokes a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elEOiNbBy80

You must mean Jock? He's still there, although I hear he's not in great health. I had no idea he cooked at the jail though. If I ever end up there, hopefully I'll have an in... --L*64

Yeah, Jock. If I remember correctly, he made pizzas once a week or something. We would go up to the jail and eat with him. Sad to hear that he isn't doing too well. Do me a favor and tell him Scotty says hi if you see him (if he even remembers me). What about Enzo? Any of yall remember him?

Jock still frequents the track, and reads pitracer. Wish there were more guys like Jock in every state, at every racing event.

Here is a pretty good video I made with my GoPro. I'm burning the lap around in a AHRMA vintage race on my 1983 YZ125, but it gives you a general idea of the lap and all that is involved. It's from a few years back and never noticed until now the audio does not match the video. On the gas when in a corner and off the gas when on straights...oh well.

I'm thinking I will be at a LL regional so will not be able to make this event, bummer! I had some good police and fire events when they were held at Broken Spokes a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elEOiNbBy80

now i remember back in the day a one liner track, had a couple good crashes getting tangled with another rider trying to pass, lot of good memories back then though.

oh yea always loved being there the days when the late John Leak was there, he always so fast at smith road. RIP

Back